Dark side users losing interest?

Prev1
Rakim
267 posts Member
edited August 2017
I don't know about others but as someone who plays this game because I like the dark side (sith, empire, etc), I'm truly getting bored with the delivery. Don't get me wrong, I like the game, been playing since launch and have put more money in this game than I've put in any freemium style games. But it feels like the dark side is constantly getting shafted; these territory battles are the dark side yet again getting the short end of the stick.
I'm speaking as someone who truly likes this game, PLEASE give us a balanced experience. People will leave if they feel their efforts are for naught.

Replies

• I got so excited cause I thought my zVeers and Snow Trooper would be useful during their battle, but no they get nothing
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    I still have hope veers and snowtrooper will be of good use and that we will get a new veers/Vader/capital ship with TB. I really feel CG just hasn't give us all information yet.

But yea I am a huge ds fan and I still want thrawn lead (Maneuver priority) fixed.
  • I get the complaints, but if you have experience with this game you know you basically need to have as many characters as possible from both sides starred and geared. DS will get their territory battle focus too when the Darthomir one comes out.
  • It's getting a little ridiculous. I'm all for og characters getting love. But guess what! Most Empire toons and Sith are og too.

If we get to play both perspectives on Hoth at some point, rebels & empire that's fine. But if CG rewrites history and makes it so the rebels win a battle they lost in lore then shame on you devs.
  • In a game where most of the content allows you to mix light and dark characters, what's the point of being a light or dark player?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    In a game where most of the content allows you to mix light and dark characters, what's the point of being a light or dark player?

Well apparently you get game mode if you choose light and nothing for dark
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    NicWester wrote: »
    In a game where most of the content allows you to mix light and dark characters, what's the point of being a light or dark player?

It is totally fair for people to favor one faction more than the other. No where does the op suggest this games doesn't encourage hybrid teams. He does say he prefers ds and would like a better balancing done between ds/ls. This isn't unreasonable.
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I remember right before Thrawn was released CG was doing an interview and stated, "we hear all the complaints about rebels and light side." We got Thrawn, 3 new Ewoks, a 2nd Luke, a 3rd Han, a 2nd Leia, a 2nd Yoda, a rebel centered event to unlock the 2nd rebel Luke, and a rebel/light side focused territory battle since then.
    No one's saying there shouldn't be rebels or light side, all I'm asking for (as well as many others), is balance
  • Obe2Kenobi wrote: »
    Enough tears please

Execpt no one is crying. We are simply stating our concerns.
  • Not at all, me and my BFF's (Best FO Forever) will never separate, we're just taking a moment for ourselves.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Riffinator wrote: »
    I got so excited cause I thought my zVeers and Snow Trooper would be useful during their battle, but no they get nothing

Same, a lot of empire people were excited to get a chance to use zVeers and Snow in TB only to find out we get no bonus. Seems odd since the Empire, you know, won that battle?
    Nebulous wrote: »
    I still have hope veers and snowtrooper will be of good use and that we will get a new veers/Vader/capital ship with TB. I really feel CG just hasn't give us all information yet.

But yea I am a huge ds fan and I still want thrawn lead (Maneuver priority) fixed.

I'm going by a "we'll see" approach with this. I've been playing this game for a while and invested a bit in it so I don't just want to up and quit. But I fully understand ftp people coming from our perspective losing interest and quitting because all their work was for nothing.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    This is a ridiculous post. DS will be necesssary as ALL toons are needed for TB. Move on.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Galaxy of Rebels
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Omeah wrote: »
    I just made a thread complaining about Rebels and it got deleted. No, not moved, deleted

It's in the mega
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127558/territory-battle-overview-mega#latest
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Totally agree with the op, I like this game but I'm close to quitting more than ever.
    They have to know not all players like light side and rebels in particular, they're dominating arena, raids and now in tb they get bonuses and you need specific characters, we all know they are going to be rebels, to play special missions.
    Also in characters farming, every decent dark side characters is on a single impossible node or on a 16 cantina energy node, while light side are found every where . This applies to ships as well.
  • Dark side has gotten the short straw for way too long. We got the Thrawn event and you needed LS toons to get him anyway. Besides Nihilus and Thrawn, what DS toons are still considered top tier meta? I'm fine with CLS because he's been needed for years and the way we unlocked him was amazing, the same kind of goes for R2, but the Ewoks still suck and we wasted an entire month with the new ones. Nightsisters need the next Faction Pass, or the Sepratists do. Either way it needs to be a DS faction for the next two passes to ballance things out better
  • CryMeARiver
    36 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Meta arena teams are split 3/2. DN and Thrawn are meta. Can't evenly split it better than that.

More territory battles will be released. FO will have a strong presence for the next movie. zVader is probably the best toon in the game when it comes to being a useable leader in arena and both raids.

What more do you want?
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Meta arena teams are split 3/2. DN and Thrawn are meta. Can't evenly split it better than that.

More territory battles will be released. FO will have a strong presence for the next movie. zVader is probably the best toon in the game when it comes to being a useable leader in arena and both raids.

What more do you want?

