9 arena battles... Poe worthless in every battle.

He had one job...take hits and tank with high resist.
His New job is benchmarked.
You ruined this toon.

Replies

• Options
    really. He is still top tier speed with turn meter reduction how did it get ruined?
  • Options
    Michajam wrote: »
    really. He is still top tier speed with turn meter reduction how did it get ruined?

this
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yeah I agree his role is much more limited. He can maybe take the 5th spot on my team, but there are better options imo. Overall the change to the meta is good, but they didn't need to nerf Poe for this to happen. Speed and Leadership changes were enough to create a new meta
  • ThewhiteonE
    658 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Enough !
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • Options
    He was the best viable option that let lots of small spenders and ftp compete. There is no tank option to survive in the top 25, anymore. Welcome your new qui gon Jedi overlords with a side of leia and gs.
  • Options
    Noktarn wrote: »
    He was the best viable option that let lots of small spenders and ftp compete. There is no tank option to survive in the top 25, anymore. Welcome your new qui gon Jedi overlords with a side of leia and gs.

*cough******cough* I'm in the top 20 every single day... I'm level 61, F2P & could kill Poe teams without spending money to do so... Why? Because I listen to what people say & use different strategies to make the best of my F2P lifestyle. You, as with all the other monkies trolling the forums, parrot everything you see/hear in hope someone will magically make things better. Skill makes things better, not complaining because you have to now think outside the box.

Just by the way my ign is WhiteRa, I'm currently sitting on spot #28 in arena.
  • Options
    He had one job...take hits and tank with high resist.
    His New job is benchmarked.
    You ruined this toon.

um no. plenty of people are top 20, top 10 with or without poe as a f2p. i still try to avoid his team since he provides so much, soaking up damage, defense down on hits, expose, turn meter reduction. tell me who else besides yoda that can do so much.

no one
  • Options
    If all your squad survives when it's your Poe's turn, he forces a kill target on your Opponent with taunt. His turn meter reduction then equals out the speed deference for your second turn, thus putting you at an advantage. You get to choose your kill target, your opponent is forced to kill Poe. Granted your squad needs to survive, thus time to make some new comps. Ones with moderate to high life, to survive the burst and good enough damage that will net you, at the very least one kill on your first turn.
  • Options
    Poe has been nerfed pretty badly. They said they were going to take it slow and that was a lie. He got hit pretty hard. He is still a good toon, but I would no longer say he is meta. His nerfs

Expose lowed. Lucky to do 2 toons now
    His speed lowed. This main part I don't like. I think ALL tanks with taunt should be among the fastest in game
    He no longer heals.
    And the one thing that needed to happen. Turn meter reduction resistable. This is his biggest nerf, and the one that needed to happen

I know there are others, health, dmg, ect, but this is the main ones that effected him.

It is to earily to say, but it does look like jedi arena. Everyone been talking about how they wanted jedi buffed, well they got it, and in a big way.

Qgj
    Anakin
    Yoda
    Rey
    Lumi/GS/old Ben

I see that being the main team now.
  • Options
    Breetai wrote: »
    Poe has been nerfed pretty badly. They said they were going to take it slow and that was a lie. He got hit pretty hard. He is still a good toon, but I would no longer say he is meta. His nerfs

Expose lowed. Lucky to do 2 toons now
    His speed lowed. This main part I don't like. I think ALL tanks with taunt should be among the fastest in game
    He no longer heals.
    And the one thing that needed to happen. Turn meter reduction resistable. This is his biggest nerf, and the one that needed to happen

I know there are others, health, dmg, ect, but this is the main ones that effected him.

It is to earily to say, but it does look like jedi arena. Everyone been talking about how they wanted jedi buffed, well they got it, and in a big way.

Qgj
    Anakin
    Yoda
    Rey
    Lumi/GS/old Ben

I see that being the main team now.

Anakin seems pretty bad and Yoda is TBD. I've heard from most players that he's pretty bad in a PVP setting. QGJ is the new king tho. I bet we will see a return of Dooku
  • Options
    LOL... how the check is he supposed to tank and soak damage if he goes 3rd or 4th....

E@broke him.
  • Options
    Yeah they F'd him up. Lowered health, tenacity, expose, speed, & now his turn meter even resisted.
  • comandaben
    112 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    That's why i banked on Stormtrooper Han being a better long term choice, especially now that speed buffs work in arena he is actually quite viable in a Rebel team led by Admiral Ackbar.

Like all games, there is a meta but no "one" way to always win, build characters who synergise well and you will win matches and have fun guys.

Seriously, i've been on many forums and played manyf RPG's (regular and now mobile) and this game has a lot of potential!

Read around and you'll see that both F2P and P2P players have ways around the meta so to speak and the game is still so young, bring out the pitchforks and complain if it becomes unplayable for F2P in a few months and there's no character variety.... because i don't see that so far =P
  • Options
    l3end3r wrote: »

Anakin seems pretty bad and Yoda is TBD. I've heard from most players that he's pretty bad in a PVP setting. QGJ is the new king tho. I bet we will see a return of Dooku

Yoda is good on offense against teams that use buffs.... He is not very good on defense as anyone attacking him all they need to do is avoid using big buffs... On defense he kinda needs to be leader and the attacker uses a lot of debuffs otherwise he is a wasted slot...

He allows much more strategy due to his skill set.. he doesn't do a lot of damage nor does he take a lot... but he certainly fits into the support role very well...

If anything I have seen a lot of the people in my top 20 arena either replace their Poe with Old Daka or Stormtrooper Han for the same sort of effect... And they actually work quite well...

