Galactic War

GW is an absolute joke now! 3 matches in and I'm getting level 70 7 star teams with some of the strongest characters around. I usually breeze through this but did notice it's a lot harder since the new patch, but today's GW is beyond stupid! From 3 to 9 apart from 1 match they were all lvl70 7 star charas and on the 9th I got wiped on my main 5s team with out even making a turn... I was about 3 moves in doing ok ish.. Then all of a sudden this phasma team wiped me! I'm not even f2p I spend around £20 a month which leaves me with a decent mains team and a few other half decent extras. I feel like this is just a sly push to force us into spending more £ for more characters and the credits to level them. For me atleast it's having the opposite effect I just won't spend a thing now, which is a shame as I enjoyed the game a lot.

Replies

• I'm level 70 and the toughest team I faced today was level 67 on node 11.
  • Same here. I lovede the old ways. But now it is just areana where you can make do overs if it is going badly. And 8-12 arena battles in a row is no fun. Ad the fact that you need at least 1-2 maybe 3 replacements between battles
  • Reading back what I said, don't get me wrong, I want it to be a challenge and it has been most times. Some nodes taking a lot of retreats and planning to pass through without losing someone, but to meet the teams I am 5-6 times in a row is impossible for me in this new patch until I max all my characters
  • I think it depends on the server shard you are allocated, if you are on a popular server with active players many will be whales with full teams of sevens stars and this is the pool you are matched up against. If ypu are lucky you are on a shard without many high profiles and then you have a much easier match up. Same as in soccer. Much easier to qulifie for world cup if you are from asia than europe og south america. And that is the biggest problem of this game i think. Some finds it super easy but they don't know they are playing in kiddie pool. Others hate quit because they are up against crazy teams all the time and they have no other way to keep up than spending several 1000 $. Unless EA come up with a system to average the servers then i think the game will die.
    My self i will stop bying now and just put game on auto to harvest daily and start playing again when new FUN content become available. Sorry for rant but nice to get steam out
  • Today was my worst GW day yet. Only made it to nose 7. The team I faced was actually lower level but fully starred and purpled out. I threw everything but the kitchen sink at them. Left them down to their Sid but that's the best I could do. It was a Phasma team (aren't they all) and the bonus attacked procced on all but one round. I don't care what they say, AI procs a ton more.
    One of the frustrating things about the new GW is the healing immunity. EVERY team has a maxxed out Sid and a lot of them have a Kylo. With some Phasma procs and Sids dodge, it's not uncommon to have several members of your team with it on you. You can't pass your turn and you can't sub in any more so you end up killing them before you can heal. So now you go limping in to the next fight and the weak ones get AOEd or focus fired and you start losing toons here and there. I know...learn to Barris, etc. but that heal has a cool down and the light saber in her hand might as well be a pool noodle.
    Anyways, some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.
  • Barriss is a virtual must. She's not in the team to do damage, just to heal around the immunities
    If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez
  • Monkeyman wrote: »
    Barriss is a virtual must. She's not in the team to do damage, just to heal around the immunities

I don't use Bariss and I'm on a 40+ consecutive GW winning streak.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    I'm level 70 and the toughest team I faced today was level 67 on node 11.

what's your twelfth node like? I used to get pretty easy teams until one day it suddenly became much harder and I wasn't able to complete for days in a row.
    I think it depends on the server shard you are allocated, if you are on a popular server with active players many will be whales with full teams of sevens stars and this is the pool you are matched up against. If ypu are lucky you are on a shard without many high profiles and then you have a much easier match up. Same as in soccer. Much easier to qulifie for world cup if you are from asia than europe og south america. And that is the biggest problem of this game i think. Some finds it super easy but they don't know they are playing in kiddie pool. Others hate quit because they are up against crazy teams all the time and they have no other way to keep up than spending several 1000 $. Unless EA come up with a system to average the servers then i think the game will die.
    My self i will stop bying now and just put game on auto to harvest daily and start playing again when new FUN content become available. Sorry for rant but nice to get steam out

In my server I'm second highest in level. When I was level 50s I used to get matched up with 10-15 levels higher so those people are not from same server as there is only one person higher level than me by one.
    Ewakawaka wrote: »
    Today was my worst GW day yet. Only made it to nose 7. The team I faced was actually lower level but fully starred and purpled out. I threw everything but the kitchen sink at them. Left them down to their Sid but that's the best I could do. It was a Phasma team (aren't they all) and the bonus attacked procced on all but one round. I don't care what they say, AI procs a ton more.
    One of the frustrating things about the new GW is the healing immunity. EVERY team has a maxxed out Sid and a lot of them have a Kylo. With some Phasma procs and Sids dodge, it's not uncommon to have several members of your team with it on you. You can't pass your turn and you can't sub in any more so you end up killing them before you can heal. So now you go limping in to the next fight and the weak ones get AOEd or focus fired and you start losing toons here and there. I know...learn to Barris, etc. but that heal has a cool down and the light saber in her hand might as well be a pool noodle.
    Anyways, some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.

