Complte Team synergy bonus suggestion

Roken_Fett
1293 posts Member
edited August 2017
I know I'm not the only one tired of seeing teams that don't really makes sense. Basically just tossing all the OP toons together and just rolling with it. For example I see this team a lot in various order:

Thrawn
General Kenobi
Nihilus
R2
Rex

or they throw in Chaze or Ahsoka F in there somewhere with a mix of those power toons. They really don't make sense, so to speak, to be working together.

Why not grant a "complete team" synergy. Just a little something to make it beneficial for players who just don't lump OP toons together and call it a team?

Doesn't have to be a crazy boost, and only grant if if a team is 80% or 100% of one faction. Or just 100%.
CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.

Replies

• Nope.

Rebels are meta. A full rebel squad can still take out 90% of teams in arena on offense, and hold it's own of defense.

Introducing a new "purity" mechanic would push them over the edge.

Leadership abilities are enough. Also, no one runs Rex under Thrawn. They run an Empire toon since his leadership gives them cleanse. So even if they did run Thrawn(L), DT, Shoretrooper, Nihilus and GK/R2 only three of these toons benefit from the leader ability. Which means two toons get no bonuses and mismatched squads are working as intended.

If you are losing to that squad, then the issue is with your team. If you are beating that squad, then why should CG boost your team any stronger than it already is? The logic is in balance. Making teams that already receive bonuses, receive even more bonuses, is a bad idea.
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    I can't decide if I am against the mix and match teams or not. It makes the most sense to have complete faction teams, but also it would be fun to be able to mix and match your favorite characters. I understand though that the team you're referring to is just OP toons, probably not someone's favorites :confused:
  • Wil wrote: »
    I can't decide if I am against the mix and match teams or not. It makes the most sense to have complete faction teams, but also it would be fun to be able to mix and match your favorite characters. I understand though that the team you're referring to is just OP toons, probably not someone's favorites :confused:

And since using favourite characters together or using favourite factions are both perfectly valid ways to play, the only conclusion is that OP toons who can do whatever they want, like dn, are the problem.
  • Intresting idea, I doubt however that it would be any better then.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Moving to Arena and Character Strategy.

With all these character reworks, I'm hoping we may see some faction bonuses get reworked as well to help promote this idea. The game was initially set on that course, and may still be moving toward stronger synergies (besides Chaze, Wiggs, Sith, etc.) ;)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • One of the major themes of SWGOH is the idea of teaming characters up from the movies in ways never thought of before. Like Luke and Vader on the same squad. It's supposed to be a sandbox, and is part of what makes the game interesting.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • One of the major themes of SWGOH is the idea of teaming characters up from the movies in ways never thought of before. Like Luke and Vader on the same squad. It's supposed to be a sandbox, and is part of what makes the game interesting.

This.

If that were true, they wouldn't have so many characters with Faction specific benefits. Therefore... it's not.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    HOLOTABLE GAME! The whole purpose of this game is putting your favorite characters together in one squed. regardless of their faction. It doens't mean that those favorite characters will work together on a team though....just that you can.