In fact with the meta changes.. I found that I find myself returning to the two healer setup... and it's returned me to getting 5/5 wins over the 1or2 out of 5 wins the past few days after the arena and Poe changes.

It does mean I'm more vulnerable to losing rank... but it also means it's easier for me to climb ranks... slower but easier.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    It almost feels at moment you'll wonder what the meta is when you wake up daily. Fair enough in a young game things get switched, balanced, (sometimes nerf need, used sparingly ofc) but we aren't getting much if any actual notice of changes that seem to majorly impact our game play.

Finding out things getting changed because players noticed it rather than a dev patch note stating X and Y getting changed. A lot of us pay to play this and directly influences our character and equipment farming strategies.

• Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Poe you suck brah!

I battled the one on teh right.
    geL9eEb.jpg
    6IXxQCb.jpg
    9jCrbkw.jpg
    Ym3sIj1.jpg
    10 minutes ago....
  • Options
    without poe and 4v5, you should still win that every time.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    LOL... how the check is he supposed to tank and soak damage if he goes 3rd or 4th....

E@broke him.
    it's so silly to say Poe's speed got nerfed. He lost 1 speed. That 1 speed wouldn't make a significant difference with how speed is now calculated. The speed mechanic was changed for all characters. If you need a tank to soak damage, Poe is still the fastest tank with taunt available.

• Options
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    without poe and 4v5, you should still win that every time.

@Ello_Asty , it is highly dependent on Phasma assists with a Poggle buff. I disagree.
  • Options
    That one speed is the difference between them attacking you 2 or three times with Poe taking the hits or not. I totally disagree on his speed and everything else nerf. They did it for money...period. Greed and money. I want all my resources back so that I can invest in a valid non pos character.
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options
    l3end3r wrote: »
    Yeah I agree his role is much more limited. He can maybe take the 5th spot on my team, but there are better options imo. Overall the change to the meta is good, but they didn't need to nerf Poe for this to happen. Speed and Leadership changes were enough to create a new meta
    Noktarn wrote: »

*cough******cough* I'm in the top 20 every single day... I'm level 61, F2P & could kill Poe teams without spending money to do so... Why? Because I listen to what people say & use different strategies to make the best of my F2P lifestyle. You, as with all the other monkies trolling the forums, parrot everything you see/hear in hope someone will magically make things better. Skill makes things better, not complaining because you have to now think outside the box.

Just by the way my ign is WhiteRa, I'm currently sitting on spot #28 in arena.

I would beat you but cat stoop that low (4th) pun intended lol

• Options
    JoshG wrote: »

this

Poe useless. Tou may not have a better replacement but his turn meter means nothing. The 17 chars that can go before him reset their time meter just before Pau taunts, and from there they will hit all again before Poe gets a second turn (and any of those Allies after Poe). Poe only useful if you have an enemy with slow chars competing with your own slow chars. Ie. Usefull if you and the enemy don't have a good team.

• Options

this

Poe useless. Tou may not have a better replacement but his turn meter means nothing. The 17 chars that can go before him reset their time meter just before Pau taunts, and from there they will hit all again before Poe gets a second turn (and any of those Allies after Poe). Poe only useful if you have an enemy with slow chars competing with your own slow chars. Ie. Usefull if you and the enemy don't have a good team.

Very incorrect I finish top 5 daily on one of the oldest shards and still use my 5* Poe. Just gotta know how to play. The people struggling used him as a shield and a crutch to play lazy and unwise. I destryed the new Jedi Meta teams, I took out the POE DPS teams before. Stop crying and get some strategy.

I killed a QGJ
    Yoda
    Secura
    Ben
    Lumi all max 70 team today

I beat a QGJ
    Yoda
    Sid
    Dooku
    Lumi

That was tougher given great speed, but Poe was a big help

I beat the Phasma assist teams with or without Poe

Strategy people. If one character loosing some ability and some others getting a bit better make you unable to still kick butt, sorry but you did not belong in the top level to begin with. Stop the crying and whining though you sound like babies who lost their bottle for crying out loud. Waaaa my Poe does not go first anymore. Waaa QGJ speed leader worsks right away as it should have always and does in every other game mode but PVP until the fixed it.

Sorry to be a bit aggressive in this post but I'm tired of seeing complain after complain. Poe is still a very good arena character. If you can't see that, move on to another one, there was life before the almighty Poe entered our lives.

Again not meaning to attack or be confrontational but enough is enough.
  • Options

this

Very incorrect I finish top 5 daily on one of the oldest shards and still use my 5* Poe. Just gotta know how to play. The people struggling used him as a shield and a crutch to play lazy and unwise. I destryed the new Jedi Meta teams, I took out the POE DPS teams before. Stop crying and get some strategy.

I killed a QGJ
    Yoda
    Secura
    Ben
    Lumi all max 70 team today

I beat a QGJ
    Yoda
    Sid
    Dooku
    Lumi

That was tougher given great speed, but Poe was a big help

I beat the Phasma assist teams with or without Poe

Strategy people. If one character loosing some ability and some others getting a bit better make you unable to still kick butt, sorry but you did not belong in the top level to begin with. Stop the crying and whining though you sound like babies who lost their bottle for crying out loud. Waaaa my Poe does not go first anymore. Waaa QGJ speed leader worsks right away as it should have always and does in every other game mode but PVP until the fixed it.

Sorry to be a bit aggressive in this post but I'm tired of seeing complain after complain. Poe is still a very good arena character. If you can't see that, move on to another one, there was life before the almighty Poe entered our lives.

Again not meaning to attack or be confrontational but enough is enough.

Vid or it didn't happen. 5* Poe huh. I bet if you invested to SEVEN* you would be singing a Beyonce toon :)