Territory Battle Overview [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Nurgle wrote: »
    Oh would you look at that, Flash Events all over again. People complaining left and right that they can't find a couple of minutes in a 12 hour window.

Depends on how big the time investment during that window needs to be.

THANK YOU. You just proved my entire point and saved me probably 43189894198 hours of writing the same thing.

Territory Battles aren't released yet. We don't know how much time it would take. It could be 2 minutes, it could be 2 hours. So what's the point of writing pointless complains without even knowing anything yet?
  • Options
    I think the whole 12 hour idea is a disaster for even the guilds who are mainly in the guild leaders timezone - because then one phase falls into the extended work time - even if it were to start on a friday. Last time I looked bith Friday and Monday are typical days where everbody not on wellfare does have to work - and even a normal 9 hour workday includes getting ready for work, travel time both ways and then having to do things like shopping or picking up the kids - that's easily 12 hours where game play is impossible. And then there are those that have shift duty encompassing weekends.

If the time window stays at 12 hours you will lose those players that are able to pay to play as they do have a job...
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    What about 6am - 8pm. The 12 hour night part would be useless because people sleep, you know. So 14hour for the day part and 10 hour for the night part.
    I think you're missing the point. My guild leader lives in Ireland, i live in Chicago. 6am for him is midnight for me. So even with your bonus two hours, my "playable" window would be Midnight to 2:00 pm.

Call me old fashioned, but I consider a game something I play in my free time. Not something I have to set an alarm to play or miss work to play.

A 48 hour window for raids, but only a 12 hour window for TB seems like a poor choice. Unless there is a lot less to do in TB - which would mean a whole lot of hype over little "playable" content.

Either of the two creates some big problems.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    CameronD wrote: »
    BattleNations. Idk how many others played such a Gem before it shut down but man was this game GREAT. Anyways around the last 2 years of it's existence it came out with a event(monthly) known as Boss strike. Guilds in Battle nations would fight Wave after wave, each unit killed was dead for good. Each enemy defeated earned a certain amount of points, you could back out at at time taking your points with you. The points went to a VERY LARGE gauge that needs to be filled before time runs out, each tier grants everyone equal rewards. The final reward usually being an exclusive unit. If all looks in order it looks like they've adopted this style(Nothing wrong it's a great event!) and hopefully we can see these monthly. In Battle nations, the area and enemies would change as well as the rewards! So maybe we could see adventures to Genosis or scariff. All in all very pleased with future content and The future looks strong for this game!

I absolutely LOVED that game. Was so disappointed when it was bought out and fell over. Boss strike was fantastic to bring everyone together
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    plindboe wrote: »
    I'm not sure I understand this:
    pulnf5na4jz8.png

How can the round be over, when there are still surviving units on both sides? Does this indicate that there's a timer and when it runs out it calculates your earned territory points?

A timer.. same as arena
  • Options
    Nurgle wrote: »
    Oh would you look at that, Flash Events all over again. People complaining left and right that they can't find a couple of minutes in a 12 hour window.

Depends on how big the time investment during that window needs to be.

THANK YOU. You just proved my entire point and saved me probably 43189894198 hours of writing the same thing.

Territory Battles aren't released yet. We don't know how much time it would take. It could be 2 minutes, it could be 2 hours. So what's the point of writing pointless complains without even knowing anything yet?

You're right. But if it's 2 minutes, this is a whole lot of build up and hype for very little playable content. The concern is that, either way you're right, it presents a problem.

If it's not much to do, then whatevs. People will bemoan the lack of content. That's nothing new. I don't agree, but people always complain. But if there is a decent amount of content, then 12 hour windows, especially if you have no control over when they are or what will be needed in each window, is far too narrow for many players with jobs, family age responsibilities.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Ipoopsy2 wrote: »
    Phelynor wrote: »
    I think 12 hour time periods is and was a great idea because no matter where in the world you live, no one i know sleeps 12 hours and therefore will be able to participate twice daily. If you sleep 8 hours, then you might be restricted to 4 hours to play for that particular phase. This is a far cry from the flash events where you have to check each hour.

I say well done with the 12 hour time periods!

You're not thinking of the big picture, aka WORK! Yes, some people work for a living. 99% of the P2P players work during those 6am-6pm hours. And work involves waking up, getting ready, driving, working, coming home, etc.

Actually you're not. People have different odds time working. 12 hrs is sufficient. You assume people have a 9-5 job, but everyone have a different work schedules.

Plus, TB might take like a few mins to finished for each players...guess you haven't considered that in your "bigger picture"...

