Totally new Darth Vader build/character

So with the state of the OP toons coming out lately, Empire and/or Sith are in dire need of some new characters (I know Thrawn is awesome)... light side are dominating at the moment. If you guys have any ideas for new character builds etc, feel free to post them here. I'll start with a whole new Darth Vader character... I don't quite know what you'd call him besides generic 'Darth Vader' but he would have a different stance (standing straight on with his Saber in two hands in front of him) which would change when he activates his 'attack mode'. This build is semi similar to Luke's but is kind of 'darker' and as a build, he is a very tanky anti DPS, anti Rebel, anti Jedi, DPS character. I've given him movesets and a unique buff that I believe fit his character and would make him a very powerful toon, one fitting of the power creep that is very prevelant in the game as of now. Oh and I gave him his beloved Force Choke. Here it is...

Darth Vader
Power: 25,687 Speed: 151 Health: 25,966 Protection: 29,298

Crushing Blow (Basic) Omega’d
Deal Special damage to target enemy and inflict Offence Down and Health Down for 2 turns. If Darth Vader has the unique buff Explosive Onslaught, inflict Daze for 2 turns and remove 30% Turn Meter.

Force Choke (Special) Omega’d 4 turn cooldown
Deal Special damage to target enemy, plus bonus damage equal to 40% of the targets Maximum Health, remove 100% Turn Meter and inflict Deathmark for 2 turns. This attack cannot be Evaded or Countered and Deathmark cannot be Resisted. If Darth Vader has the unique buff Explosive Onslaught, recover Health equal to 100% of the damage dealt, Dispel all buffs on opponent and ignore Protection.

Explosive Onslaught (Special) Omega’d 4 turn cooldown
Darth Vader gains 100% Turn Meter, recovers Protection percentage equal to his Potency and gains the unique buff Explosive Onslaught. If Darth Vader doesn’t have the Explosive Onslaught unique buff, he gains it until the next time this ability is used.
Explosive Onslaught: Darth Vader has +100% Accuracy, +50% Offence, +50% Critical Damage and cannot be stunned. Can’t be Dispelled or prevented.

Overwhelming Force (Leader) Zeta’d
Empire and Sith allies gain +15 Speed, +20% Offence, +30% Critical Damage and +15% Critical Chance. In addition, whenever and Empire or Sith ally scores a critical hit, they have a 70% chance to attack again, dealing 50% damage and a 30% chance to call an Empire or Sith ally to assist, dealing 40% damage.

Empires Enforcer (Unique) Zeta’d
Rebel and Jedi enemies deal -20% damage to Darth Vader and grant him 10% Turn Meter whenever they critically hit him. In addition, Darth Vader gains +5% Offence and +5% Potency for each Empire ally and an additional 2.5% Offence whenever an Empire ally falls below 100% Health.

Impenetrable Defence (Unique) Zeta’s
While Darth Vader doesn’t have Explosive Onslaught, he has +50% Tenacity, gains +30% Defence (stacking) each time he is attacked until Explosive Onslaught is activate, recovers 10% Protection and gains Protection Up (40%) whenever he is critically hit and has a 50% chance to remove all debuffs on himself whenever he scores a critical hit.

Any thoughts on this, positive or negative, are welcome.

Replies

• Options
    Like the idea of him being an inverse to CLS but;
    Ability block was a better debuff, as well as the fact that Jedi (and preferably rebels) couldn't resist it
    Force choke is the single most overpowered thing in the game, it's practically a oneshot but unlike ahniliate doesn't start on cooldown and has half the cooldown if it
    Why explosive onslaught as a name? Minor complaint but doesn't seem to fit Vader that much
    What was wrong with his old leader of removing turn meter? I enjoy calling allies to assist, but it kinda downplays; Tarkin with the speed, Veers with the offense, and Krennic with the crits. And not by being better than them all in a unique way but by mashing them all together but with lower numbers, as well as is the assist a flat 30% or only when the 70% bonus goes?
    The offense from empire's enforcers is pitifully low
    And after all of this still has no synergies with Palpatine
  • Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    Like the idea of him being an inverse to CLS but;
    Ability block was a better debuff, as well as the fact that Jedi (and preferably rebels) couldn't resist it
    Force choke is the single most overpowered thing in the game, it's practically a oneshot but unlike ahniliate doesn't start on cooldown and has half the cooldown if it
    Why explosive onslaught as a name? Minor complaint but doesn't seem to fit Vader that much
    What was wrong with his old leader of removing turn meter? I enjoy calling allies to assist, but it kinda downplays; Tarkin with the speed, Veers with the offense, and Krennic with the crits. And not by being better than them all in a unique way but by mashing them all together but with lower numbers, as well as is the assist a flat 30% or only when the 70% bonus goes?
    The offense from empire's enforcers is pitifully low
    And after all of this still has no synergies with Palpatine

