Is anyone else sick and tired of being told what characters to farm?

Prev1
When this game started, it was fun to mix and match characters in a team and test new things. But, ever since the release of Yoda, we've been getting more and more events telling us we need specific characters to participate. It prevents us from being able to get the characters we want, having to stop all the progression we have on those to farm characters we don't care about or want just to be able to participate in events. It's been especially difficult over the past few months. First we had to farm Empire specific characters for R2, then Phoenix Squad for Thrawn, then A New Hope characters for Commander Luke, and now 2 Hoth specific characters that are pretty worthless toons for Territory Battles. Some of us are still trying to farm characters in order to unlock and/or max these past few event specific toons. I'm lucky enough to have been playing for a long time, so I was able to get R2 7* (2nd time around, only 6* before) and CLS. However, I didn't even unlock Thrawn at 5* and I am STILL working on my Phoenix Squad to get him 7* next time he comes around. I'm also farming Baze and Darth Nihilus to get them 7* so I can get them to gear level 12 when it releases.

But, now I have to halt everything. I have to halt all that I'm currently doing to farm these 2 characters that are pretty much worthless just so I can participate in a guild event. If I DON'T farm these characters, then it screws over my guild and is a very quick way for me to get myself booted. As a mostly F2P player (I bought Old Ben shards to get CLS, sue me), this only continues to make things very difficult. R2, Thrawn, and CLS are all very useful characters and now I have to make the choice to stop farming characters in order to unlock them. Honestly, it's not even a choice. It's either farm the HRSes to 7* or get booted from my guild. Any halfway decent guild will make them mandatory farms. It makes the game much less fun when I'm being made to farm something specific compared to just farming what I want to farm. If they are part of a huge faction like Jedi, Rebels, or Empire, it's not terrible. But something like Phoenix Squad who only have 1 leader and 6 characters total or A New Hope characters which was limited to 5 characters or now the HRSes that are limited to hard nodes and the Cantina shop are just ridiculous. One of them only has a single hard node and that is the only way to farm them, which makes farming them to 7* absolutely horrendous. It's the same as farming Baze, Nihilus, or Shoretrooper to 7*. It takes FOREVER! Maybe if there were better ways to farm them it wouldn't be so bad, but there isn't. But, hey, at least we have those overpriced packs to fall back on right?!

So, all that being said, anybody else feeling frustrated that they are having to farm specific toons over and over again, many times before they can even finish the toons they were told to farm already?

Replies

• I just hate the fact that they know we want baze and ahsoka. But they put them in these over price and lottery machine cards draws. Naw I'm good!
  • Amen brother
  • Yes. I am trying to find the "fun factor" in TB but am failing to see it with the hrsoldier requirement.

Ya new content! Now you can't participate for 6 months to a year, enjoy!
  • Skywalker_Vader1
    336 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Yes. I feel like I am always behind the 8 ball. Chasing a char I may never get. Then never being able to do the characters I want to do. Then falling more and more behind while the rich just get richer. Great post. Frustrating and the game is definitely losing the fun factor for me. If TB is anything like GW and is no fun I may be done.
  • aalbin81
    19 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Yet another unnecessary wall. So...access to G12 gear and the new OP rebels is being blocked by the all important hoth rebel twins.

Don't worry though. I'm sure we'll have the privilege of being able to purchase $20 packs in the near future.
  • MistahShowtime
    68 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    So they moved this thread that SHOULD be in General Discussion. Guess it was too controversial and getting too many views for their liking.

Glad to see there are others who feel the same as me. It's been far too overwhelming lately having to panic farm so many different characters just to unlock other characters. I really hope they stop doing it and just let us farm who we want to farm. I'm fine with event characters, but stop limiting us so much to maintain canon when we're all playing a holotable game that had no canon at all to begin with. At most, limit it to Light Side or Dark Side characters. It's hard enough having to gear 5 characters to 11, let alone the now minimum of 20 characters we have to farm and have in a worthwhile state (7*, lvl 85, g8+) to be able to participate in every event. There are also the rumors about needing a Rogue One squad ready, which adds at least another 5 on top of that.
  • I have no problem having to farm specific toons to unlock a legendary character, but I think that locking some TB content behind useless and difficult to farm characters is a bad move.
  • I have no problem having to farm specific toons to unlock a legendary character, but I think that locking some TB content behind useless and difficult to farm characters is a bad move.

I have no problem too but I fell like I'm still running against a target that I can't reach. Adding tons of toons applying those characters requirements in every new events will slow the farming plan on other sides, preventing me to get:
    1) what I want
    2) an huge and well modded roster

Gap between me and older players with let's say, half of unlockable chars with G11 and ready to upload them to G12 will never be filled. Ok if that player is paying more than me but it is an hard situation psicologically speaking.
  • StarSon
    7419 posts Member
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Yes. I am trying to find the "fun factor" in TB but am failing to see it with the hrsoldier requirement.

