Heroic Rancor Solo - 6min 16secs (Video)

Pathos
41 posts
edited August 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUhUD-P4Psw

In the midst of soft launch on raid so recorded the bulk of this in a respectable fashion before switching to flight mode and splicing in the last bit handheld. You will see the change at 16.52% remaining in P4. Not ideal but better than the other alternatives open to me.

Oh, and apologies for how utterly gross that iPad screen is. Yikes!

Mods at the time of this recording:
  • Wedge(L) 118 Speed / 216 CD / 3417 PD / 56.67 Crit
  • Biggs 212 Speed / 216 CD / 2497 PD / 57.18 Crit
  • Zolo 252 Speed / 186 CD / 2757 PD / 69.91 Crit
  • CLS 261 Speed / 216 CD / 3370 PD / 60.28 Crit

https://swgoh.gg/u/pathos/
Post edited by Pathos on

Replies

• Zeuschild35
    124 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Wow! Did you try with 5 toons aswell?
  • jyn would be a good addition as well
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    It's probably faster without the extra toons. Biggs calls for the triple shot special every other turn and both CLS and Zolo have TMR on basic plus hit like trucks. Sticking Jyn or 2 other toons in this setup will spoil this interaction. That said, it's probably almost just as fast with just Wedge Biggs CLS?
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Very nice! might actually gear my solo for this takes me about 30mins atm.
  • Moroveus
    147 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Pardon my ignorance, but I'm not familiar with all the different acronyms you all use. Is CD "critical damage"? What's PD? And "crit" is "critical chance" I guess?
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Moroveus wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance, but I'm not familiar with all the different acronyms you all use. Is CD "critical damage"? What's PD? And "crit" is "critical chance" I guess?

You're correct on cd and crit (although some other people call it "cc" too)
    And pd is physical damage
    Also, you could see sd, special damage, but just a few toons rely on this one
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Pathos
    41 posts
    edited August 2017
    Wow! Did you try with 5 toons aswell?
    Adding a 5th here breaks the DPS to TM synergy and slows this down. Current options offering more TM down cannot match the DPS of those already included (and is thus a waste if assist called by Biggs - GAT for example) and adding another straight DPS with no TM reduction gives way too much TM to the Rancor to reliably control and prompts him to go, especially in P4. And that only serves to slow the run down and thus negate the intended time gains. Not to mention opening the door to likely losing a toon. You want this fast but also to remain reliable.

Having said that, I'd love to see a Zuke in action at some point. Likely not as a simple adjunct to this composition.
    ATRAPITIS wrote: »
    jyn would be a good addition as well
    Not in this lineup. Jyn is principally all about TM control. You can plainly see here that more TM reduction is not at all required. Therefore, bearing in mind her notably substandard damage output relative to the toons in this vid, she simply does not have a place here.
  • GRTL
    48 posts Member
    I don't have solo, do you think Jyn would work in his place?
  • holy molly. i'd say nice, but this is AMAZING.
    but i hope that you Zeta han for the arena, because for rancor only is a waste
  • I just soloed with Jyn as the 5th toon - took me around 6min as well

Got video bro?
    | ANZGC | Exile |

Keen on seeing this too, given Jyn's low damage and lengthy animations.
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    I just tried this out and added Jyn to the mix. It took me about 7 minutes on auto, although my CLS is only G9 L79 with basic placeholder mods.
  • Pathos
    41 posts
    edited August 2017
    Yes, the only reason to add Jyn to this squad is if your gear and/or mods can't control the TM reduction with just Zolo and CLS. Once you reach the required threshold with that then removing Jyn will speed your run up substantially.
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    Pathos wrote: »
    Yes, the only reason to add Jyn to this squad is if your gear and/or mods can't control the TM reduction with just Zolo and CLS. Once you reach the required threshold with that then removing Jyn will speed your run up substantially.

Exactly. I put her in there for safety, but even with how weak my CLS is she just seemed to slow things down. Go figure. The goddess of yesterday's raid is a throwaway today.
  • Pathos
    41 posts
    edited August 2017
    ZaulLover wrote: »
    holy molly. i'd say nice, but this is AMAZING.
    but i hope that you Zeta han for the arena, because for rancor only is a waste
    Cheers. And yes indeed, results are here.

Needless to say he's also fab in the HAAT.
  • ATRAPITIS wrote: »
    jyn would be a good addition as well

Main issue with such team is Biggs calling a toon without TM reduction on his assist. Biggs+Wedge feeds a lot boss TM so i wouldn't use a fifth toon personally.

Assist + Zolo or Luke is exactly what you need here. Perhaps QGJ or Rex at worse but i wouldn't use Jyn.
  • Pathos
    41 posts
    edited August 2017
    Here you go. Ran it again with Jyn to highlight the difference. Exact same setup as my 6min 16sec run (in fact with a harder hitting, 55K critting Wedge)... and it took over a minute longer. The RNG here was actually kind at 7min 19secs, the first trial I did took a little over 7min 40secs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxNprksSvnU
  • For those interested also tested Rancor solos with Clones paired with CLS. Two runs back to back here looking to determine if Rex TM down is worth the drop in solo speed vs. just running with Fives and taking the extra hits (spoiler - it isn't). Vid is sped up to save on tedium, but basically Fives build is roughly 9min vs. 10min give or take with Rex. Ran each of these three times with similar results. Rex is "cleaner" sure, but while you may suffer more hits with Fives who really cares when you're in no danger of losing anyone and the latter consistently saves you on overall time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZKFfNQI2Ig
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    With all the easy ways to solo Rancor now, I'd hope that they'd give better rewards... I mean, imagine a guild where everyone gets a full solo, then all that work you put towards being great at Rancor means you get bottom rewards. That really sucks
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Has anyone tried resistance with CLS? Just wondering for a shard mate
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Rotor wrote: »
    Has anyone tried resistance with CLS? Just wondering for a shard mate
    i think that resistance gonna "freeze" luke with all their tm gain and gonna just feed tm to the rancor with every hit (heard that expose gives tm too, or at least with jyn lead) and luke won't be able to reduce tm
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    @Pathos have you tried Ezra as a 5th? I got into fase3 on manual and don't have zolo or zcomander
  • Rotor wrote: »
    @Pathos have you tried Ezra as a 5th? I got into fase3 on manual and don't have zolo or zcomander
    I have, yes. Obviously a total blow out time-wise replacing one of the existing. As a 5th I clocked it around 7min 40sec. While comparatively slow it's reliable to P4 wherepon his presence constantly builds Rancor TM and it becomes heavy RNG as to whether you lose anyone.

Reinforces what I covered earlier; DPS toons as a 5th in this composition without TM control prompt the rancor to breach which slows the process down and risks the loss of a toon. Even TM spread like Ezra offers is not as fast as simply removing him and letting them hit on their own, and in itself constantly risks allowing the Rancor to move if RNG allocates it to the wrong toon at the wrong time.
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    BTW thanks for the video of clones with CLS. Is a very reliable auto run and no hit if done manually.
  • no cls :(
  • Good job @Pathos haven't seen this before uploading mine :smiley:
  • That's crazy fast. Zolo does so much damage xD he just keeps on shooting. I'm running Wiggs, CLS and Jyn. Not that fast, but safe :) takes about 12 min I guess.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].