FYI - some people work more than 8 hours. For those who work 12 hour shifts, a 12 hour window to play is not nearly sufficient.

• Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    What about 6am - 8pm. The 12 hour night part would be useless because people sleep, you know. So 14hour for the day part and 10 hour for the night part.
    I think you're missing the point. My guild leader lives in Ireland, i live in Chicago. 6am for him is midnight for me. So even with your bonus two hours, my "playable" window would be Midnight to 2:00 pm.

Call me old fashioned, but I consider a game something I play in my free time. Not something I have to set an alarm to play or miss work to play.

A 48 hour window for raids, but only a 12 hour window for TB seems like a poor choice. Unless there is a lot less to do in TB - which would mean a whole lot of hype over little "playable" content.

Either of the two creates some big problems.

An international guild with all different time zones is actually much better off. Say you are 6am-6pm window. If everyone has same time done then pretty much everyone has to play in evening. To get that 6pm-6am slot. you can use different time zones to your advantage as a group.
  • Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    after all the darkside love the game has gotten im glad its tailors to light side

I hope that was sarcasm lol

it wasnt, im VERY glad this is light side. tired of EVERYTHING being about sith/empire. theyll eventually get of of there own that will be darkside bonus. Still waiting for the Much needed Jedi update

You must be new to the game or............

Yeah cause lightside has gotten way more love in this game than darkside.

Darkside meta don't last long and is always snuffed out by rebels.

Look at zader ( like 2 weeks in meta)

Look at maul ( wasn't even the real meta and triple cleanse was but maul lasted a short period tho the dodge meta was painful)

Look at thrawn ( Thrawn was meta for darkside for another whole few weeks and was snuffed out by CLS this time)

Where as the rebel meta has been present almost since the beginning of the game
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    after all the darkside love the game has gotten im glad its tailors to light side

it wasnt, im VERY glad this is light side. tired of EVERYTHING being about sith/empire. theyll eventually get of of there own that will be darkside bonus. Still waiting for the Much needed Jedi update

Look at maul ( wasn't even the real meta and triple cleanse was but maul lasted a short period tho the dodge meta was painful)

Look at thrawn ( Thrawn was meta for darkside for another whole few weeks and was snuffed out by CLS this time)

A bit aside from the topic, but if I remember correctly, droids were meta for 10 months (dark side), EP was meta for 6 months, Maul was a pita until R2, and triple cleanse only worked if you had Chaze. Wiggs was good but EP was really hard to deal especially with SF and Shore at the time.

Rex is only a good leader because the outcome of the battle depends less on the quality of your mods than the quality of the AI.
  • Options
    Naw wrote: »
    Don't want to quote specific posts on a mobile device, but need to say this.

Battle on Hoth was a glorious victory for Empire, how silly of me to think that Empire toons would be useful here, e.g. Veers and Snowtrooper.

Agreed. Now, I'm no DS lover, but in a battle that saw the Empire search out and annihilate the Rebel base in the opening scenes of a movie called "The Empire Strikes Back" why do Rebels get a bonus?

Sometimes I think they're trying so hard to get people to spend money, they forget the big picture.

• DarthPhaco
    65 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    A 24 hour window to complete both phases would not increase the overall length of TB.
  • NewCaprica
    124 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'll tell you this, I have absolutely all the toons in the game and I reached out my main goal by being first in arena and the raids are now too easy to complete. So what remains for me? I'm borde in this game so please release this new mode ASAP!
  • Options
    If this thing goes 24 hours per phase will take 1 week to complete TB .....and i m not a fan of that
    I want to progress in game.....its enough gap 1 year since the launch of haat
    If it takes 1 week, would mean you will buy gear pieces for g12 in a month or so... :o:o:o presume they wont give enough tokens as rewards for us to buy a full piece from store
    12 hours is more then enough.....
    You all moaning and they havent even launched it
    You might do your part in this just 5min.....chill
    Wait for the launch
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Mihai29 wrote: »
    If this thing goes 24 hours per phase will take 1 week to complete TB .....and i m not a fan of that
    If it takes 1 week, would mean you will buy gear pieces for g12 in a month or so... :o:o:o presume they wont give enough tokens as rewards for us to buy a full piece from store
    Wait for the launch

They could also reduce the difficulty to make feasible to have 2 phases in 24h, and you need to clear the first phase before going the next. Like constant mini raids with no refeshes
  • Options
    My few thoughts, in no particular order.

