TB battles: HRSoldier and HRScout [merged]

Replies

• Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    I'm slightly hopefull that the Hoth Rebel brothers will be farmable in the new store. It would make sence in a way.

Soldier has to be. It would be absurd if he wasn't.
  • Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    I'm slightly hopefull that the Hoth Rebel brothers will be farmable in the new store. It would make sence in a way.

right cause we NEED a new store full of Rebels
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »

We do if g12 is locked behind them.
  • Options

Why would they lock G12 behind Rebels? that doesnt make sense
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

because the gear needed for g12 is earned in TB. For maximum rewards in TB you'll probably need HRSoldier.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • StarSon
    7438 posts Member
    Options

I don't know why they would do that, but they have. g12 items are obtained only through the TB store, and a lot of the missions in TB are locked behind very specific rebels.
  • Options

because the gear needed for g12 is earned in TB. For maximum rewards in TB you'll probably need HRSoldier.
    StarSon wrote: »

I don't know why they would do that, but they have. g12 items are obtained only through the TB store, and a lot of the missions in TB are locked behind very specific rebels.

Do you guys even think before you type? Maximum rewards is not the same as a paywall. Are toons in arena store or galactic war store locked behind a paywall because not everyone gets maximum rewards there either.
  • Options
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Where has it been confirmed that we need them? What for and how many *'s.
    I mean having HRSoldier on a hard node is irritating especially since he's not that great so bit worried.

confirmed by the devs and datamine on redit
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    For maximum rewards in TB you'll probably need HRSoldier.
    Unlikely. The missions that require HRSo look like they have a lower difficulty version that you can complete if you don't have him. The reward for that mission looks like it's just TP toward starring that territory. But if you can amount enough TP through deployment and other missions, then you'll probably never miss HRSo there.
    The only thing that's truly gated behind HRSo, at least on the TB map, is the special mission requiring CHan and HRSo at 7*. And they implied that ROLO shards (which I'm assuming is the reward for that mission) are also going to be available in the TB store.
    This is all based on interpretation of a datamine, of course, so... caveat.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • StarSon
    7438 posts Member
    Options

Do you guys even think before you type? Maximum rewards is not the same as a paywall. Are toons in arena store or galactic war store locked behind a paywall because not everyone gets maximum rewards there either.

Of course I do. Do you? For all we know, it may not be possible to get even 1* on the final territories without these specific rebels. But, even if we don't, and we can get completion type rewards, we can only do so because of rebels. As you look through the data mine rebels are required on most of the battle missions.
  • Options
    From the data mine so far, there are 38 missions.

3 of those are special ops missions, 2 of which require 6* or more HRSoldier.

13 of those missions are platoon missions. None of those appear to require the hoth brothers. These likely are where the majority of players rosters fit in when CG talks about "bring your entire roster".

The remaining 22 missions are combat strike missions. Combat strike missions have 3 tiers. Think places of power, ewok events, etc (at least that is how I'm picturing it). Most players will be able to complete tier 1. Tiers 2 and 3 will be progressively more difficult. That means 66 total tiers for these 22 missions.

No tier 1 combat strike mission requires hoth bros. Though many requires 3-6* rebels, or light side, or ships, depending on the exact mission. That covers 22 tiers/missions.

Tier 2, 5 of the 22 tier 2 missions require on or the other hoth brother at 6* or more. (1 6*, 4 7*). Basically split between which one you need to complete tier 2. (3 for scount, 2 for soldier).

Tier 3. 5 of the 22 tier 3 missions requires both scout and soldier at 7*. The rest do not require either.

Given that, every player who has a handful of light side and/or rebels (and who doesn't if you've been playing for more than a few months) will be able to participate in tier 1.

That same group of players that can do tier 1 will be able to participate in 77% of tier 2 without either of those toons. And 90% if they have scout at 7* (the easy one to farm).

That same group of players can also participate in the same 77% of tier 3, but will require both at 7* to increase that amount.

What that all amounts too - you will be able to participate in ALL of the content (EXCEPT 2 special missions - which also have 7* CLS or Captain Han requirements) without the hoth brothers. You will be able to participate in 77% of the most challenging version of that content without the hoth brothers.

To put this in the perspective of raiding. Are there guilds that simply cannot raid? No. All guilds can raid. Are there any guilds that can't do heroic raids? Yes. Not all guilds can clear HRancor or HAAT.. That is a goal for them to strive for.

So, the knee **** reactions that you won't be able to play or take part in TB battles based on not having the hoth brothers is an over reaction that is entirely unfounded.