I face countless Sids as well. They keep dodging attacks and make characters unhealable by JC/Lumi/Talia. Only recourse is health equalisation from Bariss.
    Monkeyman wrote: »
    Barriss is a virtual must. She's not in the team to do damage, just to heal around the immunities

Thanks to her I've completed many GW which would have been impossible without.
  • Reyia wrote: »
    I'm level 70 and the toughest team I faced today was level 67 on node 11.

what's your twelfth node like? I used to get pretty easy teams until one day it suddenly became much harder and I wasn't able to complete for days in a row

It will probably only make you angry. My 12th node was level 58s.
  • Monkeyman wrote: »

It's not even healing I'm having problems with, I have 7* fully geared lumi and 6* fully geared jc and 5* fully geared data my guys are always topped! Plus I can usually kill sid before he gets immunity up, sometimes a struggle with Kylo in team also. It's just the teams I'm coming up against are just one shotting people with fully starred, geared, top tier characters
  • JamieT wrote: »
    GW is an absolute joke now! 3 matches in and I'm getting level 70 7 star teams with some of the strongest characters around. I usually breeze through this but did notice it's a lot harder since the new patch, but today's GW is beyond stupid! From 3 to 9 apart from 1 match they were all lvl70 7 star charas and on the 9th I got wiped on my main 5s team with out even making a turn... I was about 3 moves in doing ok ish.. Then all of a sudden this phasma team wiped me! I'm not even f2p I spend around £20 a month which leaves me with a decent mains team and a few other half decent extras. I feel like this is just a sly push to force us into spending more £ for more characters and the credits to level them. For me atleast it's having the opposite effect I just won't spend a thing now, which is a shame as I enjoyed the game a lot.

I feel ya.. this is how my day has been so far.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/12816/its-going-to-be-along-day-in-the-gw#latest
  • Before the previous update I completed one GW out of every 10, if I was lucky. I had a couple of rough days just after the patch but since then I've completed every single GW, and about 3/4 of them without losing anyone. My main team is all level 65. Luminara 7, Darth Sidious 7, Jedi Consular 5, Count Dooku 5, Old Daka 5.

I tend to only face the tricky teams that you're describing in the last third or so of the nodes. It really does seem to be luck of the draw. Sometimes there's a high end, full-purple team about halfway through or nearer the end, but overall the progression is very smooth.

I agree that healing immunity is the killer, though - especially since I don't have Bariss Offee (yet). I also agree that being able to pass your turn would be excellent, even if it set you back by 5-10% turn meter or so - it would open up further tactical opportunities, and make it easier to manage your heals. Too often I've been forced to attack Count Dooku with a nearly-dead unit and get countered to death :(
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    No Bariss. I clear GW every day. No Chromium only toons. Lvl 70, ranked 6 today, usually in the 20/50 category.

Wife has droids as A squad with only 88 at 7 stars (yesterday). 4 and 5 stars Bariss and Lumi respectively, gear 5 or 6. Rest are 4 stars or less and none at her max levels. Lvl 63, top rank 9 in her server. Hasn't lost the past 10 GWs, at the minimum.

The trick I think is keeping an eye on CDs and being amenable to 1 kill suicide squads and cannon fodder.

Edit: Forgot to add, use the retreat button to play the RNG system.

• Ouch.. I don't mind coming up against say 2 of them teams and that's where I usually send in poe to take a beating, but it's relentless lately. Coming up against 7 of them teams in a row today soon cleared me out :(

• No Bariss. I clear GW every day. No Chromium only toons. Lvl 70, ranked 6 today, usually in the 20/50 category.

Wife has droids as A squad with only 88 at 7 stars (yesterday). 4 and 5 stars Bariss and Lumi respectively, gear 5 or 6. Rest are 4 stars or less and none at her max levels. Lvl 63, top rank 9 in her server. Hasn't lost the past 10 GWs, at the minimum.

The trick I think is keeping an eye on CDs and being amenable to 1 kill suicide squads and cannon fodder.

This is not a case of mismanaged CDs or poor preparation. I manage CDs very well and always retreat even when on gaurenteed wins so I can finish a different way with more CDs ready for next match. I've been fully completing GW since last year but since the patch its the lvl70 fully starred and gear top tier teams that you start getting from node 3-4 until 10-11. Until today I've lucky managed to still scrape through but today the teams were beyond a joke
  • JamieT
    14 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    2dwhi0y.png

These are the teams I'm meeting and every one was like that from node 3 till I got fully wiped at node 9... I think it was node 6 that was a lvl69 but still fully geared and starred
  • JamieT wrote: »
    No Bariss. I clear GW every day. No Chromium only toons. Lvl 70, ranked 6 today, usually in the 20/50 category.

This is not a case of mismanaged CDs or poor preparation. I manage CDs very well and always retreat even when on gaurenteed wins so I can finish a different way with more CDs ready for next match. I've been fully completing GW since last year but since the patch its the lvl70 fully starred and gear top tier teams that you start getting from node 3-4 until 10-11. Until today I've lucky managed to still scrape through but today the teams were beyond a joke

Not saying you mismanage anything. I can't say that without being in your position as the game is random, not some fixed difficulty matches for all players. You read me wrong. I was pointing out the scenario from where I'm standing at and sharing tips that come in handy for us. Who knows, I might lose today! And you might start winning the next GW onwards.

Btw, most everybody gets those kinda opponents too if you read the various threads on the topic. According to the devs, you are not supposed to win every GW. You can but it's going to be hard.
  • Yeh thats what I'm saying I've manage when getting opponents like that before usually 2-3 nodes some where between nodes 6-7-8-9-10 I have teams like that. Which is good and challenging to come out with your full team at reasonable health. Sometimes you have to put a lot of time and retreats into completing it, I like that. But meeting 7 of them teams in a row is not fun and impossible to navigate your team through because unless your spending a fortune to have a good strong bench team your stuffed.
  • Over the last 2 weeks I've completed around 85% of my GW matches. I usually come across 2 nodes (6 or 7th and then again somewhere between the 9th and 11th) that I need to use a suicide squad. Plus I lose one of my 'A' team toons in the process.