CLS Event was fantastic....but keep the ball rolling

Prev1
Atlas1
1713 posts Member
The CLS event was great, and I think for once we are all in unanimous agreement.

I'm pretty bummed though, because as I look at the August calendar, the next two weeks look stale. This content was a great new start that pulled this day 1 player back in. From farming Old Ben in record time, to the strategy of the new event, I was engrossed for a solid two-three weeks.

But now I'm starting to feel a little bored again. I probably will feel that way for at least the next 2 weeks or so since TB won't drop until September. Just don't wait too wait too long between releasing new and exciting content to keep us busy, excited and engaged. :)

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    2 weeks is not a long time at all. But, honestly I love these breaks. They give me time to hoard crystals and farm toons i actually want to farm
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    2 weeks is not a long time at all. But, honestly I love these breaks. They give me time to hoard crystals and farm toons i actually want to farm

Yeah, man.
    I'm actually pretty glad we don't have another event coming up this month - we need a little break to enjoy the toons we have been working on these past few weeks.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    This has allowed me time to maximize CLS and hoard nearly 9M in credits.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »

Yeah, man.
    I'm actually pretty glad we don't have another event coming up this month - we need a little break to enjoy the toons we have been working on these past few weeks.

I get that, and I've almost maxed CLS and OB. I'm working on the Hoth soldiers now for TB. But like the info that told us we'll need Leia, FB Luke, StHan, OB, and R2, we need something like that for TB! That kicked most players into overdrive with the incentive to focus and farm. I feel like we're aimlessly hoping and guessing without direction. It's ok, I suppose, but panic farming Old Ben was some of the most fun I've had in this game. Double drops would be nice. Info on TB would be nice. Just keep the ball rolling. When one event ends (CLS) news about what's next should be dropping immediately to refocus the player base.
  • Atlas1 wrote: »

Yeah, man.

I get that, and I've almost maxed CLS and OB. I'm working on the Hoth soldiers now for TB. But like the info that told us we'll need Leia, FB Luke, StHan, OB, and R2, we need something like that for TB! That kicked most players into overdrive with the incentive to focus and farm. I feel like we're aimlessly hoping and guessing without direction. It's ok, I suppose, but panic farming Old Ben was some of the most fun I've had in this game. Double drops would be nice. Info on TB would be nice. Just keep the ball rolling. When one event ends (CLS) news about what's next should be dropping immediately to refocus the player base.

I understand why you feel that way; however, we can't ask too much. Territory battles are coming, probably soon. We just need to be patient and wait for the next thing. They can't constantly add new things; that's overwhelming and takes away from other areas they can improve (I.e. Reworks, glitches, QoL, etc.).

The CLS event was great, and I think for once we are all in unanimous agreement.

Have you not read the forums the past two weeks? In some threads people are throwing furniture.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Atlas1 wrote: »

Have you not read the forums the past two weeks? In some threads people are throwing furniture.

Those threads are all ridiculous, petty whining. People with half a brain thoroughly enjoyed the event.

On a parallel note, I missed out on Thrawn, but it incentivized me to 7* Phoenix Squadron. Hopefully CLS does the same. We have no idea when it may return, so do you focus on Leia. StHan etc? Or start preparing for the next event, presumably TB? Some info here makes a big and very helpful difference.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    If you're bored, you could always start farming and gearing heroes for TB. It'd be nice if more details dropped in the meantime, but it's pretty clear that anyone hoth-related should be on your hitlist for farming and gearing. I find it nice to have some downtime to prep for that and gear CLS.
    The event was good, but over in a blink in comparison to the weeks I spent farming Luke and OB. My only suggestion would be to incorporate repeating tiers after the unlock which drop gear and mats needed for the hero, even if it's just a randomly selected tier from the previous 7. Perhaps 5/day, and you can only do them once you've unlocked CLS.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • I want the event to return ASAP.....seeing I will get cls unlocked if said event ran like 3to4 days longer even 3 days I would have gotten him

Yeah, man.

Well, ETA on things is always nice, sure, but I personally would be very glad if TB only debuted in September, for example.
    I have 7 toons at 6* max shards, that I cant bring to 7* because of credits. Which is the same reason why I cant level up my brand new GK or CSL. And this feeling sucks, a lot.
  • I like the lull, im building resources for TB, got 43 mil saved in case certain toons need to be leveled and trying to get some spare gear built up.
  • Like you said we just had a fantastic event and new game modes are coming!! just enjoy the peace and quiet for a bit!

giphy.gif
  • Well my wife is certainly happy the CLS binge farm is over, I think she was about to smash my phone with a hammer :D:D:o:#
  • Well my wife is certainly happy the CLS binge farm is over, I think she was about to smash my phone with a hammer :D:D:o:#

Lol, I know that look
  • Like you said we just had a fantastic event and new game modes are coming!! just enjoy the peace and quiet for a bit!

giphy.gif

For reals though, I'm trying to get those freaking stun cuffs to get through gear 9 lol. I have all his gear needed for gear 10 but I just need to get through the stun cuffs wall.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    No need to be greedy, developers don't have magic wands.

I'm pretty bummed though, because as I look at the August calendar, the next two weeks look stale. This content was a great new start that pulled this day 1 player back in. From farming Old Ben in record time, to the strategy of the new event, I was engrossed for a solid two-three weeks.

