TB battles: HRSoldier and HRScout [merged]

Prev134
Liamtbqh
620 posts Member
edited August 2017
Where has it been confirmed that we need them? What for and how many *'s.
I mean having HRSoldier on a hard node is irritating especially since he's not that great so bit worried.
Post edited by Ambassador on

Replies

• Alle
    27 posts Member
    It was never directly confirmed, but people are saying we need those two because:
    1) some beta testers said, that we need them
    2) this first territory battle is on hoth, so it is logic that we could need them
    3) the expensive pack in the store for 2800 crystals includes HRScout or HRSoldier to 5 other rebel shards.
    It is very obvious that we will need them.
  • Yep. its confirmed.
    Each phase will require them at some star level and gear level.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    It was also in the data mine from yesterday's update that they are both needed for various missions at 3, 5, or 7 stars.
  • No, seriously. Thank you, Devs. With this Mega Rebel pack you all but spelled it out for us AHEAD of the actual event. I mean, i know some of us sorta assumed they MIGHT be needed, but this was a good way to get a message across. Unlike some previous surprises that left ppl upset, at least this time for the people that are attentive and can read between the lines, we have a chance at getting more prepared.
    So yeah, kudos.
  • ya you can start farming the scout and have him ready... As for the soldier.... Even at 5 Hard Battles Sims a day it will take a while.

You could check shipments if you can grab him in shipments for 50crystals/shard.

I wonder if it would be more efficient to refresh his hard node.
  • Amen brother, this was perfect from them
  • For some reason my hoth soldier is way more advanced than my scout
  • Ben_Sunwalker
    351 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Good thing I started farming them ever since the first screen shots for TB were leaked, a couple of months ago. That took Scout to 7*.
    After all the farming, though, Soldier is still at 4*. Kitten.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Hoth rebel soldier needs love. Ds hard 3-B only isnt enough.
    Cantina, GW or Fleet shipments having soldier would be a nice gesture... Even if its after TB release date
    ~Y O U T H v2
    Guild: Paradigm of Virtue (PoV)
    Line: GohYouth
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    That's right, they told us now, and in a mere 30 weeks you'll be ready for TB!
  • LOL thank them after this thing drops next week.
  • datamine confirms they will need to be 7* to participate in a large amount of the new content
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    there were quite a few people upset about thrawn and commander luke. I believe you're referring to those events when you said "Unlike some previous surprises that left ppl upset".
    Both those toons were semi easy to unlock, specially for long term players. I could probably unlock both those toons starting from scratch faster than i can farm HRSoldier to 7* from his single hard node.
    I don't get why this is any better than those "suprises", for me personally this sucks way more than any legendary event from a farming/preparing/getting ready perspective.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    there were quite a few people upset about thrawn and commander luke. I believe you're referring to those events when you said "Unlike some previous surprises that left ppl upset".
    Both those toons were semi easy to unlock, specially for long term players. I could probably unlock both those toons starting from scratch faster than i can farm HRSoldier to 7* from his single hard node.
    I don't get why this is any better than those "suprises", for me personally this sucks way more than any legendary event from a farming/preparing/getting ready perspective.

Oh yeah, agreed wholeheartly.
    I mean, even Phoenix and Ewoks had double drops for this... One can only hope.
  • Merged the threads on HR Scout and Soldier.
  • Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Where has it been confirmed that we need them? What for and how many *'s.
    I mean having HRSoldier on a hard node is irritating especially since he's not that great so bit worried.

You need all Rebels!!! Duh. The mega pack not only confirms the hoth twins, but that you need bodhi pao
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    leef wrote: »

With you on this one. If you don't have HRSoldier at 7* (and even many long term "launch" players don't) - you're only "choice" is to by a $20 pack and hope for good RNG on the chance to get him. And that's only the 3* version.

This is actually worse than the Luke "surprise" - because at least Old Ben had a Cantina node. This is basically event extortion - you want to play, you have to pay. Quite an insult for those of us that have dropped decent sums already.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • @Nikoms565 Do you think this was to keep everyone from easily being able to complete TB? I can see the devs thinking that if we make the requirements too easy it'll get stale quickly.
  • No need to panic. You will still be able to play TB without these toons. They will just unlock additional missions and rewards. Scout is an easy farm, in any case. Soldier will be harder, but I'd wager he'll be September's login toon.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    @Nikoms565 Do you think this was to keep everyone from easily being able to complete TB? I can see the devs thinking that if we make the requirements too easy it'll get stale quickly.

No. I think it was to get people to buy packs. Period. The Luke event was nod to long time players. Requiring HRS (both) at 7* for any event is simply an attempt to cash in on useless characters.

Compare it to the Luke requirements:

1) STHan - a very useful tank (in fact, until pre-tuants cam along, he was arguably the best tank in the game). He is also a rebel and scoundrel - so useful for obtaining Palp and Credit Heist.

2) Leia - she was p2p initially - and for goof reason. She can deal out a ton of damage. With her rework she is viable on my November 2015 arena team (I know, I run her)

3) R2D2 - he's been on most arena teams since he was released. His usage is unquestioned.

4) Old Ben - while he was "viable" during the dodge meta, he is still an easy cantina farm and with his rework (including his taunt) he is useful for some. I have even seen him in the top of my arena shard in the top 20 from time to time. He is useful for early mid-game players as he is a Jedi (Yoda) and Rebel (palp) - so he serves both purposes.

5) Luke (Farmboy) - was practically given to us anyway - and needed for all the Luke flash events. Also, a hard node + cantina farm. Easily obtained.

