Will there be a Villains journey ?

Will there be a balance in the force? Or is this just a Luke thing, will the dark side get a similar event?

Replies

• Options
    Maybe Anakins path to the Dark Side. Could come with Mace, Vader, and Palpatine reworks. Maybe Jango could be a reward? Him or Padme.
  • IE4TAPPL3S
    482 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Maybe Anakins path to the Dark Side. Could come with Mace, Vader, and Palpatine reworks. Maybe Jango could be a reward? Him or Padme.

Or upgrade to a pre suit vader with the sith hood?
  • Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

Good thoughts. I was thinking who the reward toons could be.
  • NoahScape
    126 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Doubt it... this company has a kitten for rebels
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Options
    NoahScape wrote: »
    Doubt it... this company has a hard-on for rebels

Yeah, but they had the sand to troll us all with that Chewie shard that one time. Classic.
  • Options
    Kinda like how at first they trolled us with Luke in August and it turned out to be real?
  • Options
    Unless I'm mistaken they seem to alternate between light and dark side legendaries. I believe Yoda was first, then Palp, R2, Thrawn and finally Luke. If this pattern holds, then the next legendary type toon should be a dark side toon.
  • Options
    A dark side character from the new movie would be nice.
  • Options
    Dark reven
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    i just dont see Anakin. We already have the ultimate version of Anakin...
    it's Vader
    . I culd see Rey. Or, if Kylo comes back to the light and becomes Ben, then perhaps they could do it with him. Ahsoka could have been a possibility, but they already released ATF. TBH, I don't think there's a current character in SW that deserves this type of event outside of Luke.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Sith Anakin would be sweet. Could be an abbreviated version of the story? Ex:

Podracing Anakin - needs QGJ, Padme, JarJar, R2? and another PM character to unlock?
    Padawan Ani - uses Jedi and Clones from AotC - Kit, Eeth Koth, etc. to unlock.
    RotS Sith Anakin - Mustafar Robes/Obi fight. Needs GK, Padme, a nemodian, mace, sidious, etc to unlock?

Idk just some brainstorming. We already have early episode 3 Anakin, but a DS Anakin would be cool.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I think the Devs alluded to doing something like that in the galactic war report podcast. Could be light or dark side.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options

It's not like they're the largest and oldest faction in Star War history, huh?
  • Options
    It is either going to be Rey Or Kylo. At this point I would assume Rey. the event would probably include. Rey,
    Finn, Poe, R2 and maybe a reworked Chewy with multiple tags like R2. But I think they would have to release a BB-8 in order to do the event.

Kylo would be more difficult, unless its his return to the Light side but either way we are still short on charters.

But EA will always jump at the opportunity to fatten their wallets so why not both?
  • Atren
    1 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Only dark sider with similar story would be Emperor himself, from local senator (I think that was his rank at first) to Emperor Palpatine. Problem is that Emperor already is in the game.
  • Options
    Revan's character journey would be pretty sweet.
  • Options
    The dark side snoke can be the big after december movie is released
  • Options
    Dretzle wrote: »

Movies only. You clearly don't know anything beyond what's presented on the screen.
  • Options
    Snoke...
  • Options
    cuyler41 wrote: »
    Will there be a balance in the force? Or is this just a Luke thing, will the dark side get a similar event?

Didn't you hear? Territory battles will be light side only, with the Rebels winning on Hoth, they've thrown the book and I doubt some of these Devs have even watched the movies at this point. Dark side is only on this game for the light side to fight, it's an afterthought- they don't even try with dark side anymore. Welcome to Star Wars: Galaxy of Rebels
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • Options
    I want a no-limbs Anakin
  • Options
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Dretzle wrote: »

Movies only. You clearly don't know anything beyond what's presented on the screen.

I've watched all movies, both canon TV shows, and read a number of books. I knew who Thrawn was before he was ever hinted at in the game.

