Why equal TB rewards is bad for the game.

Replies

• My suggestion is this:
    I agree that you want to foster cooperation between guildmates, but I suggest a structure where a certain amount of contribution (galactic power obtained or encounters completed) needs to be achieved by the individual player to get a better rewards xmultiplier? WITHOUT putting a cap on the max number of players in a guild who can obtain it. This way guildmates still get overall better rewards from being in a better guild (thus encouraging cooperation) but the top contributors from the middle guilds don't get burned.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Wasn't there a mass exodus of players looking to
    join HAAT guilds? If whales didn't leave marginal strength guilds because of loyalty back then why would they leave now? We already have super guilds that merged when HAAT came out so top end guilds should already be solidified.

I just don't see people abandoning guilds now like they did when HAAT came out.

Actually most large guild alliances are merging their top players into "super guilds". Many are already completed, we're still in the process.

The reward structure is much different than HAAT and other games that have a guild event where everyone gets the same rewards. The key point is whales can't carry weak people, which was one of their main purposes.

You can have 1 whale and 49 new FTP players w 7* Lumi get HAAT rewards. The whale's rewards do not change and actually are better with a bunch of weak people since they will place higher vs a whale in a guild with 49 other whales.
    he's talking about when the AAT was first introduced, so you're basically saying the same thing. It happened with the rancor aswell.
    Under TB, for every weak or member less than 50, you lose out. That is the key. So you can look at it as instead of a whale providing for all, it's every weak player is deleting his potential reward. A whale with a bunch minnows is going to fall significantly behind whales that swim with other whales and won't be able to catch up no matter how much they spend.
    That is assuming that a p2p guild that doesn't consist out of 100% whales won't be getting maximum rewards. There are only 2 things you can't buy in this game, raid han and general kenobi, so i find it highly unlikely that the whale in the minnow guild won't catch up.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • A developer response would be greatly appreciated in this issue.
  • Goober1_
    472 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Guys it's obvious, the intent of the equal reward is to sway strong players to STOP carrying the weak.
    Devs would much rather see a player build their roster through buying than just do 600 and let strong people carry them on haat that they can't even do 2%
    Tb actually will accomplish this in another way also.
    3 days long will drastically slow down strong players mercing to help weak guilds do haat
  • Gonna go out on a limb and say a lot of folks responding really love The Fountainhead.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • sneeekypants
    1914 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    leef wrote: »
    That is assuming that a p2p guild that doesn't consist out of 100% whales won't be getting maximum rewards. There are only 2 things you can't buy in this game, raid han and general kenobi, so i find it highly unlikely that the whale in the minnow guild won't catch up.

There's a cap that each member can contribute to get max rewards, the cap is surely going to be quite hard to reach.

From the datamine (of course speculation...) it looks like the new reward toons are needed for the last phase so in that scenario, say you only have 1 CLS (unlikely but to show the point) you might not even be able to enter the phase until your 331st TB vs the whale guilds 8th.

Its going to hurt in arena, the tough but beatable teams are going to be unbeatable if they jump to g12 and you don't. They stated it's going to be a big jump from g11 to g12.
  • If people jump ship to go to stronger guilds this wouldn't be the first time...remember when HAAT was first released? That week the guild I was in lost like 15 good players. What happened was the guild was weakened and stayed weak because the new players that joined didn't have solid rosters as the ones who left. This made getting HAAT completed even harder. Many players including myself ran the normal raid instead of the heroic and this put me farming Kenobi way later than my peers. Every time we'd get a new player..a stronger player left. This happened for weeks and I know my guild wasn't the only one experiencing this because I seen others on the forums saying the same thing.

Eventually I said screw it and I left my original guild as well for a much stronger one and in the end for me it was worth leaving.

I'm not sure how TB will affect guilds yet...but if many people do what they did when HAAT was first released...then really what's the point of being in guilds when every time something that requires guild strength, rosters and teamwork comes around people leave their current guilds for stronger ones?

If this happens again and I hope it doesn't...then this goes strickly on the blame to the devs for this. Making content that many guilds can't compete and complete in and forcing people to leave and join stronger guilds hurts more guilds and players than it helps.

No telling what's gonna happen yet..but I notice the latest events are starting to require toons most people didn't bother to farm because those toons really aren't anything that special. Needing Pheonix to unlock Thrawn, needing Farmboy Luke and Old Ben to unlock CLS and needing Hoth soldier and scout for TB seems a bit much when you think about the credit amount and gear resources needed to make them viable to beat those events.

Honestly I don't really care for the direction the game is heading..not really sure how much longer I'll even play. Simply for me...the game isn't much fun anymore. And doing stuff like this isn't worth the frustration it brings.

