Build a team around C.Luke (l)

OnJouney
309 posts Member
edited August 2017
Hey,
I want to build a new arena team around commander Luke.
Right now I am using Rex, Chaze, Nihilus, Boba.
In before: my guild still do no HAAT, so I don't have Kenobi.
I was thinking about doing a team with: Luke, R2D2 with the lightside cleansing zeta, Leia, Ben, raid Han.
Right now I got of course not enough zeta's to zeta them all and I don't even have them geared right now. But what do you think of that team? Could it hold against the typical arena teams?
Any proposes to build a better team?
In the end I want to zeta Han and some of Lukes abilities.

For those interested: January 2016 shard.
Best

Jokerman

Replies

• Luke (L), zHan Solo, r2, chaze

very strong team and u do not need gear up OB and Leia.
  • My current Arena team, which reached Rank 7 yesterday (for a little bit).

Commander Luke (Zeta on It Binds)
    R2D2 (Double Zeta)
    Leia
    Han Solo (Zeta on Shoots First)
    Old Ben

I still have two Zetas to hand out I just don't know where to put them. Don't wanna make a mistake since I'm on a launch shard and almost everyone around me is a whale while I'm 90% free to play.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Luke (L), zHan Solo, r2, chaze

very strong team and u do not need gear up OB and Leia.

Thanks for your answer.
    I'd wanted to try to go away from chaze to try something new and for princess zody( if my guild will do HAAT eventually... :( ) I'd gear up Leia anyways, so I thought.
    But it seems like a strong team, certainly want to try it! Only Han needs to get ready.
    R2 will need a zeta right?
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    My current Arena team, which reached Rank 7 yesterday (for a little bit).

R2D2 (Double Zeta)
    Leia
    Old Ben

I still have two Zetas to hand out I just don't know where to put them. Don't wanna make a mistake since I'm on a launch shard and almost everyone around me is a whale while I'm 90% free to play.

Better safe then sorry, yep.
    How does it hold on defense? Falling much at night?
  • OnJouney wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

R2D2 (Double Zeta)
    Leia
    Old Ben

The first time I broke into the top 20 (got to 13) I went to sleep and woke up at 19. So not far. Yesterday I think all the whales got mad and decided to destroy me. After I got to 7 in the mid afternoon it seems like they all went after me and knocked me to 21. Lol!

That's why I have to be careful on where I put my last two Zetas. And I still need to get Han to Gear 11. He's one gear node away. But right now, he hits like a truck. If I can just get him to 11 it'll be better for me.

I'm also one node away from maxing out gear on CLS, Old Ben, and R2. Leia is at 11 but it'll be a while before she's max gear.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    OnJouney wrote: »

R2D2 (Double Zeta)
    Leia
    Old Ben

The first time I broke into the top 20 (got to 13) I went to sleep and woke up at 19. So not far. Yesterday I think all the whales got mad and decided to destroy me. After I got to 7 in the mid afternoon it seems like they all went after me and knocked me to 21. Lol!

That's why I have to be careful on where I put my last two Zetas. And I still need to get Han to Gear 11. He's one gear node away. But right now, he hits like a truck. If I can just get him to 11 it'll be better for me.

I'm also one node away from maxing out gear on CLS, Old Ben, and R2. Leia is at 11 but it'll be a while before she's max gear.

Awesome!
    Thanks for your comment :)
  • OnJouney wrote: »
    OnJouney wrote: »

R2D2 (Double Zeta)
    Leia
    Old Ben

Awesome!
    Thanks for your comment :)

For sure.
  • I suppose you don't have Thrawn that for me he is so helpful, now sitting on CLuke, old ben, kenobi, thrawn and nihilus, will change shortly nihilus for Han and kenobi for R2, so you don't need kenobi I say, he's already 8 months old and causes little problems to Luke and thrawn.
    As per zetas, I think you need at least Luke's second unique and his leader, han shoot first, r2 number crunch and the taunt on kenobi, many zetas for a team that I think it will hold top 1 always.
    June 2016 shard and keeping myself at 1 whenever I need my payout ^_^
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Cls (L), R2, Zolo, Cassian and K2SO
  • TofuMao wrote: »
    I suppose you don't have Thrawn that for me he is so helpful, now sitting on CLuke, old ben, kenobi, thrawn and nihilus, will change shortly nihilus for Han and kenobi for R2, so you don't need kenobi I say, he's already 8 months old and causes little problems to Luke and thrawn.
    As per zetas, I think you need at least Luke's second unique and his leader, han shoot first, r2 number crunch and the taunt on kenobi, many zetas for a team that I think it will hold top 1 always.
    June 2016 shard and keeping myself at 1 whenever I need my payout ^_^

Thanks for your comment!
    I got Thrawn at 5 star, not geared at all. Didn't have the phoenix squad ready for more at that point of time.
    Indeed many zeta's.. Will take some time to get everything ready! I hope the new meta doesn't start then already... :smiley:
  • Right now I'm running CLS (L), Fulcrum, Leia, Sth, and R2. Having Fulcrum dish out protection up to my squad as she counterattacks is sweet... I'm still just playing around with some configurations, but so far I really like them paired together.
  • Without GK/ Thrawn, Baze is also a handy candidate instead of Obi Wan against Luke teams. They all invariably run R2 and Baze can help clear up that smoke fast.

Btw, 5 star Thrawn is very much viable under Luke instead of Old Ben.
  • I am also working on an arena team around CLS.
    I don't have GK so I have to build a team without him.

I'm thinking about using CLS (lead) raid han (I can zeta him if I want).....after that I'm not 100% sure what I should do. I'm working on unlocking Baze but his farm is crazy long. I have Leia g11, Thrawn (no zeta) g11, ashoka fulcrum (no zeta) g11, and then random rebels at g10....
  • Sadly i've found Leia way more useful under a Wedge lead (better offense, tons of TM) than Luke's.
    Fulcrum is only useful if you don't have Solo since she's quite poor on the utility side and in the end will hit for less damages than him.

If you can use GK instead of a Chaze you can try it since the more hard hitting rebels you put in your team the deadlier they'll be. Add a Thrawn in and you'll be good. Most people are trying a lot of combinations but i'm pretty sure they'll still end with old metas + Luke (i only wait them to put Nihilus in since GK and Thrawn are already there in most occasions).