Ya new content! Now you can't participate for 6 months to a year, enjoy!

This, so much this. TB sounds awesome, and I'm super excited... but it seems that to get full enjoyment, we have to spend a year farming a single hard node character that 2% of the game has at 7*, and I'm shocked that many have him because he is literally useless except as a gate for this new content.

In general, I have no problem being told what to farm for specific things, but they have never gated anything behind such a terrible farm. Sure, we get 5 attempts now, but 0/5 hurts at least as much as 0/3 does.
  • Right there with ya.
  • You know, there is more than one way to play this game. In the end, it comes down to the decisions you choose to make and living with the results. Why don't you just have a little patience, wait and see what exactly TB is all about before making grand statements full of hyperbole about what you are being "forced" to do.
    oO9W6sS.gif

I don't have 7* Thrawn either. I did not get 7* Yoda until maybe the fourth or fifth go-round. But I did get EP, R2, and CLS right away, due to the choices I made.
  • It's all behind $ driven choices being made. Simple fact is they don't think the average player knows anything about probability calculations or even bother with basic math to figure out that u may want to just get Hoth Rebel soldier in packs right? 699 crystal packs. 10-330. First off, you have a 1/30 chance to get Rebel soldier or 3.3% chance. Then to get more than 10 shards, you have lottery odds. You have better luck buying scratchers at the gas station than to get the specific character you want, for more than 10 shards. They didn't count on some of us just working out the absolutely laughably basic math to realize it's more profitable to burn a $20 bill for warmth. You have massively better lucky trying to farm that single node for Rebel soldier and refreshing attempts. For 700 crystals spent on that you will get a MUCH BETTER CHANCE at the shards you want, and very likely more than just 10.
  • You know, there is more than one way to play this game. In the end, it comes down to the decisions you choose to make and living with the results. Why don't you just have a little patience, wait and see what exactly TB is all about before making grand statements full of hyperbole about what you are being "forced" to do.
    oO9W6sS.gif

I don't have 7* Thrawn either. I did not get 7* Yoda until maybe the fourth or fifth go-round. But I did get EP, R2, and CLS right away, due to the choices I made.

But it's not hyperbole. We ARE being forced to farm useless characters to participate in Territory Battles. It is CONFIRMED. And if you don't farm them? Say bye bye to your guild because you won't be around long. Farming them benefits the guild, so it's a must. If you don't, you're pretty much saying screw your guild.
  • MistahShowtime
    68 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Just as it appears things can't get any worse, Captain Han Solo will now be a mandatory farm for most guilds. He's required at 5* to get Rebel Officer Leia Organa shards and both are required at 7* for a mission in the last phase of territory battles. Yet another toon we are practically being made to farm whether we want to or not. Just screw all of our plans for any energy and how we want to use it. I suppose the same could be said for our credits, gear, and ability mats as well since all are going to be used on the required farms.
  • I missed the email from ea where they told me I had to farm certain characters or I couldn't play. Maybe I just got lucky
  • StarSon
    7419 posts Member
    Just as it appears things can't get any worse, Captain Han Solo will now be a mandatory farm for most guilds. He's required at 5* to get Rebel Officer Leia Organa shards and both are required at 7* for a mission in the last phase of territory battles. Yet another toon we are practically being made to farm whether we want to or not. Just screw all of our plans for any energy and how we want to use it.

You still have a choice. If you want the rewards you get by having a 7* ROLO, you will farm CHS. Every game that ever existed has had a similar mechanic. Not sure why you expect this to be different.
  • People, relax. You are not being forced to do anything but make a choice (guess what, that's life). Choose to farm the Hoth brothers or choose not to. Choose to farm Captain Han or choose not to. These are all your choices. They certainly may limit your ability to progress further in the game as quickly as you would like. If this is a problem, then maybe this game isn't for you.

To say that 'all of this content will be locked' is disingenuous at best. Maybe one or two special missions will be locked by these 2/3 characters - guess what? They're special (and from what I can understand, don't count towards rewards anyway - just character shards)!

People that have been toiling for YEARS or have committed vast swaths of cash SHOULD be rewarded for their commitment (both blood and treasure). This is an enterprise in making money, not a birthright - why do some people treat it as such?
  • Just farm REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- SWGOR
  • As a newer player who doesn't have a huge roster yet, I wouldn't mind it so much if they'd spread the wealth out a bit instead of locking so much behind rebels. For a new player these days trying to focus on anything first but rebels is just shooting yourself in the foot.
  • Yeah, totally tired, which is why I don't bother and just do what I want. Almost got Pao to 6*!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Darth wrote: »
    I'm surprised they didn't ban you for starting this topic!!? I feel like u can't say anything on this forum that's critical or stuff that needs fixed or reworked because they will ban u trust me

Lmao, what? When has that ever happened? If anything this is one of the most free forums when it comes down to people complaining and crying constantly, and nobody has ever been banned.