First, a heartfelt thanks to @SnakesOnAPlane and the many others in this thread who pointed out how ludicrous a mandatory 12 hour window that requires full participation is. I'm in the same time zone as my guild leader and there's no way I can participate much even in a 6am to 6pm window. I work a very demanding job and even if I can take a few minutes here and there during the day to check in, I don't want a game mode that can be completed in 10 minutes and I want to be able to actually immerse myself in new content. I don't understand the assumption that people are working 9-5 jobs. That's a long outdated situation in the US and I guarantee the vast vast vast majority of all whales are working professionals who have similarly demanding jobs to my own that require full engagement for 10-14 hours a day, or more. I have been a pretty big spender and played every day for a year, I'm on an August 2016 shard so behind many, but I've built up a good roster (https://swgoh.gg/u/avakdizzle/) and genuinely enjoy GW, arena, pit and haat raids, and the grind as a whole. I also enjoy that despite a tough work schedule, it's pretty easy to fit all those in. The only inconvenient one is arena and I miss payout a lot, but I have a well coordinated shard and once I get my rank after the Europe time payouts, I'm usually safe until my payout. If after all this build up for territory battles though, the first new content in nearly a year, I'm only able to play half of the time and my guild mates are only able to do the same, then we won't be competitive as players or a guild and it will ruin the fun of the game. I've invested plenty and think this is one of the best games I've played, but if the 12 hour window isn't adjusted at all, then I don't know, it might be time to hang up the holotable for me.

I appreciate the very detailed post from Kozi and really want to noodle over all the details with my guild and other officers, but I can't be motivated to do so when I know I won't be able to participate in half of the battles. I just can't understand saying you need full guild participation and then putting a very narrow and predetermined time on when that participation occurs.

Sorry for the long post and ranting and thank you to a terrific community for voicing valid concerns and another thanks to CG for listening. Please understand where we are coming from or I think many others will leave too.
  • Options
    Why is the battle on Hoth a rebel focused event when the Empire kicked the crap out of them there?
  • Options
    Why is the battle on Hoth a rebel focused event when the Empire kicked the **** out of them there?

Cause there are way more rebel/light side toons that they can make you farm
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »

A bit aside from the topic, but if I remember correctly, droids were meta for 10 months (dark side), EP was meta for 6 months, Maul was a pita until R2, and triple cleanse only worked if you had Chaze. Wiggs was good but EP was really hard to deal especially with SF and Shore at the time.

Rex is only a good leader because the outcome of the battle depends less on the quality of your mods than the quality of the AI.

-per Rex, rex is the best lead in the game and has been present in almost every meta because of how good the AI is with him compared to many toons and his kit with TM gain that benefits all.

-per droids, droids were not " the meta" for 10 months they were a top meta team for a couple of months which is the longest but then became "viable" and could compete in top ranks for awhile longer but wasn't actually meta.

- Per Palpatine, palp wasn't meta for 6 months ethier because he was released in Aug of 16 and Vader got his zeta in December of 16 which palp was part of that meta but Vader quickly lost traction after a few weeks in arena and was replaced by rebels.

Also keep in mind chaze released in Nov and has been meta since release which puts us right at around 10 actual months of meta

Then to top chaze off keep in mind GK released with the tank raid in Oct of 16 which he also has been meta since release which puts us at 11 months

Don't know where you're getting your timelines from
    Post edited by xReDeMpx on
  • Options
    I think 12 hour time periods is and was a great idea because no matter where in the world you live, no one i know sleeps 12 hours and therefore will be able to participate twice daily. If you sleep 8 hours, then you might be restricted to 4 hours to play for that particular phase. This is a far cry from the flash events where you have to check each hour.

You're not thinking of the big picture, aka WORK! Yes, some people work for a living. 99% of the P2P players work during those 6am-6pm hours. And work involves waking up, getting ready, driving, working, coming home, etc.

Actually you're not. People have different odds time working. 12 hrs is sufficient. You assume people have a 9-5 job, but everyone have a different work schedules.

Plus, TB might take like a few mins to finished for each players...guess you haven't considered that in your "bigger picture"...

Actually, I am. If anyone works odd times, it's me. I work off of a modified DuPont schedule of 12 hour shifts: 7 nights on, 3 days off, 3 days on, 7 days off, 4 days on, 4 days off, rinse & repeat. My workday starts at 5:30pm on nights and 5:30am on days. The bigger picture I discussed still holds true for me, and likely for the super majority of players here. You're certainly one of the oddballs (in more ways than one).
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options

Actually, I am. If anyone works odd times, it's me. I work off of a modified DuPont schedule of 12 hour shifts: 7 nights on, 3 days off, 3 days on, 7 days off, 4 days on, 4 days off, rinse & repeat. My workday starts at 5:30pm on nights and 5:30am on days. The bigger picture I discussed still holds true for me, and likely for the super majority of players here. You're certainly one of the oddballs (in more ways than one).

