Mod store mods that cost crystals - a sad lament

3629 crystals for a mod. That's, what, about $25 if you buy the crystals outright? Or 2 1/2 pieces of coveted 1400 crystal gear. For a minuscule chance to get a few lucky rolls and get a decent speed mod?

I'm just sour because there's an A level Processor in the mod store right now with actual decent secondary stats - 5 speed, %prot, +prot, and +offense. But I can't imagine anybody, anywhere, ever spending crystals on mods, simply because they cost waaaaay too much in comparison to what you can get elsewhere with those crystals, and because they are waaaaaaaaay too RNG dependent.

So I suppose my plea is - please remove crystal cost from mods and made them credit only ... and if you can do that by 1 PM today so I can buy that mod, it would be appreciated. *coughcough*

Replies

• Only insane whale buy 3629 crystals mod. Me? I'm just spend 300 crystals for 3x cantina refill and hope for miracle :relieved:

NB : plz remove *1, *2, *3, n *4 mods from mod store. It's ridiculous.. i already complete all mod challenges. Nobody buy that junk
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Only insane whale buy 3629 crystals mod. Me? I'm just spend 300 crystals for 3x cantina refill and hope for miracle :relieved:

NB : plz remove *1, *2, *3, n *4 mods from mod store. It's ridiculous.. i already complete all mod challenges. Nobody buy that junk

i buy 4* mods, they're cheaper and not that much worse. i'll equip a 4* +15 speed mod over a 5* +12 speed mod any day and twice on the weekend.
    As for mods for crystals, there are probably players who buy them, so it's worth keeping them for ea/cg. As a side effect the store won't fill up with mods for credits, wich means more 15 crystal refreshing for the players who think mods for crystals aren't worth it, so agian, worth keeping for ea/cg. This doesn't mean i support the mods for crystals in the mod store, i just don't see it changing.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Craziness. Clearly some people have the funds to buy crystals but I mean the amount they cost is even more insane when you realise you're not buying a really great mod, rather, you're buying the opportunity to randomly roll a really great mod. Absolute madness.
  • Ailouran
    113 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    A similar principle can be said about going to an expensive restaurant. You enjoy the experience momentarily and then poop it out just like a BigMac. The next day you're down a couple bills with nothing physical left.

Edit, the nice restaurant leaves with you a memory of how you left/experience. While i would never buy a 5* mod, the buyer will have momentary excitement about the possibility of the mod being good. If it ends up being bad, all you're left with is the memory of your excitement, similar to the memory of the nice restaurant.
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Only insane whale buy 3629 crystals mod. Me? I'm just spend 300 crystals for 3x cantina refill and hope for miracle :relieved:

I'm not an insane whale, not even a whale but I've bought quite a few mods for crystals in the past. Like when I farmed quite a few mods/mod packs but not enough to fill all slots with ideal types and the missing one popped up in the store.

Those junk mods are in the store on purpose, just like getting useless gear or nothing from a node. Also the revenue from people refreshing it because even though mod challenges are 100%, you have the same useless "filler".
  • Ailouran wrote: »
    A similar principle can be said about going to an expensive restaurant. You enjoy the experience momentarily and then poop it out just like a BigMac. The next day you're down a couple bills with nothing physical left.

Edit, the nice restaurant leaves with you a memory of how you felt and the experience. While i would never buy a 5* mod, the buyer will have momentary excitement about the possibility of the mod being good. If it ends up being bad, all you're left with is the memory of your excitement, similar to the memory of the nice restaurant.

• Mods in mod store should be at max level with all secondaries rolled.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127195/lets-discuss-mods#latest