GW Shipments

I have all the characters and ships in GW shipments to 7* and I am sitting on about 50K in tokens. Should I be converting some of them for shard shop? I would assume it is best to hold onto 26.4K in tokens because that is how many it takes to take a character to 7* if a new one shows up.

I really wish they would add gear, omegas, or credits to the GW shipments.

Replies

• crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    I feel like you answered your own question.
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    Now if they would only update the stale shard shop....
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    First off you only need to keep 1/4 of what it costs for a toon. The shop refreshes 4 times a day, and if you do GW daily you get enough to buy a toon 3 times out of 4. So to farm a new toon as quickly as possible all you need to have saved is 6,600.

However I wouldn't blow through it all to turn into shard shop currency because you can do that in 2 days. Yes, if you have every toon and ship at 7*, then you can buy 6 rows of 3 at 400 a pop. That's 7,200 currency you can convert 4 times a day without spending crystals to refresh. 50,000 won't take long to convert doing 28,800 per day. And I've never seen a toon fly through the shard shop in less than 2 days.

In conclusion... just sit on it. It's not hurting anything where it is. It can rapidly be converted for the shard shop if need be. But you can't un-spend it once it's done. And you never know when some new feature, or use for it might come along.
  • I wish they would just change out some of the toons shards in GW with another
  • Stevesaint74
    898 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Gw store should have 1200 Gw tokens for 50 crystals.. not great.. but enough to reward you a little for completing it daily.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    bumped to a better sub forum
  • There are a few changes that I would like to see in GW shipments like Omega, Credits, crystals, gear, or anything that you can buy outside of just shards. Its just as you get to higher level the GW shipments is the first to be exhausted leaving you with very little use of the currency.

I would most likely want gear and would be glad pay 6k in GW currency to buy 5 stun guns or cuffs.
  • LRMoser wrote: »
    I have all the characters and ships in GW shipments to 7* and I am sitting on about 50K in tokens. Should I be converting some of them for shard shop? I would assume it is best to hold onto 26.4K in tokens because that is how many it takes to take a character to 7* if a new one shows up.

I really wish they would add gear, omegas, or credits to the GW shipments.
    I'm not in your situation, but that makes sense.

I personally wouldn't convert them for shard shop.

They recently added more Gear to regular shipments, so it's possible they might add Gear to GW Store. It's the only place that doesn't have any, not counting Mod Store obviously.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Wery lucky you, for myself to have gw all chars/ships at 7*, that will need way over 100 000 tokens.
    So very lucky you.
    And that will take forever, since i cant finish gw at all hor over 3 months in row.