Your work schedule is rough how do you ever adjust? Ive 12/12 2d/2d 3d every other weekend but it was always 1800-0600
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Wait for the launch

They could also reduce the difficulty to make feasible to have 2 phases in 24h, and you need to clear the first phase before going the next. Like constant mini raids with no refeshes

-per Rex, rex is the best lead in the game and has been present in almost every meta because of how good the AI is with him compared to many toons and his kit with TM gain that benefits all.

-per droids, droids were not " the meta" for 10 months they were a top meta team for a couple of months which is the longest but then became "viable" and could compete in top ranks for awhile longer but wasn't actually meta.

- Per Palpatine, palp wasn't meta for 6 months ethier because he was released in Aug of 16 and Vader got his zeta in December of 16 which palp was part of that meta but Vader quickly lost traction after a few weeks in arena and was replaced by rebels.

Also keep in mind chaze released in Nov and has been meta since release which puts us right at around 10 actual months of meta

Then to top chaze off keep in mind GK released with the tank raid in Oct of 16 which he also has been meta since release which puts us at 11 months

So, what do you define meta? For me, it is any team that can compete for arena #1 spot with a 50 crystal refresh and win 95% of the time on offense.

- Rex: guess what, I look at my top 20: 0 Rex, all replaced by CLS. Rex AI is a joke: starts with his second special when there is no debuff. With this respect OB lead is much better. (But your know R2).

- Droids: from start of the game until Wiggs, around 10 months. Clear you had alternatives, but they were a top arena team (we are talking about Phasma QGJ Rey STH RG or AA Leia Rey RG QGJ meta, without mods).

- Palpatine: used him from September 2016 until March 2017 (Zaul was tough) and guess what, I was still ranking first everyday.
  • Jinks
    50 posts Member
    Options
    If the linked video is correct and dark side toons do not get to play, then that is a major foul. For individual activities like Assault Battles etc. fair enough. For major guild activities and the biggest gameplay addition since ships, to say that you cannot play with your best toons is wrong. The only semi valid argument is based on the theme. However, as many have stated, the Empire won that fight. Nothing else in this game sidelines inventory. If I want to send a Gammorean Guard vs Rancor, I can. Nute Gunray vs Tank, can do. I feel betrayed because it was stated that we can use all of our inventory. Counting my Dark Side guys power and applying it to a point total is not using my toons. It's a joke and very deceptive. God help you if that is also the manner in which you plan to "use" our ships for this. No info on that yet. It's exciting to finally get new gameplay but a real kick in the teeth to be told you are not white enough for this ride. Please say it ain't so :(
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    Wait for the launch

So, what do you define meta? For me, it is any team that can compete for arena #1 spot with a 50 crystal refresh and win 95% of the time on offense.

- Rex: guess what, I look at my top 20: 0 Rex, all replaced by CLS. Rex AI is a joke: starts with his second special when there is no debuff. With this respect OB lead is much better. (But your know R2).

- Droids: from start of the game until Wiggs, around 10 months. Clear you had alternatives, but they were a top arena team (we are talking about Phasma QGJ Rey STH RG or AA Leia Rey RG QGJ meta, without mods).

- Palpatine: used him from September 2016 until March 2017 (Zaul was tough) and guess what, I was still ranking first everyday.

- Rex AI may incorrectly use abilities but that's like every toon in this game, the reason threxsus is still meta and one of the best teams to hit this game is because of how the AI almost perfectly fits togehter between Rex and the threxsus comp on top of the obvious kit benefits.

- Per your asking what I consider meta, I would consider it a combination of things, the usuage percentage when used as a whole team/ with also useage percentage as a single toon coupled with how easy/hard it is to hold top 5 and with how many refresh etc. ( everyone will define meta differently)

But the only darkside toon that has had a top meta impact like those of chaze and GK would be DN which is obviously one of the best toons in the game though the useage is finally starting to drop.