Devs...wanna make older toons viable??...then give them some solid reworks....don't just add new content and say we need those older, less than mediocre toons in order to participate in the events. If people don't have those toons, then the ones who do might leave their current guilds and join others that do have them and this then becomes HAAT2.0 all over again.
  • Would be good for developers to weigh in @CG_Kozispoon :)

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Would be good for developers to weigh in @CG_Kozispoon :)

what do you expect them/her to say though?
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    A developer response would be greatly appreciated in this issue.

More information is coming. Just not on the timing this particular thread may desire.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • leef wrote: »
    Would be good for developers to weigh in @CG_Kozispoon :)

what do you expect them/her to say though?

What Kozi said above!
  • I'm fine with equal rewards, if I can carry (ie. make up for) people with lesser rosters. Don't gate me based on their weakness.
  • Alright, John Galt.
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    DarthR244D wrote: »

You are exactly right, people were jumping ship like crazy when hAAT dropped. There will be some that leave and some stay. The reward system in both raids is broken. Gear isn't guaranteed and place really doesn't mean anything for gear.

Interesting experience, I'm one of those that did not jump ship. Eventually, after several months of 0 GK shards, we merged our guild with another to get heroic tank on farm, for both us and the other guild created from the merge. I now have a 7* GK and I was placing in the top 5 for the entire time.

People are overreacting, in my opinion. But that's just my way of playing.

I agree on the overreacting. It will probably be difficult for some guilds to complete. I hope it is a challenge and I am in a guild that will be able to finish top tier rewards. If it isn't a challenge, it will drive the krakens and whales away. People should want a challenge and want it to be hard to achieve.
  • Nobody like it when everyone in a group gets the same reward. That's why team sports are so unpopular.
  • Whatever I'm sure il just buy the g12 gear in shipments anyway. why would you want to put all the whales in one place and then give them easy g12 pieces? Who do you think buys this stuff anyways? Lol
  • Whatever I'm sure il just buy the g12 gear in shipments anyway. why would you want to put all the whales in one place and then give them easy g12 pieces? Who do you think buys this stuff anyways? Lol

Won't be in shipments for a while. Just like hAAT gear wasn't always there. There is always money to be made.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Doesn't sound very motivating...
  • Witzkers wrote: »
    Nobody like it when everyone in a group gets the same reward. That's why team sports are so unpopular.

Football, the most watched and participated in, sport on the planet.
  • MykCnoE wrote: »
    Witzkers wrote: »
    Nobody like it when everyone in a group gets the same reward. That's why team sports are so unpopular.

Football as in ...

giphy.gif
  • MykCnoE wrote: »
    Witzkers wrote: »

(Psst... That's the joke!)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Whatever I'm sure il just buy the g12 gear in shipments anyway. why would you want to put all the whales in one place and then give them easy g12 pieces? Who do you think buys this stuff anyways? Lol

Maybe i understand your problem now. Are you worried that because you're not in a whale guild the game will become way more expensive for you when TB hits than for other whales that chose to join a whale guild? I'd consider that a legitimate concern.
    In a way you could see that as the game forcing you to spend more $$$ or abandon your guild/friends for the same result.
  • TL DR?
  • I've never been a fan of how the raid rewards create an ever growing gap in progression between guilds. The top players will score top rewards and grow stronger and faster than lower scoring players who will undoubtedly be growing like a slug behind the gearwall.

Top scorers will get frustrated with HAAT because the bottom lot are nowhere near ready while the top lot is. This is what truly leads to players leaving guilds for stronger companions. I beleive that if raid rewards were to be generally even in terms of gear acquisition, there would be a lot less hopping from guild to guild.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    If you are really a whale, you should have better mods than anyone else and also can buy gear without thinking. GK R2 CLS, even with Cholo of Rolo you will still have a team that beat anyone one offense. So you will not fall behind.

As for HAAT, it falls to those who are strong to complete challenge not the weak to always improve themselves. We could not clear HAAT at the time, 2 months after start, we made it, because the strongest in our guild kept farming meta team at the time. Your call now.
  • I personally don't get all this "everything needs to be the same for everybody without regard for time or money spent in game." You're a whale? Well, I just started 2 months ago and will not spend a dime on this game but the devs better give me all the rewards same as you and they better not require me to do anything I don't want to do or else I'll quit...

Yeah, sounds cool.
  • CoruscantPimp1
    29 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    My guild is pretty tight. We are all f2p, we are excited about the new event and are doing our best to be prepared for it, but we know we most likely wont unlock everything. We aren't upset about it, nor do i see anyone leaving.

You guys need loyalty. The whales will always have the advantage and honestly, considering they spend thousands of dollars on this game, they probably should. My guild and I are still competitive and we have fun.

Stop petting kittens and either; A.) Cough up dough and give in... B.) Sit down, shutup and strategize better... C.) Quit.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • What's before g12? Cuz ya still need to get through all of that, and your rewards for being top in raids keeps you ahead.
  • What's bad for you may be good for others