Overlooked rework: Stormtrooper Han

Well, I for one saw this rework, and said meh, and moved on with my life to the more important things. Like that Luke guy. However St Hans rework actually was awesome, and made an okay character into a top tier tank. His tm gain on taunt his huge with guys like DN and thrawn. His basic now has a very good chance to give st han turn meter to get to his second taunt surprisingly fast. Anyhow, give this guy a shot, he's pretty sweet

Replies

• He always gave TM with his taunt, and is a great unit. Problem is he needs more than 5% protection gain as his protection is already low for a tank. 10% would have been reasonable for a zeta.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    He'd be great in a Tiepatine type team for P3, but there are definitely better options than that team. But if you didn't have access, I feel like he'd do really well would really like to see that in action.
  • stan is an arena toon again. Not much damage but if added to a team with another tank such as gk, it can be a very competitive team. Would not zeta stan but gives a player added tm to combat those dudes with speed sets 120+. In a very old shard with some op teams. I have no problem moving up daily.
  • Drazz127 wrote: »
    He always gave TM with his taunt, and is a great unit. Problem is he needs more than 5% protection gain as his protection is already low for a tank. 10% would have been reasonable for a zeta.

His zeta isn't necessary for him to be awesome in top tier arena
  • Problem with him is that he doesn't do anything if his taunt is dispelled... which is easily done. DN dispels on basic, CLS dispels and gives buff immunity, Thrawn fractures, Baze has 2 dispels.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    He would have had to have been given tremendous protection regen from his zeta to have made him useful again in high end arena... like 20% or more

Right now with as hard as characters hit and his low hp/ protection... it's pretty much negligible

If he had 20% protection regen at least then he could almost absorb half the damage of most attacks... and would make him very strong against multiple low damage attacking characters...

As it stands he's just not worth the little bit of TM you *might* gain if he survives long enough
    Post edited by Smapty on
  • NicolBolas wrote: »
    Problem with him is that he doesn't do anything if his taunt is dispelled... which is easily done. DN dispels on basic, CLS dispels and gives buff immunity, Thrawn fractures, Baze has 2 dispels.

Yea, he has his fair share of counters, but a lot of guys do. If you get stuck pegging him a few times, that may be enough to sway the tide of battle. Give him a chance
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Mazurka wrote: »
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    Problem with him is that he doesn't do anything if his taunt is dispelled... which is easily done. DN dispels on basic, CLS dispels and gives buff immunity, Thrawn fractures, Baze has 2 dispels.

Yea, he has his fair share of counters, but a lot of guys do. If you get stuck pegging him a few times, that may be enough to sway the tide of battle. Give him a chance

Sure, a lot of guys do, but there are some that don't have a lot . Shoot, RG has less of a counter than STHan. GK is much better, Shore is better, OB better, Baze better.
  • Ender22 wrote: »

Sure, a lot of guys do, but there are some that don't have a lot . Shoot, RG has less of a counter than STHan. GK is much better, Shore is better, OB better, Baze better.

I think you should try out st han before saying shore rg ob and baze are better
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Ender22 wrote: »

I have STHan at g11 with all the trimmings but zeta. He's ok, but not an arena team toon. I'm on 1~3 placed arena rotation. I've seen my share of tanks. I couldn't say for sure OB is better since it's too early for people to have gotten around to him, but I do know his taunt require extra to go around.

I have STHan at g11 with all the trimmings but zeta. He's ok, but not an arena team toon. I'm on 1~3 placed arena rotation. I've seen my share of tanks. I couldn't say for sure OB is better since it's too early for people to have gotten around to him, but I do know his taunt require extra to go around.

I'm saying you should try him in arena, just give him a shot. His main use for me was chirpatine for months and months, and I didn't think of him as an arena toon. I actually discovered him when I tried to nerf my team for a shardmate and it did better than my previous squad. I get 1/2 daily on a dec 15 shard and rarely drop out of the top 10

https://swgoh.gg/u/jadrianlittle/
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I would be thrilled to face a team that wastes a spot on STHan. I have three characters who could dispel his taunt, at which point he would stand there and do pretty much nothing.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member

I'm saying you should try him in arena, just give him a shot. His main use for me was chirpatine for months and months, and I didn't think of him as an arena toon. I actually discovered him when I tried to nerf my team for a shardmate and it did better than my previous squad. I get 1/2 daily on a dec 15 shard and rarely drop out of the top 10

https://swgoh.gg/u/jadrianlittle/

Well hot ****, that is definitely something worth looking into.

What is your full arena team?
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Napoli wrote: »

Just got it to CLS, Zolo, R2zD2, GK, and Thrawn
    Napoli wrote: »

Just got it to CLS, Zolo, R2zD2, GK, and Thrawn

What were you using with STH though that allowed you to place so high?
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Oh no, I never used him to get there. Was only trying to use evidence of my understanding of Arena. To back up my claim that I should understand that sTHan isn't ideal for Arena. Mazurka has a better claim of understanding and backs STHan. Perhaps someday I'll try it too, once I have a team that matches his style and usage
  • Mazurka wrote: »
    Drazz127 wrote: »
    He always gave TM with his taunt, and is a great unit. Problem is he needs more than 5% protection gain as his protection is already low for a tank. 10% would have been reasonable for a zeta.

His zeta isn't necessary for him to be awesome in top tier arena

I use him in my FTP arena lineup. He's great on offense, and I mentioned he's great. He's not fantastic on defense though, but it would be nice if his zeta was worthwhile.
  • CHB
    1 posts Member
    I have a questions about his unique. The description says that there's 10% TMR when he's damaged at level 7. and it also says that 15% TMR when he's damaged at level 8. 5% TM suddenly added to his unique at level 8. Do you guys think this is typo? or does it actually reduce 15% TM?
  • CHB wrote: »
    I have a questions about his unique. The description says that there's 10% TMR when he's damaged at level 7. and it also says that 15% TMR when he's damaged at level 8. 5% TM suddenly added to his unique at level 8. Do you guys think this is typo? or does it actually reduce 15% TM?

Can't confirm. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who did that zeta
  • Please no more rebel buffs
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    At top tier arena, he is not good enough. No taunts will last nowadays with manual taunts because so many characters have dispels that they just waste their taunts. Yes, STH does have some good abilities and can probably win on offense, but he is not a threat whatsoever on defense, and the zeta will not change that for arena.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • He's always been a part of my arena team. And I noticed myselfv staying in the top 100 the past week or 2, but that probably also has to do with making my Biggs G9 and Wedge G10.
  • ponce104 wrote: »
    He's always been a part of my arena team. And I noticed myselfv staying in the top 100 the past week or 2, but that probably also has to do with making my Biggs G9 and Wedge G10.

3/5. I almost gave a serious response. But no.