Will you acquire gear, hoth han/leia, and hermit yoda shards faster if you have both at 7* along with lots of your guild mates? Yes, probably. Just like guilds that could start clearing HAAT immediately unlocked GK sooner than those that couldn't.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Of course I do. Do you? For all we know, it may not be possible to get even 1* on the final territories without these specific rebels. But, even if we don't, and we can get completion type rewards, we can only do so because of rebels. As you look through the data mine rebels are required on most of the battle missions.
    And yet your main source of TP to get those stars is likely not through missions, but through deployment, for which you can use all characters, not just LS or Rebel.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Unlikely. The missions that require HRSo look like they have a lower difficulty version that you can complete if you don't have him. The reward for that mission looks like it's just TP toward starring that territory. But if you can amount enough TP through deployment and other missions, then you'll probably never miss HRSo there.
    The only thing that's truly gated behind HRSo, at least on the TB map, is the special mission requiring CHan and HRSo at 7*. And they implied that ROLO shards (which I'm assuming is the reward for that mission) are also going to be available in the TB store.

i have more faith in HRSoldier being in the TB store than the reward that requires HRSoldier to get being in the TB store.
    That first paragraph sounds good btw, i hope you're right.

• Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options

i have more faith in HRSoldier being in the TB store than the reward that requires HRSoldier to get being in the TB store.
    Well, from the datamine, here are the text strings for phase 1 (with junk removed):
    • TERRITORYHOTH_PHASE01_STRIKE01_DIFF01_DESC|Requirement: 3-Star Rebels Only, Maximum 3 Units. Rewards: 14700 GP (2200 GP on failure)
    • TERRITORYHOTH_PHASE01_STRIKE01_DIFF02_DESC|Requirement: 6-Star Rebels Only, Hoth Rebel Scout, Maximum 4 Units. Rewards: 140000 GP (9400 GP on failure)
    • TERRITORYHOTH_PHASE01_STRIKE01_DIFF03_DESC|Requirement: 7-Star Rebels Only, Hoth Rebel Scout, Hoth Rebel Soldier, Maximum 5 Units. Rewards: 233000 GP (11800 GP on failure)
    The "DIFF01", "DIFF02", and "DIFF03" look like they're different difficulties (tiers). The basic tier only require Rebels, the middle tier requires HRScout for phases 1,3,5 and HRSoldier for phases 2,4,6. The highest tier requires both in all phases.
    So to me, it sounds like people will at least be able to complete the lowest tier in all phases, even without either HRS. Granted, the increased GP rewards for the higher tiers is massive, but it's just GP, which you can also get by deploying really powerful DS characters, for example. :)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Well, from the datamine, here are the text strings for phase 1 (with junk removed):
    • TERRITORYHOTH_PHASE01_STRIKE01_DIFF01_DESC|Requirement: 3-Star Rebels Only, Maximum 3 Units. Rewards: 14700 GP (2200 GP on failure)
    • TERRITORYHOTH_PHASE01_STRIKE01_DIFF02_DESC|Requirement: 6-Star Rebels Only, Hoth Rebel Scout, Maximum 4 Units. Rewards: 140000 GP (9400 GP on failure)
    • TERRITORYHOTH_PHASE01_STRIKE01_DIFF03_DESC|Requirement: 7-Star Rebels Only, Hoth Rebel Scout, Hoth Rebel Soldier, Maximum 5 Units. Rewards: 233000 GP (11800 GP on failure)
    The "DIFF01", "DIFF02", and "DIFF03" look like they're different difficulties (tiers). The basic tier only require Rebels, the middle tier requires HRScout for phases 1,3,5 and HRSoldier for phases 2,4,6. The highest tier requires both in all phases.
    So to me, it sounds like people will at least be able to complete the lowest tier in all phases, even without either HRS. Granted, the increased GP rewards for the higher tiers is massive, but it's just GP, which you can also get by deploying really powerful DS characters, for example. :)

So you think you need an x amount of GP to clear a territory, and the rewards are based on how many territories you as a guild have cleared, and not based on total amount of GP earned?
    I assumed you only needed to clear territories to advance, but the rewards would be based on total amount of GP earned. So it would suck if you couldn't advance due to being stuck in a territory that would require HRSoldier, or any other specific character a guild as a whole doesn't have enough of, because you'd be locked out of the upcomming territories.
    Not sure why i assumed that, it just seemed logical. I have zero experience in reading data mines, so after quickly glansing over it on my phone i decided not to bother with it and just wait and see what happens if TB finally arrives.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    So you think you need an x amount of GP to clear a territory, and the rewards are based on how many territories you as a guild have cleared, and not based on total amount of GP earned?
    The screenshot from the announcement sure showed that GP was used to earn stars. And also from the same datamine as before:
    • TERRITORY_EVENT_COMPLETE_REWARD_MESSAGE_KEY|Congratulations on earning {n} Star(s) in {n}! Your Guild has earned the following rewards:
    • TERRITORY_EVENT_COMPLETE_ZERO_REWARD_MESSAGE_KEY|Thank you for participating in {n}! No Stars were earned in this Territory Battle, but try again in the next Guild Event to earn exclusive character shards and gear.
    Those two text strings make it seem like star rating is the primary source of your reward tiers. Of course, you'll earn bonus reward (shards and tokens) by completing the few special missions during the TB, but those are extra, and awarded at the end of each phase, not at the end of the TB.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Those two text strings make it seem like star rating is the primary source of your reward tiers.
    The part in the announcement where they literally said stars are the primary source of your reward rating helps, too.

