I kept fighting the same uber team in GW

After CLS introduction, the last 4 nodes of my GW became hellish. For the last few days, the last node is always CLS-R2-Thrawn-DN-GK. And that's after going through a slew of highly modded rebel teams = variations of Wiggs x Baze. And the rewards (STILL) aren't exactly lucrative.

Replies

• dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I fight that team at nodes six, nine, and eleven. I can get through them twice, but the third time is a bit tricky, as the first fight clears out all the protection and the second one kills one or two of mine. I don't have a full A team left for the third go round, and it really takes some luck, as the B teams don't stand a chance.
  • Tamonizer wrote: »
    After CLS introduction, the last 4 nodes of my GW became hellish. For the last few days, the last node is always CLS-R2-Thrawn-DN-GK. And that's after going through a slew of highly modded rebel teams = variations of Wiggs x Baze. And the rewards (STILL) aren't exactly lucrative.

Preach. Yesterday I faced that team THREE times (nodes 6, 9, and 11). What used to be fun is now sucking my soul, node by node.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • HorishBathens
    631 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I hear ya. It's definitely NOT becoming more enjoyable, over time. Where I used to look forward to GW for the variation in team composition, I now don't even do it because where's the enjoyment of fighting some combination of Wiggs, Chaze, and CLS over and over again. The CLS train began on node 3 the last time I did GW, for crying out loud.

And at the end of that train is some nonsense 99.45 collection score lady running CLS, GK, GAT, R2, DN with about $2k worth of mods. Challenge is fine, non-stop impossible is wonderful.
    Post edited by HorishBathens on
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    I rather face the CLS lead,Kenobi...resistance crew with thrawn control that battle...now Maul lead with kylo is a pain especially when you see it twice in the same GW.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    I've been using Wedge L, Biggs, R2, CLS, and zHan for GW lately, and this can beat every team I face in GW. Daily, I usually get 2-3 nodes of some combo of CLS, Thrawn, Chaze, GK, Zariss, DN, DT, Shore, R2, etc and it is not difficult. Much of that can be attributed to zHan though for sure.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Moved to Feedback/GW.
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    Tamonizer wrote: »

Preach. Yesterday I faced that team THREE times (nodes 6, 9, and 11).
    No you didn't! Confirmation bias! :)

Worst case I have ever seen!

CaptainRex wrote: »

Worst case I have ever seen!

Not in the slightest. As I resisted the urge to throw my phone against a wall again and again, I was very careful to examine what team I was facing.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • zombiwan_kenobi
    427 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    It's definitely time to finally fix this **** content.

First it's all but friendly to new players, i mean the newer you are the more likely you are to face an overpowered team. I'm sick of facing the same old arena meta i can't win against even if i throw my entire roster at them.
    I barely have a full gXI team, my mods aren't that powerful thanks to bad rng, i only have 2 zetas, i don't even have unlocked GK yet.

What i am facing now ? A full zeta'ed Luke/R2 + what's worse around (Choose between Thrawn, GK, Nihilus, Chaze). Every single day since CLS implementation and Luke definitely made it worse since he's making such teams way tougher and more agressive. Every day it's the same team, that's what CG has in mind when they desperately try to define what "fun" means ?

GWs are no fun anymore, this broken nodes are now way too difficult to beat (and i had very few issues previously). With overpowered mods and full zeta, i can't beat them, plain and simple.

Second i don't even want to hear about Resistance, you know what ? I was building such team before i had to farm Luke. Building an entire Resistance team takes time, LOTS of time. And it also needs a zeta, which are rare as hell and also quite slow to farm. So i certainly will have a resistance team in 2 months, but if not gXI they'll also be crushed by such teams. Good luck surviving a full zeta'ed Luke with a countering team.

GWs are totally broken balance wise, top tier players are facing lvl 1 toons and new players are facing top arena 2 years old account players, so please fix it. It was already broken but the more overpowered toons will be implemented the worst this content will become. Luke definitely is the cherry at the top of the cake.

Bring more diversity, fun and fix the **** balance issues.