Price hike post-patch: 20%+

This is clearly a slash and burn pricing adjustment with the patch and will continue until the marketing team at the EA office sees a decline in sales. I am in Canada and original pricing was from January:

Chest: $23 to $28
Crate: $58 to $70
Vault: $115 to $140

And these are PRE-TAX prices.

I'm not sure what kind of data model or sales projection formula was used, but a 20% increase even with the poor performance of the CAN$ makes no sense. Good luck reaching that revenue goal.

There probably was a price adjustment before the January prices, and the logical reason why the revenue numbers went up across the board anyway is mainly due to a growing player population during the same period. This can't possibility be sustainable. This is when you know the server could be going down any time, and the user is reminded that no amounts of resources/time is worth the pixels.

And until the consumers learn their lesson and stop pouring their household entertainment dollars into unsustainable online slots machine, there will always be products like these that take advantage of brand loyalty. Why couldn't this be a console release that includes an actual PvE storyline with meaningful elements? Simple - there's just no revenue in projects like those.

Then again, since EA already has my $150 they don't care. And there I was, ready to buy more just so I can "own" the green spinning ball of death ... :(

Replies

• Options
    Exchange rates ???? Maybe...
  • Options
    Nope - US$ to CAN% currency dip was from about 1.46 to 1.36 during the period of Dec to Feb, which is no where close to 20%
  • JeighKaeNeither
    243 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    ManSolo wrote: »
    This is clearly a slash and burn pricing adjustment with the patch and will continue until the marketing team at the EA office sees a decline in sales. I am in Canada and original pricing was from January:

Chest: $23 to $28
    Crate: $58 to $70
    Vault: $115 to $140

And these are PRE-TAX prices.

I'm not sure what kind of data model or sales projection formula was used, but a 20% increase even with the poor performance of the CAN$ makes no sense. Good luck reaching that revenue goal.

There probably was a price adjustment before the January prices, and the logical reason why the revenue numbers went up across the board anyway is mainly due to a growing player population during the same period. This can't possibility be sustainable. This is when you know the server could be going down any time, and the user is reminded that no amounts of resources/time is worth the pixels.

And until the consumers learn their lesson and stop pouring their household entertainment dollars into unsustainable online slots machine, there will always be products like these that take advantage of brand loyalty. Why couldn't this be a console release that includes an actual PvE storyline with meaningful elements? Simple - there's just no revenue in projects like those.

Then again, since EA already has my $150 they don't care. And there I was, ready to buy more just so I can "own" the green spinning ball of death ... :(

I agree. These people are bandits & this game caters to the most primal urges... Ego, vanity, lights & colors & fishing lures! If they raised the prices, it means they hit their price point... They're earning more than projected so they're raising the prices because we have paid them already. This is star wars Crack.
  • Options
    Yes this is crack.

And some marketing person will include their "achievement" of reaching goal in their resume, go on to another firm and get a promotion in the process.

Brand loyalty, it's real and it's all about the money.
  • Options
    Try living in Australia where we pay a premium for all digital purchases
    Roger roger
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Us prices still the same as the other 40 posts have stated o. This same issue Apple and android updated for your poorly performing looney

Please google to exchange change on Apple

Thanks for playing and do any of you who post this stuff check facts or understand your own country currency or exchange prices????????? And one more ?
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    Don't blame your tanking Canadian monopoly money on EA. All the IAP are based in USD and prices have remained the same since launch.
  • Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    Us prices still the same as the other 40 posts have stated o. This same issue Apple and android updated for your poorly performing looney

Please google to exchange change on Apple

Thanks for playing and do any of you who post this stuff check facts or understand your own country currency or exchange prices????????? And one more ?

Er - if you read the post above, I already stated the currency exchange dip of the CAN$ during the period of Dec to Feb and it's not 20% ...
    Don't blame your tanking Canadian monopoly money on EA. All the IAP are based in USD and prices have remained the same since launch.

Again, the dip is not 20% ...

Apple pricing tier adjustment kicked in 25days ago, previously this took place in Sept 2015. It is possible that the IAP price tables were not updated during the previous SWGOH patch, but shouldn't something like this be included in the patch notes?! (just checked, not mentioned anywhere)

• Options
    UK prices are the same
  • Options
    AU prices also the same