This build wouldn't replace the 'old' Vader but is a seperate Vader...Explosive Onslaught... kinda like how Vader would play it defensively at times then suddenly attack with overwhelming power etc. Assist chance is a flat 30% and Empire Enforcer stacks pretty quickly when you consider his Leader + EO unique buff.

• Options
    This build wouldn't replace the 'old' Vader but is a seperate Vader...Explosive Onslaught... kinda like how Vader would play it defensively at times then suddenly attack with overwhelming power etc. Assist chance is a flat 30% and Empire Enforcer stacks pretty quickly when you consider his Leader + EO unique buff.
    Well then it's even worse because Vader doesn't need a duplicate, he doesn't have enough change to justify one like Luke
  • Options
    At first glance I was like "tha kit is so op" then I was like "oh yeah it's basically as hardcore as CLS and he is in the game so.........."
  • Options
    Wearesyke wrote: »
    At first glance I was like "tha kit is so op" then I was like "oh yeah it's basically as hardcore as CLS and he is in the game so.........."

Pretty much... an OP Empire/Smith version lol
  • Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8x01BHcgnnU

Watch carefully at 11:18... Darth Vader applies his 3 DOTs but also applies 10x of a different debuff! Looks like we might be getting a rework after all (although it was dispelled straight away). Thoughts? Does anyone know what that debuff is?
  • Options
    Sshh! Vader is fine like he is, go back to sleep child... "Sigh, shoulda left this one at the train station."
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8x01BHcgnnU

Watch carefully at 11:18... Darth Vader applies his 3 DOTs but also applies 10x of a different debuff! Looks like we might be getting a rework after all (although it was dispelled straight away). Thoughts? Does anyone know what that debuff is?

IDK what was that, but it was locked and it got cleansed, so maybe it's nothing
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    This is not about strategy but about suggestions/opinions, so moved to Feedback/Characters.

And don't choke on your expectations. ;)
  • DarthVengeance
    83 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    DV rebuild? Ummmm no. He's fine. 3 accts, 3 Sith/Empire teams in arena. They smoke DN Teams and with a little thought take on zMaul teams. Not seeing any need for him to be reworked. Favorite pastime is vaporizing SO and Dooku by loading them up and watching them axe themselves attacking. LOL
    Post edited by DarthVengeance on
  • Camaroman
    2 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    My idea for appearance is to have Vader before his first battle with Obi-Wan. Wearing his cloak and hood and have those glowing yellow eyes.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Alright, that's just completely op in everyway. It's like twice as op as CLS.
  • Options
    This would work, but this vader is way more OP than CLS. You would need to nerf almost all of his skills. Imo, force choke is way to OP. Maybe something like fracture would be better than deathmark.
  • Options
    Everyone conplans about Synergy between Vader and Palpatine/Sidious. Does everyone NOT remember how from the begining Anakin/Vader questioned Palpatine? And in the end when Vader threw Sidious over the rail into the reactor? Hence NO Synergy.
  • Options
    This update would make people new to the movies think that the Rebels WON the battle of Hoth! xD
  • Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Everyone conplans about Synergy between Vader and Palpatine/Sidious. Does everyone NOT remember how from the begining Anakin/Vader questioned Palpatine? And in the end when Vader threw Sidious over the rail into the reactor? Hence NO Synergy.

Were they not two Sith Lords: a master and an apprentice? They were!!! So your argument is invalid! Hence YES Synergy!!!

That seriously was the weakest argument of all time xD there is a history of Sith Lords being killed by the apprentice who then takes over. That's normal and completely Sith. Poor folks just argue for the sake of trying to be right when they won't be.
  • Options
    Ambassador wrote: »
    This is not about strategy but about suggestions/opinions, so moved to Feedback/Characters.

And don't choke on your expectations. ;)

Uh guys
    Maybe a hint?
    It is a winky face, but it could be a bad pun.

That'd be PUNishment