Debuffs (and buffs) - which ones stack, do they extend?

Is there a reference (preferably something official/authoritative) showing which debuffs stack? (i.e. which ones I can have multiple of the same item on one character).
And likewise for buffs.

It would also help to have some kind of rationale so we can guess which ones will/won't stack.

e.g., Damage over time stacks (can have multiple), but burning (which also does damage over time) does not. (Seems strange).
There are some others which stack, but not sure what they all are.
(And going forward would be nice to know about new buffs/debuffs.)

Does hitting somebody with a duplicate, non-stacking buff/debuff of longer duration extend the time that the buff/debuff is in effect?
e.g., if they stunned for 1 turn, and I hit them with a stun for 2 turns. What happens, does the stun get extended to 2 turns? Or does the initial stun prevent the later stun from landing, so they are still just stunned for 1 turn.

Replies

• Damba_Ba
    84 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Off the top of my head, DoTs thermal detonators and exposes are the only debuffs that stack, and HoTs are the only buffs that stack
  • Options
    Tarkin's potency is supposed to stack, but I only see one buff.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Tarkin's Potency stacking is not shown as a buff.
  • Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    Tarkin's potency is supposed to stack, but I only see one buff.

Because the visible buff comes from his special ability, "Intimidation Tactics"" which expires after 3 turns, whereas his primary omega skill is a passive buff that stacks invisibly.

Generally, "special" damaging debufs (shock, burn) don't stack, but "generic" ones (DoTs, Expose) do. Almost with out exception, status modifiers don't stack (defense down, speed down etc)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Damba_Ba wrote: »
    Off the top of my head, DoTs thermal detonators and exposes are the only debuffs that stack, and HoTs are the only buffs that stack

can't think of any other (de)buffs that stack either.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Thanks for the Tarkington explanation. It being invisible is good, since it can't be ripped off. It's just hard to tell if it's working