Does cg even realize what it is doing?

Hi,
This is not necessarily a hate thread. I just wondered considering the recent massive lack of communication with the customers whether or not one hand knows what the other does within cg. If you look at poe it is like they had one team working on the poe nerf while another had the job to fix bugs like the speed leader abilities and design changes like the speed tiers removal. It seems those two teams had no communication what so ever. The speed tier removal would have fixed poe completely, no nerf needed. Those two teams obviously also had no contact with the guys releasing the patch notes. Poe was nerfed differently than claimed while the other topic wasnt even mentioned although it was probably THE most impactful.
I have to say that the speed changes worry me very much. Slow characters will have no chance at all to make it into the meta. Speed is just too important and one char having twice the speed than another and still not being massively less powerful seems to be pretty unfair. I dont mind rng in this kind of games. I know it **** people off but it is incredibly important for balancing the chars and making a lot of them viable, which should be a goal in my opinion. It is a statistics game so it needs a huge chance part. The tier removal however removes a big part of that. Having one more point of speed than the opponent will now grant an extreme advantage, which will result in an optimal team, which is objectively the best. I am looking towards qgj as leader. Needless to say that would ruin most of the charme of the game.
To be honest i preferred it when speed leadership wasnt applied until the second round, which would allow a none speed team to at least set up its own strategy. If you dont put everything into speed now 2-3 of your chars will be dead until it is your turn. We need more rng! Especially with speed. I really miss the tier system i have to say. My idea however for fixing the issue would be to change speed leader abilities from "add 23 speed" to something like "add 10-25 speed". It is still very good but at least you would have to adapt to each match because you cannot predict the order in which your chars will attack, which would offer a cool interesting situation.
So please cg, if you are reading this, do more rng instead of less! People will complain but it so much more fun because with rng your game experience will be different each match. Look at hearthstone!

Replies

• That's not the solution, the issue is damage is scaled up faster than HP. Adjust damage so toons can survive the opening round before they even get a turn. Speed is the symptom, not the disease.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • That's not the solution, the issue is damage is scaled up faster than HP. Adjust damage so toons can survive the opening round before they even get a turn. Speed is the symptom, not the disease.

This is the issue. Slow characters, or God fobid, slow teams have no chance whatsoever against Speed Leaders or fast teams. The damage done in one round is so high, that they can kill half the opponents team before they get the chance to react. That, by all means, regardless of team setup is a BAD idea.

• ThewhiteonE
    658 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Removed for EA TOS violation.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Wazlinski
    359 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @ThewhiteonE

Should read the actual posts before doing a whine about something that didn't exist in the thread. No one was whining about Poe, it was about how the dev teams seem to not communicate, poe was just a convenient example to use. And now that speed basically is everything due to high damage (read rest to fill in the rest)
  • Then my bad, I saw Poe & saw red...
  • Easy on the caps lock. Relax.

@Hbk146, please continue on the numerous other threads doing the same discussion. Does no good for anyone opening new threads when we already have an excess of such threads.
  • SamSausagehead
    99 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @ThewhiteonE

Actually you are pretty spot on.

Poe was a huge target for a nerf and mainly on his expose.

They said expose would stay the same, true

But the community was outcrying solely against his expose chance. You guys HAD to see that coming
    [SøtFØ] Leader
  • Easy on the caps lock. Relax.

@Hbk146, please continue on the numerous other threads doing the same discussion. Does no good for anyone opening new threads when we already have an excess of such threads.

I read through the forums everyday. Of course i dont notice everything but i thought my concerns werent touched on in the way i mean it with rng and so on. I also dont like to make the 200th comment to a post which has vaguely the same subject. So i am sorry for having annoyed you but no regrets on my side.
  • Hbk146
    215 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @ThewhiteonE

If the devs just said they wont announce anything anymore that would be fine. You would know you have to expect everything but actively misleading customers is something completely different. I just feel like cg could try a bit harder in pleasing its customers with not only a fun game but also good support and customer relations. Everyone would profit from that
  • Hbk146 wrote: »
    Easy on the caps lock. Relax.

I read through the forums everyday. Of course i dont notice everything but i thought my concerns werent touched on in the way i mean it with rng and so on. I also dont like to make the 200th comment to a post which has vaguely the same subject. So i am sorry for having annoyed you but no regrets on my side.

I'm not annoyed, lol. Just trying to save the forum from further grief over that's been done to death. I assure you your opinion is not unique and shared by lots of people and already articulated in the umpteenth threads about the problem. You're free to post anything, anywhere. It was just a friendly suggestion.

FYI, I share the same opinion as you and have already made it clear in all those other threads.

This. Defense is meaningless. Health is in large part, meaningless. Until the damage ratio is changed at high levels, the only thing that truly matters is speed and DPS (things like stun matter if you have speed on your side - but only because DPS)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*