There's a difference between plugging in a toon like palp on a comp with 3 other plug and play toons and taking 1st with a refresh and being at a 5-10% useage rate for example compared to using Rex,R2, GK etc which would all have over 20% useage for example which clearly indicates true meta team than being "meta viable"

Rex has only of recently started to drop in useage due to CLS, but depending on your shard the comp I mentioned above "threxsus" is still present in many shards because it's still arguably one of the best comps even after CLS
  • Options
    Jinks wrote: »
    If the linked video is correct and dark side toons do not get to play, then that is a major foul. For individual activities like Assault Battles etc. fair enough. For major guild activities and the biggest gameplay addition since ships, to say that you cannot play with your best toons is wrong. The only semi valid argument is based on the theme. However, as many have stated, the Empire won that fight. Nothing else in this game sidelines inventory. If I want to send a Gammorean Guard vs Rancor, I can. Nute Gunray vs Tank, can do. I feel betrayed because it was stated that we can use all of our inventory. Counting my Dark Side guys power and applying it to a point total is not using my toons. It's a joke and very deceptive. God help you if that is also the manner in which you plan to "use" our ships for this. No info on that yet. It's exciting to finally get new gameplay but a real kick in the teeth to be told you are not white enough for this ride. Please say it ain't so :(

Yeah I really hope this isn't the case either. I been waiting for a new way to use my fleet as well and I really really hope we get to actually use them not just there "power" rating. I been working my ships hard for this. Also working my DS empire but that seems a waste....
  • Options
    Come ot think of it, a 24 hour phase really wouldn't be that bad. Each individual Territory Battle would last 6 days, and that seems slow--but how many Territory Battles are we going to have? The important thing to bear in mind is that WE aren't starting these, they're not raids. There's an external throttle on how often we can complete a full Territory Battle.

Like, if the plan was to do one every two weeks for three days, then the plan has just changed to doing one every two weeks for six days. There's no actual change to the frequency of rewards. What changes is that instead of a leisurely pace for one phase and a mad dash for another phase, you have a leisurely pace for all six phases.

So, yeah, now that I really sit down to think about it let's do a 24 hour phase! It seems so obvious.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Come ot think of it, a 24 hour phase really wouldn't be that bad. Each individual Territory Battle would last 6 days, and that seems slow--but how many Territory Battles are we going to have? The important thing to bear in mind is that WE aren't starting these, they're not raids. There's an external throttle on how often we can complete a full Territory Battle.

Like, if the plan was to do one every two weeks for three days, then the plan has just changed to doing one every two weeks for six days. There's no actual change to the frequency of rewards. What changes is that instead of a leisurely pace for one phase and a mad dash for another phase, you have a leisurely pace for all six phases.

So, yeah, now that I really sit down to think about it let's do a 24 hour phase! It seems so obvious.

Here's an idea. Max time for phase is 24 hours, unless guild leaders end the phase early and trigger the next phase manually. Then it could still be 3 days, but with a more flexible schedule. Just a random thought in response this fine Sunday morning.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Wait for the launch

- Rex AI may incorrectly use abilities but that's like every toon in this game, the reason threxsus is still meta and one of the best teams to hit this game is because of how the AI almost perfectly fits togehter between Rex and the threxsus comp on top of the obvious kit benefits.

- Per your asking what I consider meta, I would consider it a combination of things, the usuage percentage when used as a whole team/ with also useage percentage as a single toon coupled with how easy/hard it is to hold top 5 and with how many refresh etc. ( everyone will define meta differently)

But the only darkside toon that has had a top meta impact like those of chaze and GK would be DN which is obviously one of the best toons in the game though the useage is finally starting to drop.

There's a difference between plugging in a toon like palp on a comp with 3 other plug and play toons and taking 1st with a refresh and being at a 5-10% useage rate for example compared to using Rex,R2, GK etc which would all have over 20% useage for example which clearly indicates true meta team than being "meta viable"

Rex has only of recently started to drop in useage due to CLS, but depending on your shard the comp I mentioned above "threxsus" is still present in many shards because it's still arguably one of the best comps even after CLS

- I find Thrawn pretty meta defining. On the same level as DN.

I totally agree that past trimester was light side heavy (even Thrawn could not make Empire as dominant as Chaze), and I also fully concur that the best duo is LS and many exciting new toons are LS. That being said, does it really matter if you can take first in arena with your Empire team? I know many shards where your mates would even take out their toon to get your top position if you can't beat them.

On the other hand, Empire is still the only team to solo P3 HAT and were for 8 months the best team for soloing Rancor, and seriously Maul and Sass were annoying in arena (I almost quite because of Evasion). My guess is they will introduce a DS raid and DS table soon in TB and I hope for a iconic DS character for reward (name one that is not ingame now?)