On topic - what are you talking about OP? This has been the game since the very beginning. It has always been about chasing the meta, then it was getting certain Jedi toons for Yoda, then certain Rebels for Palps, then it was getting as many strong heroes at high gear/lvl as possible for the Tournaments, then it was R2, Thrawn, now Luke, TB and so on. It's not something new, it has always been like that.
    I'm surprised they didn't ban you for starting this topic!!? I feel like u can't say anything on this forum that's critical or stuff that needs fixed or reworked because they will ban u trust me

Lmao, what? When has that ever happened? If anything this is one of the most free forums when it comes down to people complaining and crying constantly, and nobody has ever been banned.

On topic - what are you talking about OP? This has been the game since the very beginning. It has always been about chasing the meta, then it was getting certain Jedi toons for Yoda, then certain Rebels for Palps, then it was getting as many strong heroes at high gear/lvl as possible for the Tournaments, then it was R2, Thrawn, now Luke, TB and so on. It's not something new, it has always been like that.

Three out of the four legendary character farms required specifically Rebels. The bias is glaring and only the willfully blind don't see it. Wether they intend the bias or not, the result of how they implement different stuff has heavily favored Rebels. I don't know how they plan to actually bring the pendulum back to the middle but it's so far swung towards the light it's astonishing.

Three out of the four legendary character farms required specifically Rebels. The bias is glaring and only the willfully blind don't see it. Wether they intend the bias or not, the result of how they implement different stuff has heavily favored Rebels. I don't know how they plan to actually bring the pendulum back to the middle but it's so far swung towards the light it's astonishing.

Yoda requires Jedi, not Rebels, anyways. I know that you're feeding on hate for the Rebel faction(ya know Let the Hate Flow Through You). I am kind of sick of commenting on the same topic for months, so I won't go into argument about there being bias towards Rebels or anything like that. The only thing I'm going to tell you is that the problem is in you guys, for diving the game into "Light" and "Dark" side. Just play whatever you like, nobody's pushing you to go for Rebels, Light side or whatever. Yes you will probably reach the top harder(not impossible), but it's up to you.
  • Right on the money. Plus when people started getting GK the arena meta changed entirely. You either have him or get dumped on. Yeah some zetas have meant you get some choice but without GK your squad will always be second to god tier. It's going to suck but what this game needs is a massive nerf overhaul. Rebalance literally every toon in the game to make the meta fun again. From Ahnald's and Mobile's latest videos the meta squad is still dominant and the only squad that stands a chance on defence, everything else might as well not even show up.

It's happened to me three times. They censor what goes through these forums pretty strictly. It wasn't until recently they don't want any critique of the dev team and how they can make this game better.

It's happened to me three times. They censor what goes through these forums pretty strictly. It wasn't until recently they don't want any critique of the dev team and how they can make this game better.

Dude, I've seen thousands of threads, THOUSANDS of people crying, complaining, calling them money hungry, calling them(the devs) whatnot. Literally nobody has been banned. How have you been censored?
  • People, relax. You are not being forced to do anything but make a choice (guess what, that's life). Choose to farm the Hoth brothers or choose not to. Choose to farm Captain Han or choose not to. These are all your choices. They certainly may limit your ability to progress further in the game as quickly as you would like. If this is a problem, then maybe this game isn't for you.

To say that 'all of this content will be locked' is disingenuous at best. Maybe one or two special missions will be locked by these 2/3 characters - guess what? They're special (and from what I can understand, don't count towards rewards anyway - just character shards)!

People that have been toiling for YEARS or have committed vast swaths of cash SHOULD be rewarded for their commitment (both blood and treasure). This is an enterprise in making money, not a birthright - why do some people treat it as such?

That's as bad as the Tarley's choice in Game of Thrones. "Farm the Rebels or you will get dumped on in the arena and you will not score highly in the new game modes!" Saying that we have a choice is a lie at this point. We have the option to farm who they tell us to farm, or get set back months and get kicked out of the meta for a long time. Unless you can blow money of this game you have to farm who the devs tell you to farm if you want any chance at doing well in arena.
  • StarSon
    7419 posts Member
    Darth wrote: »

That's not true at all. Yoda requires Jedi and R2 requires Empire. And Thrawn requires Phoenix. That may also be Rebels but now you're just being nit picky.