Congratulations you drove away another player.

Prev13
Until yesterday I had spent over £500, which is more than $700.

Despite this spending many parts of the game are too difficult to be enjoyable or even achieved.

Last night I tried to rectify this by spending another £300.

The reward for this was next to nothing.

All that has happened is Galactic War is even more difficult.

The reward you get for improving your roster is an even more difficult GW. Top level arena squads from battle 3 onwards is not enjoyable. Level 70 squads being blasted out of the park in round 4 is not enjoyable.

Dropping £300 and getting no top level characters and a load of wasted junk shards is not enjoyable and a waste of money.

Making GW, which is main way you can improve yet more spending close to impossible is not enjoyable.

The ever increasing difficulty of GW without increased rewards is not enjoyable.

Replies

• Darthbinks
    232 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    edited
  • Options
    What irritates me the most about GW is the way they have rendered any sort of 'b sqaud' type characters a complete irrelevance.

Anything other than fully geared, 7* level 70 characters are nothing but cannon fodder from three onwards.

I don't expect a 5* level 70 gear level 6 Yoda for example to be of much use in the last few rounds of GW, but when you are facing top 20 arena standard teams from round three onwards then that type of character is down in one assisted hit before you've even had a turn.

You would need 10 full to standard arena teams to complete GW with the opponents I get now.

50 fully geared, starred and levelled characters.
  • Options
    Is the main reason for playing a game not for the challenge? I personally feel more satisfaction when I have won something after having to try hard than if it is a walk in the park.

Yes GW is hard to beat but why do players think that it should be beatable every day. There is always a loser in a war, sometimes the game and sometimes you, and this is how it should be.

• Options
    Spending that much GW should be a piece of cake. How long have you been playing this game? I've been playing since the end of Nov and have close to 70 completions. No where near a whale, maybe 200 spent.

You have to use fodder for some battles, and use two healers...staggering the healers as needed.

Anyhow, welcome to the forums, and bye I guess.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Nutteralex
    449 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Post edited by WillowStar on
  • Options
    rs2mark wrote: »
    Is the main reason for playing a game not for the challenge? I personally feel more satisfaction when I have won something after having to try hard than if it is a walk in the park.

Yes GW is hard to beat but why do players think that it should be beatable every day. There is always a loser in a war, sometimes the game and sometimes you, and this is how it should be.

+10
  • Options
    They catch people on impulse buys. Chromium is for addicts or those who really are desperate to be on top with a 7*Rey. When I blow $100 it's on strippers or bar tab with my GF and I feel better about myself lol. I feel like a dork when I spend $20 on a chromium pack and my Garunteed player is IG-88.
    Game should be challenging. The min you are just pressing buttons the interest is lost
  • Options

I have played since global launch.

It used to be a challenge, it's now an impossibility.

The more money you spend the more difficult GW becomes until it reaches this stage.

I have a very strong roster and have finished no.1 in arena many times. So I guess I'm on the top ring of the GW matchmaking difficulty.

Every opponent I face from round 3 onwards is one I could face we in high level arena. I have two probably three teams that can beat this level of opponent.

But beating them with enough health left over to take on a similar opponent in the round after and the round after for 10 rounds is our of the question,especially since they removed the tactical retreat options.
  • Options
    Byeeee
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Amish_Ace wrote: »
    Spending that much GW should be a piece of cake. How long have you been playing this game? I've been playing since the end of Nov and have close to 70 completions. No where near a whale, maybe 200 spent.

You have to use fodder for some battles, and use two healers...staggering the healers as needed.

Anyhow, welcome to the forums, and bye I guess.

I do use fodder. But even level 70 fodder is no longer enough to sustain more than a round of attacks and certainly not make a dint in the opponent.

Fodder is irrelevant in the world where your opponent gets every proc every time, can one shot kill, has multiple assist and counter attacks.
  • rs2mark
    16 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    MackemSLAM wrote: »

The more money you spend the more difficult GW becomes until it reaches this stage.

I have a very strong roster and have finished no.1 in arena many times. So I guess I'm on the top ring of the GW matchmaking difficulty.

Every opponent I face from round 3 onwards is one I could face we in high level arena. I have two probably three teams that can beat this level of opponent.

But beating them with enough health left over to take on a similar opponent in the round after and the round after for 10 rounds is our of the question,especially since they removed the tactical retreat options.

I've been playing since Christmas and also face the same level 70 teams from round 3 through a GW and yes it's hard. Some days I fail but most days I get there through dogged perseverance, and retreating a lot, to fine the combination of characters and turns that will get me through the battle in a fit enough state to fight the next.

Maybe you need more healers in your roster?
    Post edited by rs2mark on
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    If you use that £1000 on refill you probably already in the top 5spot. Why? i have been playing since Dec 1 and brought dooku pack & $5 sub and im already in top50 usually around 20-30 rank.

Those packs are just RIP OFF. You probably need few thousand dollar per 7* You need 320shards total for a 7* heroes. Unlocked some rare heroe like Leia, Ben, Maul not going to help you beat this game. It actually beat your wallet and drain your money down to the toilet.

Think about it. Even you unlock Maul(80shard) at 4* you still need 240shards.. Assumed each Chromium pack drop Maul everytime that only contains 10 shards and you still need 24 packs!! Average is $16 per 8pack, and you will need 24packs and you need 100% pull. What is the odd you pull 100% for Maul shards?

The chance is low because we have over 70 Heroes, plus Maul is rare heroes. So your are looking for under 2- 5% chance..

• Options
    Just imagine GW is kryptonite, as to your spending = superman.
  • Options
    Why doesn't the OP just retreat if all of his A team don't survive the middle rounds?

