help building my new squad

jarael
107 posts Member
edited August 2017
i finally unlocked commander luke and got him to g11 so i was thinking of using him as leader (right now i use a zaul team)

i was thinking of using:

-cls g11 (L)
-r2d2 g11
-thrawn g10
-nihilus g10

but i don't know who my 5th character should be
is chirrut any good without baze? cause i can get him to g10
i also could get kylo to g10

(i have 40 zetas avaiable, if you could tell me who should i give them to i would appreciate it)

these are my characters: https://swgoh.gg/u/jarael/collection/

thanks in advance!

Replies

• Options
    GK is probably the best fit for your team. You need a tank. Only your GK is still lvl 1.

I would recommend using Leia in that spot until GK is ready. Regarding the zeta's: zeta r2 his number crunch. Afterwards I recommend zeta'ing Luke his unique It binds all things. You will only run 2 rebels in your lineup, so his zetaing his leader skill isn't usefull. It binds all things benefits dark side characters as well :)
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Options
    Whats good in Luke leading a bunch of Sith? It will only affect R2D2.
  • jarael
    107 posts Member
    Options
    GK is probably the best fit for your team. You need a tank. Only your GK is still lvl 1.

I would recommend using Leia in that spot until GK is ready. Regarding the zeta's: zeta r2 his number crunch. Afterwards I recommend zeta'ing Luke his unique It binds all things. You will only run 2 rebels in your lineup, so his zetaing his leader skill isn't usefull. It binds all things benefits dark side characters as well :)

thanks, i think i'll try that. i could get gk to lvl 85 and 6* but i only have 180 carbantis so... i'll use leia till then
  • Options
    Pacyn4life wrote: »
    Whats good in Luke leading a bunch of Sith? It will only affect R2D2.

idk thrawn and nihilus seem to be good for any team and their leads would only benefit them... if you have any suggestion for a different set-up i'd be happy to hear it
  • Options
    Better take out thrawn put in chaze, makes more sense with a CLS lead
  • Options
    CLS with nihilus, thrawn R2 and GK is also good team
  • Syrath
    129 posts Member
    Options
    You will likely be better off using Shoretrooper in that last spot with who you have geared or out in Chaze after gearing them up.

CLS lead is not to useful, if you aren't building a rebel based team but you have to have a tank or teams will just pick you apart. There really no protection for DN or Thrawn or Luke either that or you need to be really fast and out speed them across the board.

Another option is StH who is decent and with a CLS lead he'll counter which is helpful. IDK I would think you'd be targeted without that protection on D.

Either way experiment and see what you like and what works best your have a vast array of toons available try something not as conventional and it might work.