Which toons are ptp?

DatBoi
3615 posts Member
Please enlighten me, everyone who complains about having to battle all these "ptp teams" in arena. Which teams are you referring to?

As a ftp player myself, i have thrawn, chaze, and nihilus. I have reached rank 26 on a dec 2015 shard. I have unlocked every legendary toon the first time around. I did not unlock cls because i ignored the signs, but i know many ftp players who did indeed unlock him.

I know how arrogant i sound, but since so many people such as myself have acheived "ptp" status without spending a dime, the argument that some teams can only be built if you spend money is completely null.

Obviously people who pay have an advantage over ftp players. But that should be obvious. Nobody would pay any money if that wasnt the case. Just be glad that everything is available for free. You just either have to invest time or money.

Replies

• P2p chars can refer to any such toon. ....not many are that wat....P2p generally refers to gear and shards neended or crystals
  • Falcon, Reaper, Cassian's U-Wing, and Kylo Ren' s command shuttle
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • I think the only one currently is Fulcrum Ashoka, if you discount the fact her shards are available in shipments. Which I don't exactly consider ftp, but hey whatever.
  • I think the only one currently is Fulcrum Ashoka, if you discount the fact her shards are available in shipments. Which I don't exactly consider ftp, but hey whatever.

But she should be ftp in about a week or two so that is normal
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • beatthesithouttaU
    10 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    as of right now, for arena, ahsoka who isnt farmable yet. (and ewoks).

Krennic, baze, and thrawn if you didnt max him could do with some stars but not remotely essential, nihilus, shoretrooper also a little better with more stars. and various pretty average hard node farms if you didnt choose to farm them a long time ago or are on a newer shard

For raids, all of those could be p2p for you.

Im fine with waiting for shards, its the rate at which we get gear that concerns me. Ive more or less come to terms with it until now, but with gear 12 coming, i really hope a lot of gear to G10 is made massively more attainable, so we can gear a lot more characters to usability, and use our wide rosters, but with the gap to G12 still there would be such a good change for the game. i hope some of the G10-11 aat gear is made significantly less scarce too.
  • I wouldn't even call them pay to play anymore. More like pay for shortcut. I've spent more money then I would have liked on this game but I've had a 7 star DN for a while and 6 star baze. I don't mind spending any money as I am lucky enough to have disposal income. I am not lucky enough to have patience.
  • I wouldn't even call them pay to play anymore. More like pay for shortcut. I've spent more money then I would have liked on this game but I've had a 7 star DN for a while and 6 star baze. I don't mind spending any money as I am lucky enough to have disposal income. I am not lucky enough to have patience.

I agree with Dean as it is more of a Pay for Shortcut now. It used to be a big thing with the hidden packs where some toons like Rex would only be obtainable if you spent enough $$$ to unlock these packs and then spend money on buying the packs to get it to 7*. It used to be some ridiculous number like $500 or more to 7* Rex back in the day before he was in the stores, and there were several other toons like him like SunFac, Tusken Shawman and others that were unlockable in like a tournament and then only seen again in these hidden packs.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Falcon, Reaper, Cassian's U-Wing, and Kylo Ren' s command shuttle

Fair enough
  • Lonestar, Barf, Dark Helmet, Vinnie, and Pizza the Hut.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I think the only one currently is Fulcrum Ashoka, if you discount the fact her shards are available in shipments. Which I don't exactly consider ftp, but hey whatever.

Everyone was given a 3* Fulcrum Ashoka..... thats actually the opposite of a P2P toon....
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Falcon, Reaper, Cassian's U-Wing, and Kylo Ren' s command shuttle

This is as close as you can get to exclusive P2P, but they are ships and not toons.