Surprise! Turn meter reduction now resistable.

Replies

• Options
    By that logic sid has it commin right along with quiggles.
  • Options
    Okay, let's say you're making a game and you have this ability called Tenacity which allows you to "ward off detrimental effects."

And it does that for all detrimental effects...except Turn Meter reduction. You notice that bug/oversight and decide to make the game mechanics consistent and logical, because that's good game design.

The game benefits from consistency (especially for incoming/new players who will be confused by exceptions), it's not an arbitrary or random decision. Although it does technically nerf Poe, it's also disadvantageous for 17 other characters:
    http://www.swgohcantina.com/tag/turn-meter-reduction/

...and advantageous for everyone who doesn't want to lose turn meter, i.e., everyone.

What would tick me off would be the fact that if Poe still had 62% Tenacity he would have stood to benefit from that change the most of anyone in the game, defensively.
  • Options
    Again, this simply confirmed how much he was overpowered .. i still can't uderstand how devs have created "Resistance Bravado": a skill really broken in his mechanic.. This his the nerf he deserved..
  • Options
    meh meh complain so I get freebies.
    Don't fall for it, no compensation needed!
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    ilyanor wrote: »
    i still can't uderstand how devs have created "Resistance Bravado"
    It was created to pump Poe's OP, keep ppl spending on him and finally got overnerfed (not balanced for sure) to force ppl start spending on another char. Of course this scenario will be repeated again and again. Conclusion? ...switch to F2P and njoy the game as it is.
  • Options
    Lol still using Poe so far but once I have other options he might see das boot. But honestly just wish they would stop making tanks useless and hit the DPS a little more especially the ridiculously fast DPS or strengthen the Tanks.
  • Options
    Nutteralex wrote: »
    AdamSky wrote: »
    Nutteralex wrote: »
    O
    AdamSky wrote: »
    The "game balance" is only excuse for marking popular char close to useless. The real reason for nerf (over nerf) is to force us for spending resources on new char. This scenario seems to be repeated again and again.

You're new to this aren't you?

Well yes but this trend is obvious and not fair at all.

Balancing is done so people can have a wide variety of teams and try different combos, not a marketing scheme. It wouldn't be fun playing this game if Poe wasn't touched and everyone was using him would it? Sometime devs overestimate things and new characters end up being extremely powerful. Things need changing.

I knew Poe was overpowered, everyone did. I knew he was going to get nerfed so I held out on starring him.

If someone seem overpowered they probably are and will get a nerf.

Actually, he wasn't just nerfed, he was neutered. His TM was the OP feature in the earlier speed system. Nobody really knows how much OP it would've been in the new speed system. They took away almost everything from him, for beep's sake! Why the health of all things?

Too bad CG is announcing changes on Reddit but hiding it from us here on the official forums. Earlier it was misleading announcements, now it's withholding information.

@EA_Jesse, is this going to be the norm? Change the game all you want, we'll stick around if we can adjust. These kind of shenanigans, though...
  • Options
    The moral of the story:

DIVERSIFY

You never know which toon/mechanic/ability will be nerfed/buffed changed or completely reworked next. As such build a balanced lineup of toons instead of trying to uber-focus on the one or two you think (or everyone else thinks and is complaining about on the forums) is OP now.

Good for whales and dolphins - not so good for f2p or light p2p players.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Good luck doing that. The costs are too high to do that. Leveling and starring up cost way too many credits even discounting the grinding and Chromiums. Not a viable strategy just for survival. Survival should be easy, leading the food chain should be expensive. That's how a game will prosper over time.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The moral of the story:

DIVERSIFY

You never know which toon/mechanic/ability will be nerfed/buffed changed or completely reworked next. As such build a balanced lineup of toons instead of trying to uber-focus on the one or two you think (or everyone else thinks and is complaining about on the forums) is OP now.

The problem was not from a lack of diversification. People read the patch notes and planned accordingly.
  • Options
    People are still missing the point. Everyone knows that balances changes happen in a game, and this is the exact reason why people were holding out for the patch notes.
    It is logical. reddit.com/r/anarcho_capitalism
  • Options
    Making char OP and overnerfing then is not a balance. It's more spend or die force request.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Why does anyone want (or think they deserve) compensation for farming a bandwagon toon that we all knew would get nerf'd???

Lmfao @ all who are upset that they rode the "OP" train and now feel like they are no longer at a significant advantage over those who were smarter.

Sux following the hype only to have the result be as it always is. Why would u have thought different? What made you think they would leave poe flat out single handedly deciding the outcome of most all battles no matter what team he was in?

For the record, poe is still head an shoulders far superior to most toons and still is a game changer. Turn meter manipulation + expose is a deadly combo and hes still plenty fast enough to taunt (which is all it takes and the damage is done).

Poe nerf (which is fully justifiable and prob not even enough of a nerf depending on what the devs consider balance) has got alot of the bandwagon poe users going to extremes in an attempt to get him un-nerf'd and put back on a pedistal FAR above other toons because their teams dont work as good now.

I hope the devs dont cater to this crybaby mess and stand behind their justifiable decisions and stand behind their product. I say kudos to the devs in advance for standing their ground and putting at least a little effort into balance.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The moral of the story:

DIVERSIFY

Exactly. I'm a light p2p and I have no problem with this. I know how it works and so should others. It's not fun to look keep using or looking at Poe. Diversity incoming.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    uqUrDiV.png
  • Options
    Every person who comments on this thread without acknowledging how the patch noes misled people still doesn't get it
  • LukeSkywalker420
    460 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Every person who comments on this thread without acknowledging how the patch noes misled people still doesn't get it

Forget about the fact that they didnt have it in the patch notes. How about they still havent release notes on all the changes apparently. If TM is really now resistable. But whatever at the end of a day this is just a video game. I am sure more changes will be coming.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options

That's the part I definitely get. With turn meter reduction being resisted on also thinking some of his other changes could be a little overkill.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    How about the other toons it affects, not all is about poe
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options

Forget about the fact that they didnt have it in the patch notes. How about they still havent release notes on all the changes apparently. If TM is really now resistable. But whatever at the end of a day this is just a video game. I am sure more changes will be coming.

