Raid rewards being left up to RNG is just as bad as user ID

LeoRavus
1165 posts Member
Getting 15th place for clearing the entire Pit raid is bad. Is there a better solution for this?

Replies

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    Getting 15th place for clearing the entire Pit raid is bad. Is there a better solution for this?

Probably not. I think everyone who solos the entire raid should all get 1st place rewards. Do it Olympic style. If 15 people tie for first, they all get 1st. And then the next person gets 16th place. Any ties for zeros at the bottom all get last place rewards. No shenanigans with one person soloing, and 49 people tied for 2nd.

Will that ever happen? Nope. It would hurt gear sales. But I like it better than building a solo team and being rewarded with a lottery ticket instead of actually getting good rewards.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    LeoRavus wrote: »

Probably not. I think everyone who solos the entire raid should all get 1st place rewards. Do it Olympic style. If 15 people tie for first, they all get 1st. And then the next person gets 16th place. Any ties for zeros at the bottom all get last place rewards. No shenanigans with one person soloing, and 49 people tied for 2nd.

Will that ever happen? Nope. It would hurt gear sales. But I like it better than building a solo team and being rewarded with a lottery ticket instead of actually getting good rewards.

Even when I placed first regularly I still had to buy gear since raids tend to give you the same thing over and over. It's kind of a slap in the face to build a good team and take the time to solo the raid and still get a mediocre rank.
  • No because by user id for some reason i was always ranked last. So by random at least is more fair. I m not always last
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    No because by user id for some reason i was always ranked last. So by random at least is more fair. I m not always last

There's still the option to place last though. It's utterly ridiculous for your rank to be left up to RNG. First place is first place. How can you tie for first and still place 15th or any other rank other than 1st.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    there is still the option to place last though.

Of course but there is a difference between being Always last and sometimes last
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I agree. I was told this was mainly done for the 0s. I brought it up that they should.figure out a system that rewards player for development and solos.

Hopefully that doesn't fall on deaf ears
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    there is still the option to place last though.

Of course but there is a difference between being Always last and sometimes last

Yes the rewards system before was horrible, and inexcusably bad. This current system is better, but it's not good at all. It's just less terrible. Nobody suggests we go back to the old way. But there are far better ways.

Also out of 15 people soloing in our guild this week, RNG has randomly selected me to be 15th, 14th, and 15th. So I might be just a tad salty about that. B)
  • The best way with the current game mechanics is the fastest time gets first and so on...
  • LeoRavus wrote: »

Same reward for all, problem solved.

All guild members are supposed to help achieving such content together, there's no point in putting different rewards tiers. We already have Arenas to bring more competition.
  • Win or Die as a guild. I like it!
  • The thought of a single solo and 49 0's makes me cringe. If they build in some kind of DPS threshold to trigger higher rewards in the event of a tie it'd seem to make sense. like Kyno said, hopefully the dev team listens and it doesn't fall on deaf ears!