Territory Battle Functionality/Theorycrafting [merged]

Prev13
Aarcher
138 posts Member
edited August 2017
(Did this on reddit last week - bored at work so thought I'd throw it out to the community)

Taking a stab at how Territory Battles might work. Curious what other ideas are out there. I know, know its all pointless guess work... but then why are you reading this thread then? Link to TB Screenshot

Timing/Phases
  • Given we know that guild could theoretically get up to 50 leia shards from one battle sequence, I'm guessing that these are not going to be close to daily. Screen shot looks like 6 phases - so probably a week for each battle holo table, with daily progressing from each phase to the next. With one day off?
  • Very curious if these will come on set schedule (unlikely) or if it will be like raids where we have to build up currency and launch an appropriate 'level' territory battle that is more/less challenging
  • Guessing each column of map segments is a phase, and the timing of the battle will advance to each phase regardless of how much 'progress' you've made. (ie the screen shows what would be phase two only got 2* for each map segment)

Units
  • Not much to go on other than each person looks to be limited to 150 total #hedidthemath
  • Curious if the phases will be divided into types of units (phase 1,3,4,6 use characters and phase 2,5 use ships) or if each phase you have to decide to spend your attack with ships or toons. Hoping the later. {one reply from reddit suggested the map shows Tie Fighters in the corner - maybe ships only in that phase}
  • Likely that it will function like GW - start of the battle gets full roster and they go as far as they can with protection/health available. If so that will make regenerating teams/leaders even more valuable. Could be sort of 'tourney style' entrance fee for characters to participate - free first entry, and pay some currency to use them again.

Rewards
  • Difficulty, number of stars earned each phase, number of 'special missions' completed all likely factor into guild score and rewards. We know shards will be evenly distributed, but the new store currency will not. Gotta have some incentive to do max missions each segment.
  • Strange radio silence about ship upgrades, but I gotta think that the vacant upgrade slot and the possibility to upgrade capital ships to 7* is tied in
  • Really hoping Zeta mats will also be available in the new store. I love the idea that we have to choose between hermit yoda shards and g12 items.
  • Star awards for each map segment - is this going to be based on number of successful completions from the guild (ie need 40 successes for 3star) or just how many star ranking points were accumulated? (ie guild needs 100 total stars to collect a 3star rating for the territory, so combine the various star ratings achieved from each participant)
942-122-371
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Saw it in a @Mcmole stream so props to him

We have the hoth territory battle coming with Hoth Leia being the end prize and hoth Han being involved somehow as well, so what about a geonosis territory battle for the next one? Preferably wth Jango Fett as the end prize?
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I'd prefer to see how the Hoth territory battles work before trying to figure out where we go next.
  • No, Jango doesn't work he's not a rebel
  • I'd like:
    Geonosis
    Endor
    Scariff

I think the TB idea is fun, even though we haven't seen it. And it could easily be expanded upon.
  • How do we know territories wont stay hoth the whole time? Plus jango can be a geonosis raid reward or something rather the territories
  • Kissycat wrote: »
    I'd like:
    Geonosis
    Endor
    Scariff

I think the TB idea is fun, even though we haven't seen it. And it could easily be expanded upon.

Yes please...

We have the hoth territory battle coming with Hoth Leia being the end prize and hoth Han being involved somehow as well, so what about a geonosis territory battle for the next one? Preferably wth Jango Fett as the end prize?

Next one, when? raid start in 2016, this year we will have TB. My best guess, the new mode after TB will out around end of 2018 :flushed:
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    How do we know territories wont stay hoth the whole time? Plus jango can be a geonosis raid reward or something rather the territories
    Same reason raids didn't stay Rancor whole time =P

Anyway, I practically guaranteethere'll be a Naboo battle. They can add Naboo ships, Panaka, but most importantly Padme.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »
    How do we know territories wont stay hoth the whole time? Plus jango can be a geonosis raid reward or something rather the territories
    Same reason raids didn't stay Rancor whole time =P

Anyway, I practically guaranteethere'll be a Naboo battle. They can add Naboo ships, Panaka, but most importantly Padme.

