A couple questions about crystal spending

Nrm153
314 posts Member
Obviously a lot of this is personal preference but I was curious what most would do.... I just got my first guy to max 11(dooku) and am to the point to where I have a ton of guys needing the very high amount of gear... Do most of you buy the refills each day and grind out and hope to get the gear u need or simply save to get some of the lower priced gear pieces (one that jumps to mind and seems worthwhile is the mk 5 mer son for 375 crystals) cuz right now I have 3 guys that need that one and I just put together a piece on it for savage with a 25 purchase...
Then after that if u do grind do most of u auto SIM to save SIM tickets or simply use them? The last couple days I have simmed and it seemed like it was a slightly higher ratio that I got tho I wouldn't think so as they would want you to be playing the game.
I know this is a relatively long post but thanks for reading and thank u in advance on any replies/advice I get off it.

Replies

• I only buy gear with crystal only if it's needed by my arena team. Beside that, i give it to my luck in raid reward. Farm yes i do it, but if only it's the last piece i need. I don't do regular energy refill for farm, but i refill cantina 3x for mod farm.

I used SIM ticket.. bcause it's pure RNG, imo there is no difference in drop rate if we SIM, auto, or manual the node. Maybe it's bcause i have lot SIM, around 300.
  • Only gear I buy with crystals is raid gear or mk3 holos. If you've acquired most all toons ignore the chromium and spend it on refresh
  • Nrm153
    314 posts Member
    I will rarely buy cantina energy unless I'm close to someone and I have like 5500 or so SIM tickets... I rarely use them ever..
    Main reason I'm asking is iv been using the 3 refresh to try and farm and on some that require 50 I will run through allb3 and get about 6 on the day... Had I saved it I could get 20 or 25 of the really hard ones for between 300 and 500 crystals
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    the trade off with gem spending is faster or cheaper, if you buy refreshes and farm that way it will probly be a bit cheaper as long as you are close to normal drop rate, but if you need 200 stun gun salvage and dont want t o wait 3 weeks to farm it all it can be nice to buy it for crystals
  • Nrm153
    314 posts Member
    Problem iv ran into is that it been doing it and at times the drop rate is absolutely horrendous
  • Personally, I don't buy gear with crystals. I've bought gear with other currencies but never crystals. I just don't get to a high enough rank in arena to justify it and I definitely am not spending my limited irl money to buy crystals to buy gear. So I farm/wait for drops from raids. Sure it'll take me longer, but I feel better about myself and my spending in the end. :D
  • zombiwan_kenobi
    427 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    If you are not in a hurry you'd better use your crystals to refresh (only 50 crystals 3x a day) and farm your gear in story mode.
    Store is highly expensive and if you don't get much crystals it's quite a waste. You can buy some gear in there though such as Raids specific gear (the one you can't farm actually - it's really important) or the cheapest ones such as the golden Aat components (medpack and biotech) since they're the cheapest.

Sienar Holo mkIII aren't that expensive either, and we need them badly. ;)