However,

Rebels are still the oldest faction in Star Wars history. 4 out of 8 of the movies and 1 out of 2 of the TV shows were entirely focused on Rebels. The empire was in there to be the bad guy we're rooting for the heroes to take out. The majority of screen time was focused on rebels. The newest movie itself, Rogue One, introduced to us 1 new empire character (3 if you count Deathtroopers and Shoretroopers, but no new named characters beyond Krennic), and 6+ Rebel characters (named, not even counting interesting aliens like Bistan and Pao and trooper types like Scariff Rebel Pathfinder).

The majority of fans out there do not know anything beyond what's presented on the screen. It does make sense to have a healthy amount of the most famous heroic faction available for new players to want to build to play with. Darth Revan will attract a number of Star Wars fans. Commander Luke will attract all of them.

It's the same argument with every overarching Star Wars game like this I've ever played. Complaints that the light side (or in this case, rebels specifically) get too much love from the devs, forgetting that those are the best option to appeal to the widest audience due to the entire structure of the whole franchise.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Your subject title is the name for the career path at SWGOH. just kidding :p

megaman-lol-death-06082015.gif
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Options
    I could see a similar style event, though it wouldn't be the Villain's Journey. It would be more like the Villain's Legend.

Take a new Vader, for instance. In my opinion, his legend would require the following characters:

Sidious
    Palpatine
    Tarkin
    Thrawn
    Original Vader

The first stage would be Vader and Sidious, against some random Jedi on a randomly generated planet. Symbolic of hunting down the remaining Jedi.

The second stage would be Vader with Thrawn, crushing members of the Rebellion. These members would include Phoenix Squadron, generic rebels, and perhaps a couple random Jedi. This stage symbolizes the time period of Phoenix Squadron's activity in the show Rebels, but focusing on the successes of the Empire in that time.

The third stage would be Vader and Tarkin against waves of assorted Rebel troops. This would be on ship walkways, and represent the end of Rogue One.

The fourth stage would be Vader with event Stormtroopers fighting on the Tantive IV. Culminating in a showdown with Captain Antilles.

The Fifth stage would be Vader alone, fighting Old Ben. Very similar to the fifth stage of the Hero's Journey event.

The final stage would be Vader, the Emperor, Tarkin, and Thrawn, in a battle that never occurred, destroying a wide and impressive number of Rebel targets.
  • Silky
    522 posts Member
    Options
    If it's Vader we better get baby and teenage Anakin first to unlock him.
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Options
    Corrog wrote: »
    I could see a similar style event, though it wouldn't be the Villain's Journey. It would be more like the Villain's Legend.

Take a new Vader, for instance. In my opinion, his legend would require the following characters:

Sidious
    Palpatine
    Tarkin
    Thrawn
    Original Vader

The first stage would be Vader and Sidious, against some random Jedi on a randomly generated planet. Symbolic of hunting down the remaining Jedi.

The second stage would be Vader with Thrawn, crushing members of the Rebellion. These members would include Phoenix Squadron, generic rebels, and perhaps a couple random Jedi. This stage symbolizes the time period of Phoenix Squadron's activity in the show Rebels, but focusing on the successes of the Empire in that time.

The third stage would be Vader and Tarkin against waves of assorted Rebel troops. This would be on ship walkways, and represent the end of Rogue One.

The fourth stage would be Vader with event Stormtroopers fighting on the Tantive IV. Culminating in a showdown with Captain Antilles.

The Fifth stage would be Vader alone, fighting Old Ben. Very similar to the fifth stage of the Hero's Journey event.

The final stage would be Vader, the Emperor, Tarkin, and Thrawn, in a battle that never occurred, destroying a wide and impressive number of Rebel targets.

I'd take Doctor Aphra over two Palpatines. She could also have synergies with the new Vader.
  • JTM48
    33 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    They should do an execute order 66 journey with EP and the clones. EP has to kill Tiin, Calor and Fisto, then battle Mace windu to get his zeta ability. After words clones battle the rest of the Jedi. Then EP battles yoda and Anakin battles GK.

Went else is the flash event rewards 66k, right?