Fix this or explain it

I haven't won a fleet arena battle in over a month. Before that it was win some lose some. I dropped 200 spots in one night and can't get it back. I choose my opponents carefully. Higher starred ships, better geared and modded pilots better level ships and I can't win for losing. Within two turns I'm down to three ships and somehow RNG always works so I can't call a reinforcement until at least 1 of my other ships is in the red. Also somehow every time I kill an opponent their capital ship magically had a turn right then to bring in one. I understand the concept of RNG and that you have bad streaks but this is ridiculous.

Either I got a lot worse as a player in the last month or something else changed. If it weren't for the dailies I would say screw this. Even with the dailies it's pretty much not worth it. As it is there is no "catching up" to lead players on my server so why am I beating my head against the wall EA has created? A basic bit of guidance or at least an explanation would be appreciated but unlikely.
Past time EA stopped throwing new super characters at us and fixed or worked on their actual game enjoyment issues. And ships needs serious work