But now I'm starting to feel a little bored again. I probably will feel that way for at least the next 2 weeks or so since TB won't drop until September. Just don't wait too wait too long between releasing new and exciting content to keep us busy, excited and engaged. :)

What strategy? Gear toons, fit them with happy decent mods, spam basic. The event was ridiculously easy. The hardest part was making sure you had all the characters required.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    The ball is rolling friend. You've got a small amount of time to get all of your toons to lvl 53 g7.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    The meta is already changing faster than I'd like. To keep up it takes actual money since no one can possibly farm enough gear, shards, etc. to keep up with every new OP power creeper as well as the toons needed to get it before the next one rears its head.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    The meta is already changing faster than I'd like. To keep up it takes actual money since no one can possibly farm enough gear, shards, etc. to keep up with every new OP power creeper as well as the toons needed to get it before the next one rears its head.

This is really how it's been for any game since the beginning of p2p games. You pay for the advantage. Then if the app is any good, the f2p can slowly catch up, enjoy the advantage for a short time before the meta changes again.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    LeoRavus wrote: »

(Ftp here) Ive been using zmaul ever since he was meta. Its been difficult to break through the top 100 the last few months due to rex, but now that cls lead is taking over, zmaul is back in the running
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Ender22 wrote: »
    The ball is rolling friend. You've got a small amount of time to get all of your toons to lvl 53 g7.
    Is this an actual thing? Where did you get level 53 G7 from? Not saying you're wrong, just asking if this is actually where we need our rosters to be.
  • The event was really cool but now I've done it.... Certainly not worth the wait if they release an event like that every 2 years with no ability to replay
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Olga wrote: »
    Ender22 wrote: »
    Is this an actual thing? Where did you get level 53 G7 from? Not saying you're wrong, just asking if this is actually where we need our rosters to be.

Well, an actual thing for sure is that this event will be based upon your guilds overall power. Maps open accordingly and thus rewards as well.

Based on information done by others, you'll get the most increase in power (bang for your buck), by getting your toons to T7 (easiest to do) and lvl 53 (cheapest per power)
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Ah okay, I get what you mean. Yeah I was planning on training all my level one characters up to about 60 and putting some gear on them all anyway. Thanks for clarifying.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I really enjoyed the event and am happy to have Commander Luke at T11 already. However, I am very frustrated with how much it feels like Dark Side is being stomped on right now.

*Most Legendary events require light side characters. Palpatine is useless at high end of arena for being too squishy, and so much tenacity up and cleanses nullifying his effectiveness. Also, the only legendary character with no zetas. The rest have at least 2.
    *R2 got special treatment with his event coming back early. What about Thrawn? I get that it was for Commander Luke, but still another blow to dark side.
    *Flash events were all light-side.
    *AT/ST event was a lot of fun, but only for Ewoks, light-side.
    *Only Dark side characters in the top end of arena in my shard is Thrawn, and Nihilis. Both are used in light-side teams. An occasional Kylo Ren shows up as well, also in lightside teams. The 3 remaining holdouts including me in the top 20 switched to light-side (one is an empire/rebel hybrid now) after Commander Luke was released since Dark Side are not competitive anymore.
    *Top damage teams in HAAT are clones, rebels, and Resistance. Basically screw you dark-side, unless you have a 7* Thrawn (Few people do). Commander Luke just showed he makes the light-side even more powerful in this raid. So, of course dark-side users in my guild are not taking any of the top reward spots, except for one cause he has a 7* Thrawn.
    *ALL guild event character rewards are light-side, yes, ALL. Kenobi, Han Solo (Rework has made him competitive again), and a variety from the new light-side territory battles are all more lightside.
    *Top Rancor team used to be Vader, till the fix (Understandable it was fixed), but now the easiest means to solo is light-side, which used to be on par with dark in this raid, but now a lot easier. Commander Luke, and Jynn are the best characters for this raid, both rebels, which is the faction the game has always been heavily bias towards (at least since I began a year ago). Thrawn is very good too, but as said few people 7* him due to the difficulty of obtaining him.
    *The Territory battles are only for light-side characters with dark side not being allowed for any of the battles. Dark side characters can only be used to count towards galactic power of deployment (The dev explanation in the youtube video said this). Dark side users in my guild are very unhappy about this.

Please, make dark-side competitive again.
  • I think ypu are forgetting Kenobi Sink in P1, Zader in P2, Palpatie, Zader and IGM in P3 and Zader in P4.
    Zader can still solo Rancor with full dark side team.
    And in Arena we are seeing mostly hybrid teams.
  • Moved to the appropriate sub forum. Feedback>Events
  • @Atlas1

Those threads are all ridiculous, petty whining. People with half a brain thoroughly enjoyed the event.

So... the people who are missing half a brain are the ones who thoroughly enjoyed the event? Because you enjoyed it and don't seem to understand the meaning of a common word like "unanimous".

Maybe, just maybe, people with glass vocabularies shouldn't throw big words. Either that, or we could all agree to treat people with differing opinions with respect and not start calling names because you're reminded that not everyone thinks exactly like you do.

Either way seems like it has the possibility of working well.
  • Devs are too coy about event requirements. It is better to be transparent and direct so we will know what to farm in advance. Those who got CLS are whales who can spend crystals to get all 5 required toons, long time players who has all the required toons from normal play, forum/reddit browsing people who can decipher all of the cryptic dev pronouncements, and just those lucky to have farmed all 5. So whether you can get ahead in this game is dependent on money, luck and forum/reddit browsing. The new TB seems a step in the right direction as the required toons are stated in a clearer manner.