Edit:
    The Guild earns rewards based on the number of stars earned, but they also earn a new currency: Guild Event Tokens.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • JTM48
    33 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    They won't be needed for specific phases of TB , but for special missions that will be available in TB. Any one of CLS, or the Hoth Scout / Soldier may be required, at certain start levels.
  • Options

I assumed you only needed to clear territories to advance, but the rewards would be based on total amount of GP earned. So it would suck if you couldn't advance due to being stuck in a territory that would require HRSoldier, or any other specific character a guild as a whole doesn't have enough of, because you'd be locked out of the upcomming territories.
    Not sure why i assumed that, it just seemed logical. I have zero experience in reading data mines, so after quickly glansing over it on my phone i decided not to bother with it and just wait and see what happens if TB finally arrives.

I understood that some missions would unlock depending on the Galactic Power that your guild has, say 25/50/75/100/150 so depending on how strong your guild is, the further you'll be able to get.( I suppose that's to stop 1 person carrying a guild)
    That would match perfectly what they stated about TB bein a big reason to break guilds not as HAAT and rancor did at their time.
    Secondly, @leef I totally agree with you on the fact that requiring HRsoldier at 7* its a bummer, but well, we have like 2-3 weeks to farm and find out ^_^
    I thought that TB would be out in November, December, but getting those packs that last 25 days I wouldn't bet on them being finished when TB drop in.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Fanatic wrote: »

To put this in the perspective of raiding. Are there guilds that simply cannot raid? No. All guilds can raid. Are there any guilds that can't do heroic raids? Yes. Not all guilds can clear HRancor or HAAT.. That is a goal for them to strive for.

The major difference between raids and this, is that completion of the highest tiers of raids weren't determined by generic, no-name toons with weak kits. If you want to make something hard, then make the battles themselves hard. Gating it behind obscure, hard to farm toons is the lazy way to extend the content.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Fanatic wrote: »

The major difference between raids and this, is that completion of the highest tiers of raids weren't determined by generic, no-name toons with weak kits. If you want to make something hard, then make the battles themselves hard. Gating it behind obscure, hard to farm toons is the lazy way to extend the content.

+1000000
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I'm telling ya, this gating mechanism is going to make whales really happy and strategic f2p arena warriors very sad. Guilds are going to shift and people with all these noname toons are going to cluster together, decreasing their time to G12 while everybody else plods along behind.

The information thus far does not give me high hopes of this content being "average" player friendly. I hope I'm wrong, but if history is any indication...
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if they are a reward from it
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Darth wrote: »
    So a new giant new mode called territory battles is coming and for some reason the only way we can play most of the content is if we have 2 specific characters that arnt that good and are incredibly hard to farm?!?!?? I think we have enough characters to farm right now and we shouldn't have to 7 star hrscout or hrsoldier period! There shouldn't be specific characters for this we should be able to use all of our characters just like Rancor and AAT

You will fail and fall behind in every part of the game if you do not start farming the Super Hoth Rebel bros.

Good luck!

mario_11.gif
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    So a new giant new mode called territory battles is coming and for some reason the only way we can play most of the content is if we have 2 specific characters that arnt that good and are incredibly hard to farm?!?!??
    I love that, through the magical and mystical lens of hyperbole that is the internet, people are now convinced that the Hoth Bros are somehow required to play most of TB.
    Here's a tip: they're not.
    Also, HRScout is easy to farm.
  • Options
    So a new giant new mode called territory battles is coming and for some reason the only way we can play most of the content is if we have 2 specific characters that arnt that good and are incredibly hard to farm?!?!?? I think we have enough characters to farm right now and we shouldn't have to 7 star hrscout or hrsoldier period! There shouldn't be specific characters for this we should be able to use all of our characters just like Rancor and AAT
    Don't worry.
    They're not.
    I know you'll worry anyway, though.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • LukeDukem8
    608 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I wonder if everyone on the boards panicked like this when they heard about heroic rancor? We are still going to play TB, just not all parts. It's no different when we first joined and we couldn't do heroic rancor. Until we farmed enough toons to 7.

So we have to do the lower levels of TB... At least we know who to farm BEFORE they even release anything.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    This is a team event, everyone doesn't have to have scout/soldier to progress, just hope that enough people in your guild do.

It may limit rewards on certain stages but that would be the case no matter how they worked it with toon specific levels unless there's a single toon every single player has.

People always complain about no new content and then complain when they can't 100% the new content first go.
  • Options
    I hope some new truth based info comes from the devs ASAP and that it includes improved farm options for the Hoth Rebel Soldier.

All of the above is very disheartening to long and short term players. The length of a single hard node farm to unlock parts of new content is something that is very hard to bear.

Previous new content had readily available toons that could be farmed in a hurry to get started. Think teebo for the pit, Jedi droids chirpatine and rebels for the aat to be competitive in the raids. The first goal of teebo needed 20-30 days and a couple months to scratch up the squads for aat. Keep in mind that many had rebels already (and droids) as they were meta at the time it dropped.

A huge proportion of the player base is now starting cold on an extremely slow farm.

Some already have HRSo and good luck to them
    | ANZGC | Exile |