Star Wars Galaxy Of Rebels

I know this isn't a new opinion and many will view it as just another whiner who hates the meta. That being said, Rebels are killing this game. I'm all for new content and whatever form that takes and I'm happy we now have a Luke that uses a lightsaber (even though jedi isn't one of his classifications) but reworking a series of characters that have dominated this game and adding another crazy powerful toon to their midst is mind boggling to me when they were already the most diverse class of toons in the game and arguably still the most powerful. Why is there complete disregard for toons like Grievous or entire factions like Separatist and Nightsisters when we seemingly get a new addition or rework of a rebel toon every month? If you believe "Diversity" in this game has never been better tell me the last time you saw droids or nightsisters in the top 100 of arena or if you've ever seen a competent separatist team. If that "Diversity" was really a priority then ALL classes would see improvements as much as the rebels have instead of being on the backburner for months or in some cases (like the nightsisters) years at a time

Replies

• usho1
    363 posts Member
    +++++++++++
  • What we need is a sith toon that grants tm or heals allies when an enemy toon gains a buff on an allies turn.

I.e if an enemy toon gains a buff during your turn(taunt, HOT, etc...) grant all allies that buff and 20%tm if they allready had that buff.

We have several chars that are anti crit, few that are anti-auto buffs... Only blaze and b2 come to mind.
  • You don't like an improvement to Rebels, and you're complaining about it. That's not terrible, or unjustified. You chose to not pursue rebels, and are upset about improvements to them. Kind of 'to be expected', right? I understand that, and I agree there are all sorts of 'toons' that are not getting attention. You're wanting a gaming plan, where all groups have an equal chance of winning. That's a little optimistic, and you'd probably settle for being closer to that goal than what they're doing.

I get the impression they have a business plan where they focus on Dark Side, then Light Side... encouraging us to pursue them all (kind of like the Pokemon motto -- 'Gotta catch 'em all'). If you want Commander Luke Skywalker, gotta have Empire... if you want Thrawn, gotta have Phoenix. There are great 'toons' on each of those two sides... there aren't great 'toons' in every group. You've noticed how the raids are almost demanding different groups to do well?

I think you see intentional disregard... and they're just not focused on what you want as a goal. I'm not sure we 'need' enforced team Diversity... although I too would like a massive Rock-Paper-Scissors kind of thing. What I am seeing is complete diversity... teams made up of all sorts of groups... is that bad? Clones, General Kenobi, and Emperor Palpatine... Are you wanting them to restrict teams to all be in one group? Or are you just wanting every group to have a phenomenal character? (I'm not sure you're going to get them to produce a game where a person only chases 1 group... that would mean a huge drop in income for them).
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Why do so many people care about nightsisters? They're totally inconsequential and im surprised they're in the game at all
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    What we need is a sith toon that grants tm or heals allies when an enemy toon gains a buff on an allies turn.

I.e if an enemy toon gains a buff during your turn(taunt, HOT, etc...) grant all allies that buff and 20%tm if they allready had that buff.

We have several chars that are anti crit, few that are anti-auto buffs... Only blaze and b2 come to mind.

Yeah why not just give the Sith a toon that one-shots somebody no matter what buffs they have?
    Oh wait.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    This plus 10000

I'm happy we got luke as well, but this rebel love has got to stop. The faction has been the most dominant in the game for over years now.

@CG_Kozispoon why do you guys hate empire/darkside so much? Why do you only allow every darkside meta to last a mere weeks compared to rebels going on 9 month meta sprees

I've been playing this game since dec of 15 and rebels have been at the top of right at tip of top almost every single step of the way which no other faction even comes close
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    Why do so many people care about nightsisters? They're totally inconsequential and im surprised they're in the game at all

True, but if ewoks get some love why can't geonosians or nightsisters? Or separatists?

Yeah why not just give the Sith a toon that one-shots somebody no matter what buffs they have?
    Oh wait.

This.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    I may be in a minority here but I'm glad that they reworked the original trilogy characters. I'm and old-fart who has been in love with Star Wars since seeing it on opening weekend (we didn't make opening night) back in 1977.
    To be perfectly honest, I was disappointed on how Luke, Leia, and Old Ben (and to lesser extents, ST Han) functioned in the game after later releases. These are the characters I grew up with and have an affinity with. I love the reworks, except ST Han's zeta - that's pretty useless.

All that being said, I would like to see other factions get some attention. I just don't fault them for going back and fixing the OT characters.

What we need is a sith toon that grants tm or heals allies when an enemy toon gains a buff on an allies turn.

Oh wait.

Amazing so many people figured out how to defeat Nihilus with his massive annihilate cooldown that you didn't. I mean why else would you bring up one ability to justify the shameless cult like love given to Rebels who have so much content and haracters to choose from it baffles me why they keep getting new ones. Why don't they just tell us HOW they want us to play since they seem dead set on forcing us to instead of letting us pick our own favorites and strategies. CLS has so many abilities, you wonder why didn't he have the ability to not kiss his sister?
    ^^^^ could take them out of the game tomorrow and it wouldn't make it worse.

Oh wait.

Amazing so many people figured out how to defeat Nihilus with his massive annihilate cooldown that you didn't. I mean why else would you bring up one ability to justify the shameless cult like love given to Rebels who have so much content and haracters to choose from it baffles me why they keep getting new ones. Why don't they just tell us HOW they want us to play since they seem dead set on forcing us to instead of letting us pick our own favorites and strategies. CLS has so many abilities, you wonder why didn't he have the ability to not kiss his sister?

Yes mate, I've got no idea how to beat Nihilus. Those tactics are reserved only for the godlike players, such as you. Thank you for enlightening me.

This is the problem. They have been so irrelevant for so long that at best it's willful negligence by the devs, and instead of buffing them or adding a toon they choose to add 5 more rebels and rework even more
  • Cehmybro wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »

This is the problem. They have been so irrelevant for so long that at best it's willful negligence by the devs, and instead of buffing them or adding a toon they choose to add 5 more rebels and rework even more

Yep and they do that because the nightsisters are insignificant.
  • Cehmybro wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »

Yep and they do that because the nightsisters are insignificant.

Well Chaze was insignificant as well.....