Yep. Clearly not everything was in the patch notes, which does stink. But if they had just gotten the notes on Poe, which was the most important character to the Meta in the entire game, then people wouldn't have been so misled
  • Options

Yep. Clearly not everything was in the patch notes, which does stink. But if they had just gotten the notes on Poe, which was the most important character to the Meta in the entire game, then people wouldn't have been so misled

Definitely misleading but not surprising due to the massive amount of people begging for every nerf to Poe possible. At the end the enforced every nerf requested. Now tanks are completely useless in Arena.
  • Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    uqUrDiV.png

:D:D:D
  • Options

I just checked and GoH is top 7 grossing. When you change something and INCREASE revenue, and have 4.7 stars rating in the App Store, you don't have much pressure to change anything.

From there your options are clarified: move along, rant, go away, or hire a lawyer. I personally think in the future, there will be provisions...like A Digital Consumer act, which protect credit card owners from abusive fees ir making changes without extensive prior notice. What CG is doing here is retroactively descresing you Saving Account Amount, just because in here you save in "Chars". Now, this is a game. If you stop playing, nothing happens except your lost money and frustration. If CG is challenged in court bu a Whale that has millions to spare...a 0.1% probabily, it could set a precedence for all other FTP games that use virtual currencies acquired with real money. This is probably going to happen during the next decade.

However, as one other person pointed out, brands are long term assets. Every person that becomes a detractor will build sufficient momentum over the long term that you could be destroyed if you don't change. Microsoft is a prime example. They changes as a company in the most incredible image turnaround of the century imho. You got to admire his new CEO.

• Options
    Gurley30 wrote: »
    Wow. Just wow.

Edit: In this thread you're going to find people who say something along the lines of "oh shoulda diversified" or "oh Poe was strong and deserved a nerf". This completely misses the point.

Of course balance changes happen in a PvP game. This is so painfully obvious, but people continue to parrot this platitude as if it is making a relevant point.

In fact, it was the recognition of the fact that balance changes happen which led people to wait until the patch notes were released. t.

The outrage is NOT over whether or not Poe should have been nerfed (people in this thread only focus on this point). In fact, most everyone DOES believe he should have been nerfed.

That outrage is that the patch notes misled people into malinvestment.

Any criticism that does not acknowledge this point is completely moot.

I get what you are saying...everyone else is asking why you're shocked. They can change anything at anytime with no notice lol. It's part of the agreement we made to play their game. The dev's said they were watching him and would be making changes if needed. It was needed and they made changes. Just because they didn't tell you in some incomplete patch notes is really not a good reason for the outrage
  • Options
    All I want is my cantina shipments back or the crystals to buy them back.
  • Options
    Wow. Just wow.

Edit: In this thread you're going to find people who say something along the lines of "oh shoulda diversified" or "oh Poe was strong and deserved a nerf". This completely misses the point.

Of course balance changes happen in a PvP game. This is so painfully obvious, but people continue to parrot this platitude as if it is making a relevant point.

In fact, it was the recognition of the fact that balance changes happen which led people to wait until the patch notes were released. t.

The outrage is NOT over whether or not Poe should have been nerfed (people in this thread only focus on this point). In fact, most everyone DOES believe he should have been nerfed.

I get what you are saying...everyone else is asking why you're shocked. They can change anything at anytime with no notice lol. It's part of the agreement we made to play their game. The dev's said they were watching him and would be making changes if needed. It was needed and they made changes. Just because they didn't tell you in some incomplete patch notes is really not a good reason for the outrage

Back in my days you where considered a gentlemen or not depending on your integrity and if you where know to keep your word. Hiw things have changed. Newer generations expect so little. The social contract is void.

• Options
    Wow. Just wow.

Back in my days you where considered a gentlemen or not depending on your integrity and if you where know to keep your word. Hiw things have changed. Newer generations expect so little. The social contract is void.

Second that. I get EA can do whatever they want and so can we. I can't wrap my head around the fact that some use that fact to justify false and incomplete information! Do what you want, why mislead and misguide? Hope things change. Love the game and want it to succeed long-term. With the Star Wars franchise going to blow sky high, the opportunities are certainly there.
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    edit deleted long counter point. Pointless.

Poe was toxic and remains so, proven by this thread. The game mechanics needed to be fixed for a healthier game and community. Move along.
    Post edited by Llewella on
  • Options
    Back and forth, back and forth...
  • Options
    I just want to chime in that I always appreciate and applaud @Preemo_Magin and his Poe rants. They are over the top, but he hits on all the right points. Poe was nerfed from every single angle. People were most upset about his speed and turn meter reduction...so how about we leave those changes and at least give him back his health, expose and tenacity. Or two of those three. Please? Poe still has a place on a roster with Qui-Gon leadership, but QGJ is the real must-have character now, and any success the droid teams are having post-patch is due to three factors: (1) not everyone has fully farmed up their speed teams yet, (2) not everyone has recognized the significance of the change yet, and (3) AI is dumb as mud and will sometimes have QGJ, Geo Soldier, Dooku and Rey go after Poggle and HK instead of the IGs, so on offense your arena team can still win.

I'm sad about the droids, but I'm most sad about the Resistance team. I never got to play with a leveled-up Resistance team, and removing Poe's expose and tenacity is going to hurt them a lot since expose is their feature skill and two or three of them are squishy.