Obi Wan movie is official

DatBoi
3615 posts Member
edited August 2017
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-film-planned-director-talks-1030505

There's no script and ewan mcgregor is not (yet) attached to the project, but they've chosen a director and its definitely happening.

And no, this hadn't been confirmed until now. Everything up until now was speculation and rumors

5GaKIgp.gif

Replies

• crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    It says they're in early talks, not that the director is for sure.

Still cool though!
  • Thank you so much, I didn't know about it till now! I wouldn't have known if it wasn't for you. Fingers crossed for Evan
  • Personally, I'd rather see Steve Carell as Obi-wan
  • Meh... Kenobi's life is covered more then any other character in cannon not named Anakin. If they go with McGregor I'm gonna be SO ****. Anything post Ep3 is just him hanging in a cave in a desert, spying on a child for 20 years.

The only way they could get me excited for it is if go with young QGJ, him as a Padawan and Satine on Mandalore. That would involve the Mandalorian Civil War and be bonkers, but seems like it would be more of a Satine Kryze/Mandalore movie then a Kenobi movie.

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Darth wrote: »
    The movie won't matter at all if they don't hire Ewan Mcgregor!! If they hire someone else for Obi-Wan the movie will be dead

Ewan was interviewed and blatantly said he was game for returning to the Kenobi role, if a Kenobi movie was ever on the table. I don't know why he wouldn't land the role.
  • Boo wrote: »
    Darth wrote: »
    The movie won't matter at all if they don't hire Ewan Mcgregor!! If they hire someone else for Obi-Wan the movie will be dead

Ewan was interviewed and blatantly said he was game for returning to the Kenobi role, if a Kenobi movie was ever on the table. I don't know why he wouldn't land the role.

Only because of age, if the story calls for a really young Obi-Wan. Hopefully not little orphan Annie young though.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Meh... Kenobi's life is covered more then any other character in cannon not named Anakin. If they go with McGregor I'm gonna be SO ****. Anything post Ep3 is just him hanging in a cave in a desert, spying on a child for 20 years.

The only way they could get me excited for it is if go with young QGJ, him as a Padawan and Satine on Mandalore. That would involve the Mandalorian Civil War and be bonkers, but seems like it would be more of a Satine Kryze/Mandalore movie then a Kenobi movie.

I agree, McGregor was nonexistent after episode 3.