Recent drop rates

We never seem to have a shortage of threads discussing horrible drop rates. But how do you explain this? Was I given a surreptitious rate boost as a reward for hitting #1 in arena yesterday?
do5S1bi.png
Whatever the explanation, it sure helps make up for the 0-fer days.

Replies

• usho1
    363 posts Member
    R N G. Come on ...
  • usho1 wrote: »
    R N G. Come on ...

You think so? You could be right. Perhaps daily shard drops are not a good measure of long term rates. It is also possible that I am providing an example of when good things happen in the game to counteract the mostly negative posts about when drops do not go your way.
  • My RNG is bad lately as well, odd
  • I pulled the same drop (4 shards for 5 battles) for Hera last week, felt blessed lol
  • It's funny. 5 sims for Nihilus every day since they changed it, and I still get 0 or 1 Nihilus shards. I've gotten a good 2 - 5 shards from other nodes, though. /me shrugs.
  • We never seem to have a shortage of threads discussing horrible drop rates. But how do you explain this? Was I given a surreptitious rate boost as a reward for hitting #1 in arena yesterday?
    do5S1bi.png
    Whatever the explanation, it sure helps make up for the 0-fer days.

Clearly fixed your drop rates. Patch probably coming in to fix everyone elses.
  • Metroplex79
    834 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    It happens.

One day (before recently), I get 0 for 3 in a Hard Mode, the very next day in the same node, I get 3 for 3.

Just like a Cantina farm (12 node), I get just 1 in a refresh (120) for 10 battles. That was a really sad few minutes. Do another refresh to get to 600 for the Guild, and I get 6 out of 10.

Now if I got 0 in the 20 battles, I'd be raging.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • It's all RNG. After tracking 4400+ Canina Battles, daily rates will definitely skew your perspective, especially since the human mind tends to track the negative more than the positive.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • It's all RNG. After tracking 4400+ Canina Battles, daily rates will definitely skew your perspective, especially since the human mind tends to track the negative more than the positive.

06r7X2r.gif
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    after some investigating i came to the conclusion the screenshot was altered. If what you say is true and you've hit #1 in arena yesterday, you should have gotten 5 out 5. That's how ea/cg keeps the have's on top and the have not's scrambling.
    giphy.gif
    Save water, drink champagne!

This, but man do those 4/50 and 3/50 days on Cuffs really stick with you.
    Especially since the droprate isn't 50%.

Since there are two outcomes (Get a shard, don't get a shard) our puny meatbrains perceive that the droprate should be 50/50. Even though we know getting 4 shards out of 10 runs is great luck, we still think we're unlucky.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I just got 4 shards/4 attempts on Old Ben in Cantina battles, then 2/4, then 3/3. Took screenshots of the first and last. It was beautiful
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Moved to the appropriate sub forum. Feedback>LS/DS/Cantina Battles
  • usho1
    363 posts Member
    I got 4 zetas, 0 sabine shards on main, 5 sabine shards 1 zeta on alt. Pure rng
  • Moved to the appropriate sub forum. Feedback>LS/DS/Cantina Battles

Thanks Maurice!
    Sadly, I went 0-fer on shards today. :(
  • I have used all my cantina energy for the last 36 hours, 2 sets of bo us energy, and 1 refresh. How is it possible that I got zero shards, running the same battle, in all that time? Starting to think rng is broken in cantina. Anyone else have this problem over the last 36 hours? I have never seen it this bad before! Been playing well over a year now. Just to clarify the math for everyone, 36 hours is 180 energy, 2 bonus energy sets is another 90, and 1 refresh for 122 energy, if I remember correctly. That is a total of 392 cantina energy spent on the same battle over the last 36 hours. I'm running Kylo's shard battle at 12 cantina energy per run, for a grand total of 32 attempts. If I stay with the math, and I finally get a shard on my next battle, that would make he drop rate 68% or less.......can that be right?
  • Sel_See_Us wrote: »
    I have used all my cantina energy for the last 36 hours, 2 sets of bo us energy, and 1 refresh. How is it possible that I got zero shards, running the same battle, in all that time? Starting to think rng is broken in cantina. Anyone else have this problem over the last 36 hours? I have never seen it this bad before! Been playing well over a year now. Just to clarify the math for everyone, 36 hours is 180 energy, 2 bonus energy sets is another 90, and 1 refresh for 122 energy, if I remember correctly. That is a total of 392 cantina energy spent on the same battle over the last 36 hours. I'm running Kylo's shard battle at 12 cantina energy per run, for a grand total of 32 attempts. If I stay with the math, and I finally get a shard on my next battle, that would make he drop rate 68% or less.......can that be right?

Oo04a.gif
    If you get a shard on your next battle, that will be 1 shard out of 33 attempts. 1/33 = 0.03 = 3%. Not sure how you came up with 68%.
  • Hmm it would seem that the odds have gotten even worse lol so 3% of the time, if I'm not misunderstanding, I get shards from cantina........still feel like something is wrong with drop rate. Thanks for correcting my math though :-)
  • Sel_See_Us wrote: »
    I have used all my cantina energy for the last 36 hours, 2 sets of bo us energy, and 1 refresh. How is it possible that I got zero shards, running the same battle, in all that time? Starting to think rng is broken in cantina. Anyone else have this problem over the last 36 hours? I have never seen it this bad before! Been playing well over a year now. Just to clarify the math for everyone, 36 hours is 180 energy, 2 bonus energy sets is another 90, and 1 refresh for 122 energy, if I remember correctly. That is a total of 392 cantina energy spent on the same battle over the last 36 hours. I'm running Kylo's shard battle at 12 cantina energy per run, for a grand total of 32 attempts. If I stay with the math, and I finally get a shard on my next battle, that would make he drop rate 68% or less.......can that be right?

Oo04a.gif
    If you get a shard on your next battle, that will be 1 shard out of 33 attempts. 1/33 = 0.03 = 3%. Not sure how you came up with 68%.

Pretty sure I based that number out of 100 attempts, that would get me up to 68%
  • so ... 100-32 = 68%?
    The only way that number (68%) would prove to be true is if you gained 68 shards out of your next 68 attempts. That's not going to happen, but I wish you the best of luck in making that dream come true.
    Look at it this way: if you get a shard on attempt 33, you will have had success only 1 time out of 33 tries. If this pattern holds and you try 33 more times, you will get one more shard. A final 33 attempts will give you another 1 shard. Total attempts = 99, total shards = 3.
    That's basically 3 shards out of 100 tries. 3/100 = 3%

For homework tonight, take note of your drop rate over the next 33 attempts and report back. Odds are that you will get more than 1 shard. In fact, I would expect closer to 10 or more.
  • Thanks for the reply, I hope you are right, I'll let you know how it goes
  • So, after my 34th failed attempt, I decided to use a refresh again, and throw it all into the first location. It was a very tense moment lol but I did indeed get the 3 shards I was waiting for. Not sure if this will help anyone else or not who had the same problem, but there it is.
  • 500 energy. 5 days in a row. 5 battles each day at 20 energy each. 0 shards for Nihilus.

I understand EA wants to make money but that kind of droprate is complete ****. No one says the packs are a good investment because EA has pathetically low droprate. 1299 crystals = 5 shards. No one pulls the 330. It's a deceitful practice.