Bonuses to ALL of the toons on the battle of Hoth not just the rebels
  • zVader is probably the best toon in the game when it comes to being a useable leader in arena and both raids.

What more do you want?
    Lol
  • Asic wrote: »
    This is a ridiculous post. DS will be necesssary as ALL toons are needed for TB. Move on.

https://youtu.be/MK0NnFr9zZ4

Check out about the 5 min mark where her says you don't actually get to fight with dark side toons. Just getting points for having them, and sending them out isn't the same as actually getting to... you know... play with them.
  • stavrik
    88 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    With Empire at least we can get R2 but Sith are most useless characters in game and they are very powerful in Star Wars universe. Funny.
    Expect DN Only worth mentioning Vader for Rancor but now his little boy can solo it.
  • zhtd17 wrote: »
    zVader is probably the best toon in the game when it comes to being a useable leader in arena and both raids.

What more do you want?
    Lol

No? He's a good leader for arena top 100 or 50, only a small percentage fight for 1st. He can still solo rancor, and he's the reason people smash the tank. So what's the lol about?
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    I hear your concerns OP but if you've played since launch you'll know that there has pretty much always been a rebel bias. it's just how it is. make sure you're ready for a bit of Jedi dominance when jedi luke finally rocks up. more light side love.
  • Rapid wrote: »
    I hear your concerns OP but if you've played since launch you'll know that there has pretty much always been a rebel bias. it's just how it is. make sure you're ready for a bit of Jedi dominance when jedi luke finally rocks up. more light side love.

He will be Rebel. He wasn't really a Jedi. He never fought with other Jedi so can't really be part of a Jedi faction ya know! Long live the rebels
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    edited August 2017

What more do you want?

Making legitimate points and asking for balance as a customer isn't crying, it's what customers do. Businesses that enjoy being open ask for that all the time. Your point there is invalid.

DN and Thrawn are meta. DN can be replaced by a rebel. But overall must good arena teams can beat any other team in the top 20.

How can a territory battle in Hoth, where the Empire won, have 0 bonuses for empire? Makes no sense.

zVader? Lol. He's pretty worthless in meta arena, completely outclassed at this point in both raids. So again, lol.
  • I do find there is a lack of viable dark side toons in arena. Though they do have great synergy and used often in other places (GW, raids), they don't have much viability in arena. The only viable DS toons are mainly DN, Thrawn, and the occasional EP, Vader and Boba. If you compare that with the amount of LS toons, you'll notice a massive difference...

Personally I'm not complaining, I do use both sides and find joy in using both.

Hopefully with the release of battlefront, we'll see more dark side users being released and it will have their turn.

• Rakim wrote: »
    Omg you guys need to quit crying. Meta arena teams are split 3/2. DN and Thrawn are meta. Can't evenly split it better than that.

What more do you want?

Making legitimate points and asking for balance as a customer isn't crying, it's what customers do. Businesses that enjoy being open ask for that all the time. Your point there is invalid.

DN and Thrawn are meta. DN can be replaced by a rebel. But overall must good arena teams can beat any other team in the top 20.

How can a territory battle in Hoth, where the Empire won, have 0 bonuses for empire? Makes no sense.

zVader? Lol. He's pretty worthless in meta arena, completely outclassed at this point in both raids. So again, lol.

Name one toon besides CLS with the overall viability across the board that zVader has. Sure other toons can be better in arena, or rancor, or tank, but not a single one does all 3 better than Vader, am I wrong?
  • zhtd17 wrote: »
    zVader is probably the best toon in the game when it comes to being a useable leader in arena and both raids.

What more do you want?
    Lol

and he's the reason people smash the tank.

Lol
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Rakim wrote: »
    Omg you guys need to quit crying. Meta arena teams are split 3/2. DN and Thrawn are meta. Can't evenly split it better than that.

What more do you want?

Name one toon besides CLS with the overall viability across the board that zVader has. Sure other toons can be better in arena, or rancor, or tank, but not a single one does all 3 better than Vader, am I wrong?

I'll entertain you. What is zVader's "viability" in arena? I'm playing for a top spot, if I wanted 50-100 I could use A) clones (who can also solo P4 of Tank), B. Resistance (who can solo P2 of tank or do heavy damage in P4 C) rebels (who can compete for a top spot in arena as well as do MAJOR damage in P2/P4 of tank, and can solo rancor with 1 toon.)
    zVader is a leader that is heavily dependant on the toons around him to solo rancor, is outclassed HEAVILY by many other leads in tank, and outclassed by a good deal of arena toons.
    So back to your point, beyond CLS what toons do "all 3 better than Vader"? Rex, Jyn, DN, R2, Wedge + Biggs, Thrawn, Finn, Kenobi, Chirrut + Baze, etc. I don't feel like scrolling through every toon to continue proving this point here.

Now on to a point that matters. How many dark side centered events are there? 5 legendary characters (R2, Palpatine, Thrawn, CLS, Yoda) only 1 requires dark side toons to unlock. TB coming out, only bonuses for rebels/light side. 2 raids, only light side toons as heroic rewards. See where this is going?