I would guarantee Endor or Geonosis before even thinking about naboo....
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Saw it in a @Mcmole stream so props to him

Next one, when? raid start in 2016, this year we will have TB. My best guess, the new mode after TB will out around end of 2018 :flushed:

My man Jango is worth waiting for, I'll stick around till 2018 to get him for sure
  • Umbara with general pong krell as the end reward!

Who is this jango kitten?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Kissycat wrote: »
    I'd like:
    Geonosis
    Endor
    Scariff

Add Kashyyyk to that list. We need more Wookies.
  • Geonosis with Shaak Ti as the end prize.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Geonosis with Shaak Ti as the end prize.

Well with Hoth we're getting 3 different new toons so you could potentially have 2 jedi and jango.
  • No, Jango doesn't work he's not a rebel
    Lol. He's right, every new character has to be a rebel

My man Jango is worth waiting for, I'll stick around till 2018 to get him for sure

I like ur spirit mate!! Keep rolling!! :smiley:
    Btw, i wish that Jango have spin off movie like Lando :kiss:
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    evanbio wrote: »
    I'd prefer to see how the Hoth territory battles work before trying to figure out where we go next.

Agreed. One step at a time.
  • fotrovina wrote: »
    I'd like:
    Geonosis
    Endor
    Scariff

Yes please...

MALACHOR V

revan
    kreia
    others
    RacerDejak wrote: »

I like ur spirit mate!! Keep rolling!! :smiley:
    Btw, i wish that Jango have spin off movie like Lando :kiss:

I wouldn't mind seeing a movie about Jango lol an hour or two of bounty hunting and bada$$ary sounds pretty good to me :D
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    I think it's implied more TBs will come, and there's a possible looming Separatist pass.

But honestly, before a second TB, they need ls/ds ship battles and ship hardware. Ships have been out 9 months and it's still just arena.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    I think it's implied more TBs will come, and there's a possible looming Separatist pass.

But honestly, before a second TB, they need ls/ds ship battles and ship hardware. Ships have been out 9 months and it's still just arena.

True, I agree I just forgot completely about the hardware since it's been "coming soon" for so long
  • Damba_Ba wrote: »
    Umbara with general pong krell as the end reward!
    I'm not convinced you didn't make up half the words in that sentence :P
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Damba_Ba wrote: »
    It's from the Clone Wars tv series. It was a 4 episode battle, it was quite a good one. In fact depending on how many TB they want to do a lot of good battles in that series.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Damba_Ba wrote: »

Pong Krell was... super strong. 4 arms and the thickest blades for a saber I've ever seen. Good foresight and powerful force abilities. He was like a Griveous for Jedi, but with the force. Definitely add Teardrop, Waxer, and I forgot the one with the V tattoo on his face but get him in too. Maybe umbareen soldier with his ship. NicWester the ship that 5s has is an Umbareen ship from the local soldiers stolen from their base.
  • Damba_Ba wrote: »

That would be DOPE!!!!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    The scuttlebutt says Dathomir will be next.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    Let's play out Zahn's Thrawn trilogy. I know it isn't canon anymore but neither are these fights between geonosian and wookies, or the battle 5 minutes ago where Han and Kylo teamed up to kill Leia.

Joruus Cboath could be the prize on the dark side....a mentally unstable clone sith lord. Honestly he is perfect because the AI would at least make sense for his character.
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Why do people want Jango that bad? He did next to nothing besides dying to Mace and giving his DNA.
  • Alle
    27 posts Member
    fotrovina wrote: »
    I'd like:
    Geonosis
    Endor
    Scariff

Yes please...

MALACHOR V

revan
    kreia
    others

Yes pleeeeaaaaaassssssse ;)
This discussion has been closed.