I like the direction of the game

It's easy to give in the negativity. Drop rates suck. The greed can seem inordinate at times. The character nerfs are hard to swallow.

Overall, big picture, it's hard to argue that what's happening is not working. Players are BEGGING to spend money yet the long term vision is not being compromised to make the quick buck.

For most, this is a game about collection. When you collect all there is to collect the game ends. But since there is a PVP element to the game that corresponds with your ability to collect, things get heated. Coupled with the fact it takes so stinking long to execute a gameplan, when the meta changes, people get rightfully upset.

I do feel the devs are lacking some solid consultation from those that have been there and done that to help with these type of issues, but kudos to them for staying the course. It would be really easy to turn this game into a true money grab.

Replies

• Uh...lots of things are being done to make a quick buck. Namely this event
  • I really like that speed is actually working now. Shift meta in a huge way.
  • Uh...lots of things are being done to make a quick buck. Namely this event

I didn't mean A quick buck. I meant the quick buck as in cashing out. Do you know how much money they could make in a matter of months till the game dies if they truly opened things up?
  • I take back everything I said. I've tried so hard to remain positive amongst all the negativity but GOOD LORDY these drop rates suck now.

I haven't changed anything. If I'm not getting a drop or two after the first couple, I switch to something else. Problem now is that nothing is dropping wherever I go.

My son just started an account and is regularly spending half his bar on an item he only needs 1 of. He's gotten 10 shards of GS in 3 days in cantina.

If my drop rates were this low when I started, I definitely would not be posting now. I've seen the devs say nothing has changed. I call ****.
  • Bingo! My thoughts exactly. Though in truth I should probably thank the devs along with the rng gods. Every time I think to myself, "I'm enjoying the you know what out o' this little game- I should kick a little towards building the squad/team I WANT to play with....."

I am then promptly rewarded with an oh four, which in turn quickly reminds me of the 3/50 I had not to long ago chasing purple hair dryers. Fun stuff, spectacular roi. Though I must admit they had me pretty close to a "rage" purchase towards the tail end of the hair dryer fiasco. Maybe if they tuned the drops to plummet when players need two or less of any given multi-count item they could open up an entirely new and lucrative revenue stream. Just a thought.....
  • Goose wrote: »
    Bingo! My thoughts exactly. Though in truth I should probably thank the devs along with the rng gods. Every time I think to myself, "I'm enjoying the you know what out o' this little game- I should kick a little towards building the squad/team I WANT to play with....."

I am then promptly rewarded with an oh four, which in turn quickly reminds me of the 3/50 I had not to long ago chasing purple hair dryers. Fun stuff, spectacular roi. Though I must admit they had me pretty close to a "rage" purchase towards the tail end of the hair dryer fiasco. Maybe if they tuned the drops to plummet when players need two or less of any given multi-count item they could open up an entirely new and lucrative revenue stream. Just a thought.....

I've never been close to a rage purchase. If I can't get results from the 260 FREE energy I get, it hardly compels me to buy 120 more so I can get more jack and squat. If I'm making progress and don't want to wait.. maybe!
  • I too like the direction of the game. Everyone seems to want every character maxed now but I like working for and waiting for characters and gear.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    This is the perfect example of someones emotional status. They start of positive and a few moments later their droprate sucks and ofcourse a rant is the resolve.
    Again:

El6Hikt.jpg
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Lol this thread is hilarious.
  • d3gauss wrote: »
    Lol this thread is hilarious.

Quite a shift in 1 day. Lol.

"I had ONE bad day of drops!!! This game SUXORSZZZ!!!!!"

Relax. Try again tomorrow. Have fun. Play Star Wars. Sheeeez.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*