Mk7 Scanner and Mk6 Syrings in TB reward box

Seeing the videos that was put out, and find that the reward boxes have these two gears, one drop in rancor and one in challenges, it this by design?

Personally I have over 700 scanner salvages with no characters currently needs it (owns 28 g11 +9 g10, medium player), and seeing that I've pretty much geared up all the useful toons that required it make me fear that after a hard fought TB ended I might get these useless gears in return really made me feels mixed about this otherwise awesome content.

Replies

• Feel the same. Rewards from the raids are rarely useful
    I just wish you could upgrade compnents..ie 10 mk3 = 1 mk4 etc. To.use stuff that you.will never use or at least.be able to sell it like you used to be able to.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    I believe in some of the videos shown, mk 7 scanners were needed as components for gear 12 pieces.
  • also it's a shop you don't have to buy them.....
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    I believe in some of the videos shown, mk 7 scanners were needed as components for gear 12 pieces.

Yea, but we already have rancor to give us scanners, and for me scanners drop all the time, and I know it does for many others. Since other gears in the reward box seems to be exclusively in TB, I'm confused why is these two remain there
  • Brown89 wrote: »
    also it's a shop you don't have to buy them.....

I'm not talking about TB shop, I'm talking about the reward box you get once your guild completed TB
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    niko2018 wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Yea, but we already have rancor to give us scanners, and for me scanners drop all the time, and I know it does for many others. Since other gears in the reward box seems to be exclusively in TB, I'm confused why is these two remain there

If I saw correctly you needed multiple scanners to make one piece of gear 12. That will chew up Rancor raid gear fairly quickly.
  • I certainly don't want to see challenge gear or Rancor gear in the prizes. We already get useless challenge gear(minus carbantis) in raids.
  • niko2018
    171 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    niko2018 wrote: »

If I saw correctly you needed multiple scanners to make one piece of gear 12. That will chew up Rancor raid gear fairly quickly.

The one I saw was mk8 scanner, but even if g12 gears need those rancor and challenge gear it doesn't change the fact that u might get those gears when TB finished, and I doubt anyone likes the idea of that
  • That is the biggest flaw on the part of the devs, with almost any new content, rewards often don't equate to effort put into receiving them. I truly hope they do better this time, they'd be wise to address this issue pre release if they expect ppl to keep spending to upgrade virtually everything for these battles... if the rewards are duds ppl will simply return to their old methods of progression
  • U shouldn't be surprised!! Have u seen mk5 sorosub keypad in the TB shop? We all know where this will goin', yes? :lol:
  • I think it should come as no surprise that this game will continue to be a turtle race. It's worked so far.
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    I still need so many of these, especially the syringes. And if JacenRoe is right, then I'd like as many places as possible to get them.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    I could use a month of just Carabanti; Stun Guns, Stun Cuff's dropping or as log in rewards.
  • Darth_Neal
    22 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Bhaalor wrote: »
    I could use a month of just Carabanti; Stun Guns, Stun Cuff's dropping or as log in rewards.
    +1

Some of the gear that many toons need is ridiculously hard to get... yet with a new shop they keep adding things that are easy to get from challenges, raids, or other shops. Frustrating.
  • Darth_Neal wrote: »
    +1

Some of the gear that many toons need is ridiculously hard to get... yet with a new shop they keep adding things that are easy to get from challenges, raids, or other shops. Frustrating.

Yea, been getting useless challenge gold gears from tank forever now, all those useful one I have to buy it off shipment,starting to wonder what's the points to do haat if you just end up with gear u have 1500+ of.
  • niko2018 wrote: »
    Darth_Neal wrote: »
    +1

Yea, been getting useless challenge gold gears from tank forever now, all those useful one I have to buy it off shipment,starting to wonder what's the points to do haat if you just end up with gear u have 1500+ of.

I believe that's the whole point on the of EA, keep useful gear drop rates low & challenge garbage high, this forces ppl to use crystals if they wish max g11... now 12...
  • niko2018 wrote: »
    Darth_Neal wrote: »
    +1

I believe that's the whole point on the of EA, keep useful gear drop rates low & challenge garbage high, this forces ppl to use crystals if they wish max g11... now 12...

Well said.. no comment :mask: