Surprise! Turn meter reduction now resistable.

Replies

• Options
    Gurley30 wrote: »
    Wow. Just wow.

Edit: In this thread you're going to find people who say something along the lines of "oh shoulda diversified" or "oh Poe was strong and deserved a nerf". This completely misses the point.

Of course balance changes happen in a PvP game. This is so painfully obvious, but people continue to parrot this platitude as if it is making a relevant point.

In fact, it was the recognition of the fact that balance changes happen which led people to wait until the patch notes were released. t.

The outrage is NOT over whether or not Poe should have been nerfed (people in this thread only focus on this point). In fact, most everyone DOES believe he should have been nerfed.

That outrage is that the patch notes misled people into malinvestment.

Any criticism that does not acknowledge this point is completely moot.

I get what you are saying...everyone else is asking why you're shocked. They can change anything at anytime with no notice lol. It's part of the agreement we made to play their game. The dev's said they were watching him and would be making changes if needed. It was needed and they made changes. Just because they didn't tell you in some incomplete patch notes is really not a good reason for the outrage

K I'll remember this when they nerf your QGJ and Dooku.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    How about the other toons it affects, not all is about poe

I'm more concerned about them than POE. Doesn't this also hurt Han. Han don't need no hurt. :/
  • Options
    Poe is becoming even more toxic to the game then before and I find that hard to believe

It's not Poe.

It's the Devs inability to make amends for screwing people over with misleading patch notes.
  • HershBathens
    821 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Every person who comments on this thread without acknowledging how the patch noes misled people still doesn't get it

Exactly. I waited for the patch notes. Studied them. Based on the parch notes i decided to go sll in on poe. Thousands of crystals and thousands of droids and millions of credits to get him starred, leveled and geared up.

Then to find out it was all a waste because of the misleading update notes.

• Options
    J7000 wrote: »

I'm more concerned about them than POE. Doesn't this also hurt Han. Han don't need no hurt. :/

No. Han gives turn meter to his team. That is 100% guaranteed.
  • Options

No. Han gives turn meter to his team. That is 100% guaranteed.

That's my understanding as well.
  • LukeSkywalker420
    460 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    If you have been paying attention to this forum and the game you would know Poe was OP and a target. That being said they went way overboard and still dont have the notes right, but demanding any kind of refund on a F2P character is a little ridiculous.
  • Options
    I would not have spent all my saved Cantina shards on Poe if I had known the real changes.... I feel really misled and it just seems slimy the way they are telling us to suck it up....

Same I stopped him a 6* waiting to see what the nerf was. When they released the notes I was comfortable spending the cantina credits on him.

With all these extra nerf I would much rather have those 100 shards go to qui-gon. I'm sure he will get hit soon evough
  • Options
    Bluff - Han has a 25% chance to remove 25% Turn Meter from each enemy at the start of each of his turns. In addition, Han has a 25% chance to remove 10% Turn Meter from each enemy when he is damaged.

So wonder if this part can be resist, its already somewhat of a low chance. With how low of health han has he may never get any of these off now.
  • Options
    Are we sure this isn't just some **** a guy spread to annoy everyone? I've done 5 arena battles today with poe and he has turned back meter on every person everytime. I have a crappy 4* poe against top 50 opponents with 7* toons. If anyone was gonna resist you'd think in this situation i would have seen it. Has anyone actually seem him not affect someone?

Even if can be resisted either I've had a ridiculously lucky day or he can only be resisted by toons with great tenacity. Which simply adds in another aspect moving away from the dps meta, tenacity now playing abigger part in high lvl battles with poe.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Im sad for those who farmed First Order Officer. His special is now 70% chance and then also can be resisted.
    Post edited by xJazzx on
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Oh My Gosh this is Barriss Offee thing all over again. While a slight nerf would do the job and make everyone happy?! poor Poe got triple nerfed. Since "GS nerf" is the new trend i believe it is time to give up on the insect too! Because it is going down for sure :(
  • Options
    The fact that people do know that they shouldn't invest in an OP character is why the false patch notes are so important.
    It is logical. reddit.com/r/anarcho_capitalism
  • Options
    So let's invest in those who will never get nerfed. Ugnaught maybe?
  • Options
    Such unjust by EA. Hidden behind lies they are
  • Options
    Such unjust by EA. Hidden behind lies they are

Are you Yoda or Poe?!
  • Options
    The fact that people do know that they shouldn't invest in an OP character is why the false patch notes are so important.

+1
  • Options
    That's CGs biggest issue right now, these tremendous ninja updates. For the life of me, I can't understand why they shoot themselves in the foot like this. It's just bad for business and plain sloppiness...
  • Options
    The main problem with this game is that it takes sooooooo long to boost a character up to playability and when they get nerfed you get nothing back. Hearthstone gives you back full value when they nerf a card, ive been spending more time and money over there recently.
  • Options
    Only toon that still screws me over aroind 50 is poe. Even without the mentioned nerfs people shouldn't conplain. Seriously, he's op enough even after the nerfs. Just a lil less drastic then before.
  • Options
    Forget poe, FOO got the raw end of this deal.
  • Options
    Yep. Too much
  • Options
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    If it's resisted does it apply to all opponents? Seemed to miss everyone if it missed.

It had a chance to affect the enemies. This is the same but now each enemy that it lands on can resist it.

J7000, are you a dev or anoaid poster? Everytime someone that had abgood char and now has the "rebel scum" ( in sw movie lingo quote) garbage that poe you appear to say nothing happened?

Speed
    Poe before: top 6 char would RNG among 5 turn 7 chars.
    Poe after: can go after 17 other chars guaranteed

Expose:
    Before: 2-5 chars
    Now: 1-2

Time meter:
    Before: 100% effective. All enemy allies
    Now: 40% effective. Resists often

HP: -444

Tenacity:
    Before: 95% protecrion... would not apply and would heal
    Now: 40% protection from Tenacity

Worst char ever along with Chewy and all the other chars that are guaranteed fail.

The only difference between Poe and a factory garbage char, is that Poe wasn't born useless, and wasn't nerfed. It was condemned to 5 days in Jail and while in prison and nobody looking
    he was ritually murdered by the devs.

Huge damage to the new SW franchise when you make a new char that will feature in the next two movies murdered by devs that have no clue about SW at all.

Hahaha ha, this is the funniest post yet! "huge damage to the new SW franchise" because of the Poe Nerf! Hahahaha!!!

Firstly the SW franchise isn't "new" but you obviously are! & they are not "chars" (what the *uck is that?) they're toons.

You need to get a grip and realize the world has real problems. The Poe Nerf won't damage even this game let alone the franchise.

I invested in Poe after the notice as well. I was ****... For a minute; then I remembered it was a game & that if I have money to waste on it; I must not be hurting for money. Go play outside my friend & for your own good...chill.
  • Options
    I just hate how my droids I've spent months on can no longer compete. this game is unforgiving with toon time to completion. I have no clue what to do now cept focus on the qui gon band wagon and just start over I guess. I look forward to everyone crying about the next wave of op qui gons and geo soldiers.
  • Options
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    If it's resisted does it apply to all opponents? Seemed to miss everyone if it missed.

It had a chance to affect the enemies. This is the same but now each enemy that it lands on can resist it.

J7000, are you a dev or anoaid poster? Everytime someone that had abgood char and now has the "rebel scum" ( in sw movie lingo quote) garbage that poe you appear to say nothing happened?

Speed
    Poe before: top 6 char would RNG among 5 turn 7 chars.
    Poe after: can go after 17 other chars guaranteed

Expose:
    Before: 2-5 chars
    Now: 1-2

Time meter:
    Before: 100% effective. All enemy allies
    Now: 40% effective. Resists often

HP: -444

Tenacity:
    Before: 95% protecrion... would not apply and would heal
    Now: 40% protection from Tenacity

Worst char ever along with Chewy and all the other chars that are guaranteed fail.

The only difference between Poe and a factory garbage char, is that Poe wasn't born useless, and wasn't nerfed. It was condemned to 5 days in Jail and while in prison and nobody looking
    he was ritually murdered by the devs.

Huge damage to the new SW franchise when you make a new char that will feature in the next two movies murdered by devs that have no clue about SW at all.

Hahaha ha, this is the funniest post yet! "huge damage to the new SW franchise" because of the Poe Nerf! Hahahaha!!!

Firstly the SW franchise isn't "new" but you obviously are! & they are not "chars" (what the *uck is that?) they're toons.

You need to get a grip and realize the world has real problems. The Poe Nerf won't damage even this game let alone the franchise.

I invested in Poe after the notice as well. I was ****... For a minute; then I remembered it was a game & that if I have money to waste on it; I must not be hurting for money. Go play outside my friend & for your own good...chill.

I play Golf and Squash. I also like Salsa dancing, lol. Come here by Florida and lets play.

• Options
    Noktarn wrote: »
    I just hate how my droids I've spent months on can no longer compete. this game is unforgiving with toon time to completion. I have no clue what to do now cept focus on the qui gon band wagon and just start over I guess. I look forward to everyone crying about the next wave of op qui gons and geo soldiers.

Get Geo, Poogle, QGJ. Replace HK with Poogle and use Poogle as leader. Should be able to get to top 25 easily for about 2 months then who knows.

• Options
    Noktarn wrote: »

It has already begun...
  • Options
    Still nothing
  • Options
    I welcome the changes on Speed really, but I think they went a bit too far on Poe.

With the general SPEED changes, and Poe's TENACITY nerf, there was no need to nerf him even further. He is not going 1st anymore, there are a ton of chars that go before him. That's good.

But there was no need to make them more squishy and touch his Expose chance. That's going too far.

Poe never was the root of the problem. Damage/health ratio was and is the actual problem.
    Hope devs realize at some point and rebalance Poe's Expose and Health to its former levels.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Yup.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.