Now look at HRS (either/both):
    Rebels only. Fairly useless in most areas of the game and better options for almost any aspect. HRScout is easy enough to snag in Cantina store. HRSoldier? No - one hard node. At a 33% drop rate, that's almost a year to farm him. Good luck with that.

This isn't about hard or easy - it's about making people pay to play.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    skywhopper wrote: »
    No need to panic. You will still be able to play TB without these toons. They will just unlock additional missions and rewards. Scout is an easy farm, in any case. Soldier will be harder, but I'd wager he'll be September's login toon.

Oh cool, so by the end of September I'll only need 200 more shards, that's fantastic news! /s

Also, you need to go through the data mine. A lot of the t2 (t1-3) playable missions require 6 star HRSoldier/Scout. Calling it playable when at least a quarter and up to half of the content is gated behind these two toons is laughable.
    Do you think this was to keep everyone from easily being able to complete TB? I can see the devs thinking that if we make the requirements too easy it'll get stale quickly.

Yes, going through the data mine, HRSoldier will be the gate for most established, long-term guilds. Which is sad.
  • Good thing I started farming them ever since the first screen shots for TB were leaked, a couple of months ago. That took Scout to 7*.

I did the same thing and he is only 4*. I gave up recently. The end point is just too far away to be wasting my time on. If they want paygates for new content well that sucks for me cause I hate those games personally.
  • Maegor wrote: »
    No need to panic. You will still be able to play TB without these toons. They will just unlock additional missions and rewards. Scout is an easy farm, in any case. Soldier will be harder, but I'd wager he'll be September's login toon.

Oh cool, so by the end of September I'll only need 200 more shards, that's fantastic news! /s

Also, you need to go through the data mine. A lot of the t2 (t1-3) playable missions require 6 star HRSoldier/Scout. Calling it playable when at least a quarter and up to half of the content is gated behind these two toons is laughable.
    Do you think this was to keep everyone from easily being able to complete TB? I can see the devs thinking that if we make the requirements too easy it'll get stale quickly.

Yes, going through the data mine, HRSoldier will be the gate for most established, long-term guilds. Which is sad.

Yeah, people should really check out the datamine before posting here. They stars required on them are: 3*, 6* and 7*.

So yeah.
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Good thing I started farming them ever since the first screen shots for TB were leaked, a couple of months ago. That took Scout to 7*.

I did the same thing and he is only 4*. I gave up recently. The end point is just too far away to be wasting my time on. If they want paygates for new content well that sucks for me cause I hate those games personally.

Dont give up, man. It's only 60 energy anyways. I'm still going strong and will only stop at the 7*. I'm not pleased by it, but it is what it is.
  • phatphil3
    716 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Maegor wrote: »

Yeah, people should really check out the datamine before posting here. They stars required on them are: 3*, 6* and 7*.

So yeah.
    warmonkey wrote: »

Dont give up, man. It's only 60 energy anyways. I'm still going strong and will only stop at the 7*. I'm not pleased by it, but it is what it is.

This
  • leef wrote: »

Oh yeah, agreed wholeheartly.
    I mean, even Phoenix and Ewoks had double drops for this... One can only hope.

This is why I dont believe that the event will be next week, or whatever someone above had mentioned. I still think that there will be more time, more elaboration on whats to come. When that happens, I see 2x drops for these guys.

And to leef, you said it there..." "Both those toons were semi easy to unlock, specially for long term players"

Remind yourself that you are not everybody. I've been playing for a year and a half now, and I couldnt do CLS or get Thrawn past 6*. Why? Cause I honestly didnt give a **** about Old Ben, Farm Luke or Phoenix. So they sat at 4* because I chose not to level them due to lack of interest. It had nothing to do with being a long term player.

The bottom line was, and IS, either you get lucky because you had the time/resources to level the RIGHT toons WITHOUT knowing, or you dont.
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    I feel exactly the opposite. I am now totally convinced TB is going live next week. I mean when was the last time CG gave ample official notice ahead of time so we can all farm what's needed and possibly not have to buy their once in a lifetime pack deals? Don't remember? Me neither..
  • Vorgen wrote: »
    I feel exactly the opposite. I am now totally convinced TB is going live next week. I mean when was the last time CG gave ample official notice ahead of time so we can all farm what's needed and possibly not have to buy their once in a lifetime pack deals? Don't remember? Me neither..

I heard about one guy that dreamed that once. When he mentioned it he was canned and industry blacklisted.
  • My guess is that one of the Hoth Brothers will be the daily login reward character for September. Hopefully it will be the soldier.
    RWTD_Burn - Bears with Sabers
    https://swgoh.gg/u/rwtdBurn/
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Galahax wrote: »

And to leef, you said it there..." "Both those toons were semi easy to unlock, specially for long term players"

Remind yourself that you are not everybody. I've been playing for a year and a half now, and I couldnt do CLS or get Thrawn past 6*. Why? Cause I honestly didnt give a **** about Old Ben, Farm Luke or Phoenix. So they sat at 4* because I chose not to level them due to lack of interest. It had nothing to do with being a long term player.

The bottom line was, and IS, either you get lucky because you had the time/resources to level the RIGHT toons WITHOUT knowing, or you dont.

I feel like you missed the point of my post. It's not about how easy or hard thrawn and cmdr luke are/were, but how much worse HRSoldier is.
    For the record, I also completely disagree with your bottom line conclusion, but lets not get into that.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I'm slightly hopefull that the Hoth Rebel brothers will be farmable in the new store. It would make sence in a way.