Territory Battle Functionality/Theorycrafting [merged]

13Next

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    not even sure we're going to need a selfsustaining team though
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Acrofales wrote: »
    phoenix and thrawn troopers are probably the two strongest. zjyn rebels are okayish. CLS alone is of course amazing. Could probably run a CLS, Zylo, Zavage, Boba (Z optional), Zid team where each individual is capable of keeping himself alive (Zid the weakest link there).

You say phoenix and thrawn the two strongest yet when i tried to use my phoenix in the arena i dropped a lot of places.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Will010688 wrote: »
    Acrofales wrote: »
    phoenix and thrawn troopers are probably the two strongest. zjyn rebels are okayish. CLS alone is of course amazing. Could probably run a CLS, Zylo, Zavage, Boba (Z optional), Zid team where each individual is capable of keeping himself alive (Zid the weakest link there).

You say phoenix and thrawn the two strongest yet when i tried to use my phoenix in the arena i dropped a lot of places.

in arena sustainability isn't something that's goig to help you win battles.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I guess but i thought with there protection gain and some of the damage they can do that they eould hold my place on defence
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Ewoks look like they are pretty good too?
  • Resistance. As usual enemies won't even play.
  • Phoenix, yes
    Thrawn, yes

Resistance? No
  • Zeta Boba is amazingly hard to whittle down, especially facing hoards of grunts.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Certainly building good teams is a good strategy for TB.
    However we don't really know how multiple battles will be managed yet. It could be that you can reuse all survivors (like GW), or it might be that you use up an attempt for the entire squad and need to refresh (like the ill-fated Tournaments). Or it could be that the squad is left behind to secure that point, forever taking them out of the battle (more like a raid without escapes).
    My theory is that as you progress across the map, the requirements for heroes goes up. So you might only need a 1* hero for the leftmost areas, whereas 7* is required for the rightmost. Either way, hero management is likely to be a major component of TBs.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • CUP
    Do or do not...
  • pTVcqPN.png

Was Lando fighting in the battle of hoth ? What is he doing here ?
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I'm very excited about the territory battle next update.
    1. The most annoying thing about raid are the schedule and the very small timeframe we have to participate. I hope that territory battle doesn't matter of what your guildmate are doing. If you have 1 or 2 days to do something, then you can complete at anytime in that two days because each territory is different from each player even if rewards are share and equal across the guild.
    2. We really need something to measure the participation in territory battle. With raid, many players just do 0 damage and then let other strong players complete the raid. I hope that territory battle will allow me to know who are completing territory battle and who are not completing/participating into it.
    3. Territory battle will be build that some battle will need g12 toon to complete and to get max rewards. I hope the challenge is a very hard challenge.

Any other wishes ?
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Jefferx wrote: »
    I'm very excited about the territory battle next update.
    1. The most annoying thing about raid are the schedule and the very small timeframe we have to participate. I hope that territory battle doesn't matter of what your guildmate are doing. If you have 1 or 2 days to do something, then you can complete at anytime in that two days because each territory is different from each player even if rewards are share and equal across the guild.
    2. We really need something to measure the participation in territory battle. With raid, many players just do 0 damage and then let other strong players complete the raid. I hope that territory battle will allow me to know who are completing territory battle and who are not completing/participating into it.
    3. Territory battle will be build that some battle will need g12 toon to complete and to get max rewards. I hope the challenge is a very hard challenge.

Any other wishes ?

1. I agree, it sounds like it could be similar to GW but with shared rewards and forked path for battles.
    2. I would guess form what we have heard you will at least know how many guild members completed at battle since each win increases the reward... Agree list of players would be good, though this doesn't seem like something they might have out of the gate.
    3. I would agree only to a point, sure the "final" or best battle reward (hoth leia shards) should have some difficulty. This seems to be focused on roster SIZE not strength, so I will guess difficulty will be more about having a ton of the right toons. The path to the final/best reward might be gated by earlier battles with nightsister or java requirements.

This discussion has been closed.