I too face full 7* level 70 teams in the middle rounds. I just retreat and differ my tactics. I don't retreat in the last 3 rounds just to keep a challenge in there.
  • Options

I've been playing since Christmas and also face the same level 70 teams from round 3 through a GW and yes it's hard. Some days I fail but most days I get there through dooged perseverance, and retreating a lot, to fine the combination of characters and turns that will get me through the battle in a fit enough state to fight the next.

Maybe you need more healers in your roster?

I used to put some toons low lvl just to die and force the opponents to use special skills lmao, it works very well, and I do a lot of retreat too.
    GW is the best table in the game, bro, I'm lvl 70 and top rank too, we faced the same problem, but actually I win almost every day. Try to do that we're saying to you, for sure will be so much better.
  • Options
    Of all the complaints from people ready to quit, I would place GW as the most improbable reason. There are numbers of tips and ways to clear GW. If someone has made the mistake of focusing on a very limited roster, it might be impossible to clear GW. It won't be impossible to work on correcting that mistake. It'll take time or money, patience and knowledge about the toons and meta, but it won't be impossible.

Methinks, this game is not for you. You can't expect to win GW every time just because you spent money. The spending has to have a purpose. You definitely should stop wasting your money and find another game. Best of luck.
  • Options

I agree
  • Options
    If you are spending this much money most of the characters in GW are useless and you can get better. And there are a million other ways to get shards that are even easier. I am sure you are finishing pretty high in Arena if you have a fully leveled level 70 squad.
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Byeeee

I think you meant to say "byeee Felicia"
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Copy this strategy and it will be easy win everyday:

Team A: QGJ, Barris, Lumi, Yoda, Rey
    Team B: Phasma, Sidious, Kylo, Daka, FOTP
    Team C: Ackbar, Leia, Dooku, Ewok Elder, Poe
    Team D : HK-47, Poggle, GS, IG-86, IG-88
    Team E: Ima-Gun Di, CT-5555, FO Stormtrooper, Fisto, Aayla

Of course, everybody with proper gear, level and stars.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Ohh my I forgot to make a thread about how unfair it was that after a streak of 50, I could not complete it yesterday, as all of the opponants where extreemly strong. :joy:

Come on, that happens, and so what, it is suposed to be a huge challange to complete it, yesterday my toons just could not cut it, thats it, only thing it means is I need more stong upgraded toons, and is that not the point of the game?

Game on and you will prevail, for f2p it might just takes a little longer

Happy gaming
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    To OP: I understand your frustration and on certain days GW can be extremely hard. It takes time to build the right teams and toons to handle it. Do you have Old Ben unlocked from the packs you bought? One simple character like him... at maybe level 60.. vii gear, skills not even maxed, can give you an easy win on one of the hard node 9-11 matches. Use his jedi mind trick and then let him get wiped. Or better yet, use his 2 turn cripple to win the match and then let him get wiped in the next match.
  • Options
    So you spent over $1000 on a mobile game.
    Well, there's your problem...
  • Options
    podian wrote: »
    So you spent over $1000 on a mobile game.
    Well, there's your problem...

+1
  • Options
    I beat GW every day. I use QGJ, Lumi, Bariss, JC and leia. Heal for the win... I can autoplay the first half with that crew
  • Options
    Nutteralex wrote: »
    You spent 800euros and still suck....wow L2P

This. Exactly.

Bye Felicia.
  • Options
    What irritates me the most about GW is the way they have rendered any sort of 'b sqaud' type characters a complete irrelevance.

Anything other than fully geared, 7* level 70 characters are nothing but cannon fodder from three onwards.

I don't expect a 5* level 70 gear level 6 Yoda for example to be of much use in the last few rounds of GW, but when you are facing top 20 arena standard teams from round three onwards then that type of character is down in one assisted hit before you've even had a turn.

You would need 10 full to standard arena teams to complete GW with the opponents I get now.

50 fully geared, starred and levelled characters.

Your B squad statements are incorrect. I faced maxed out 70 teams my whole run. While Phasma who runs my B team is 7* gear 8 all abilities maxed, the others are only 5-6* gear 7. My NS team Ventress and Daka are 7* gear 8, Initiate 6* gear 7, Talia 5* gear 6(7 today) Acolyte 5* gear 6. My droid squad none are 7* only 86 is 6* Poe 5* gear 8, Poggle 5* gear 6(7 today) HK and 88 5* gear 7 and they all have their uses. Strategic planning on how to attack is vital.

I mean heck my main team I run through has 2 that are only 5* on it,lol. Like I said I face pretty much all 7* 70's teams. I get an easy run here/there where only like 6-8 are that.

I also am flexible. I'll swap out one from my A with a B or C, or swap out my leader for a different. If I need more heal and control I'll sit my gear 9 Max GS and pop in Grandma Daka. Know your synergies and you can do just fine. Use the tools the game gives you. Outthink the AI. (See my Super Dooku AI post from yesterday) Just gotta deal.

Oh and to steal my friend the wookies line I'd like to welcome you to the forum.

If you are leaving can I have your stuff?
  • Options
    Just kill of those heal immunity characters first. IF poggle and plasma Arne in they must die first
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Lmfao at capped out players with lvl70 teams that cant handle GW.

This just blows my mind because my team is average at best and i breeze through it daily with no issues. Generally i dont even need to sub out a toon and make it through with just my starting 5.

Its far far too easy to even be considered a mild challenge. A few times a week i do need to sub a toon or retreat but overall its just free, fast currency with minimal effort.

• Options
    Awesome. I got a squad with guys 15 and 16 levels higher than me.

I'd love to progress more, ya know...if I could get any mats from GW any time soon.

For those of you talking that "it's supposed to be hard" nonsense....which one of you fought a team of level 86s today? None? Oh ok...tell me again how easy it is for you because that helps when I can't get past the 5th fight for the past 4 days.