Make GW a legit challenge please!!!!!!

Prev1
Abyss
1651 posts Member
Plz devs, ignore the whining and crying and please make GW a legit challenge.

Heck, i am willing tos ettle for you making it even just a little bit challenging.

Im basically FTP and have a mediocre team at best (i do not chase the flavor of the week like folks did with poe). I jut have easily farmable toons mashed up together in a team. Nothing special, nothing fancy and GW is nothing more then a cake walk.

I am pleading that you ignore the crying and make it challenging. You said it was supposed to be hard, suppsoed to be end-game content, supposed to not even be completeable daily so come on, dont listen to this mess and make it what YOU devs said it is supposed to be

Replies

• Options
    Honestly, make GW a pre-constructed campaign. I suggested this once in another thread. You can make both players that think its currently too easy or too hard happy. And show some cool stuff to boot.

Make it a level scaled mini-campaign that rotated daily. Could have an Empire Campaign, Rebel, Resistance, First order, Jedi, Sith, even reach out for things like Black Sun or Mandalorian. Could be a place to show off new content and have the final battle show off upcoming characters as campaign end bosses (or midbosses) until their full release. Plus a constructed campaign allows a smooth difficulty curve tuned to be as difficult or easy as CG wants to intentionally make it, not either cakewalk or brick wall on the whims of RNGesus.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You have people with level 60 characters getting multiple level 70 teams. Meanwhile, I'm maxed and rarely get them. The whole thing is a mess.
    A proper overhaul is months away. In the meantime they could fix a lot of these problems with a very simple coding change to hem in the average difficulty based on player level and fight number.
    The one I proposed in my long thread was this: In fight N for a player of level P, the average character level of the opponent chosen must be within the band (P+N-10) to (P+N-1). For example, if you are player level 50, your first fight can only be with teams having average character levels from 41 to 50. Your second fight opponents can range from 42 to 51, and so on, up to a range of 52 to 63 for the last fight. Gradually increasing difficulty, and no more silly level 50 given a level 65 on fight #3 or whatever.
    This also means level 70 players would no longer get easy fights as they do now. Their first fight would be a minimum of 61 and max of 70, then 62-70 and so on. The last 3 fights would always be level 70.
    This is very simple coding, could be done in an hour or less. Simply take the existing matchmaking code, stick it in a "do until" loop with a check for the average level of the team selected at the end. If it doesn't land in the acceptable range, pick another team until it does.
    ETA: Just because you are having it easy doesn't mean everyone is. Using the term "crying" is unconstructive.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    Plz devs, ignore the whining and crying and please make GW a legit challenge.

Heck, i am willing tos ettle for you making it even just a little bit challenging.

Im basically FTP and have a mediocre team at best (i do not chase the flavor of the week like folks did with poe). I jut have easily farmable toons mashed up together in a team. Nothing special, nothing fancy and GW is nothing more then a cake walk.

I am pleading that you ignore the crying and make it challenging. You said it was supposed to be hard, suppsoed to be end-game content, supposed to not even be completeable daily so come on, dont listen to this mess and make it what YOU devs said it is supposed to be

This post is another acknowledgement gw is messed up. Some have it easy some are having impossible gw's.
  • Options
    This is a troll post. He is telling people to stop crying and L2P in other posts. Don't feed it and it will die on its on.
  • Options
    I know, but sometimes if you respond to trolls with constructive ideas instead of just engaging in the troll you can make something positive out of it.
  • Options
    This isn't one of those kinds of trolls. This is the kind who starts spamming your email because he's lonely inside types. The ones you can't feed after midnight..or is that a gremlin. Whatever.
  • D_Millennial
    847 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    You have people with level 60 characters getting multiple level 70 teams. Meanwhile, I'm maxed and rarely get them. The whole thing is a mess.
    A proper overhaul is months away. In the meantime they could fix a lot of these problems with a very simple coding change to hem in the average difficulty based on player level and fight number.
    The one I proposed in my long thread was this: In fight N for a player of level P, the average character level of the opponent chosen must be within the band (P+N-10) to (P+N-1). For example, if you are player level 50, your first fight can only be with teams having average character levels from 41 to 50. Your second fight opponents can range from 42 to 51, and so on, up to a range of 52 to 63 for the last fight. Gradually increasing difficulty, and no more silly level 50 given a level 65 on fight #3 or whatever.
    This also means level 70 players would no longer get easy fights as they do now. Their first fight would be a minimum of 61 and max of 70, then 62-70 and so on. The last 3 fights would always be level 70.
    This is very simple coding, could be done in an hour or less. Simply take the existing matchmaking code, stick it in a "do until" loop with a check for the average level of the team selected at the end. If it doesn't land in the acceptable range, pick another team until it does.
    ETA: Just because you are having it easy doesn't mean everyone is. Using the term "crying" is unconstructive.

+1

I saw a post on reddit where a lvl 55 team had to face a nearly maxed lvl 70 team. :/
  • Options
    This is a troll post. He is telling people to stop crying and L2P in other posts. Don't feed it and it will die on its on.

^^
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options

Mine used to be super hard.. But its been easy last few weeks. Im only level 56 and f2p still.. But im waiting for more affordable packs ($5-$10 range). Being 56 i might be in a sweet spot, or something.

I dont want it fixed, i need the mats. But i dont think he is trolling.. Its just v easy for some
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    J0K3R wrote: »

Mine used to be super hard.. But its been easy last few weeks. Im only level 56 and f2p still.. But im waiting for more affordable packs ($5-$10 range). Being 56 i might be in a sweet spot, or something.

I dont want it fixed, i need the mats. But i dont think he is trolling.. Its just v easy for some

Some days it is easy. I've beaten it about 7 times I think it is. Some days it has truly been easy . But some days it is beyond difficult. I'm lower level than you but for the past few days I'm getting full purple 68 and 69s with at least a star above me and sometimes two stars. It's not about strategy then, it's about I can't hurt them and their basics are one shotting me lol. I need those mats too! Lol
  • Options
    I'm level 64/65, and last few days, midway I had some 7*, purple 69 and 70's (I ate their specials with throwaway toons and obliterated them) and then the last few fights are 60-62, Blue with maybe 1 Purple.
  • Options

56 in't a sweet spot :/ I'm 56 near f2p and this is my GW. Sort of illustrates the massive variance since you are getting reasonable opponents.

jQdEkq3.jpg

• Options
    medetec wrote: »

56 in't a sweet spot :/ I'm 56 near f2p and this is my GW. Sort of illustrates the massive variance since you are getting reasonable opponents.

jQdEkq3.jpg

Level 70 with over 20 7* level 70 gear 8 characters. I haven't seen an opponent this tough in GW in two weeks.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

Agree fully, and i only use the term "crying" because so many lower lvl players are doing exactly that when the devs said in one of their announcements that it was meant to be hard, challenging, sometimes impossible, and above all, was meant to be ENDGAME content.

Lvl 50-60ish players are NOT endgame and therefore should be struggling to even finish it (if they can at all). They should be facing teams far far above their teams lvl to point of inpossibility.

Trust me, i fully acknowledge that dif peeps have dif experiences (as is the nature of things) BUT, the overwhelming majority of those having issues are NOT endgame players so it sounds to me like they need to accept that they are not yet "qualified" to handle GW and stop "crying" about it.
    Asking fir help, advice etc is constructive but just whining incessantly about a feature they cant yet handle when the devs clearly said thats the point is just rediculous.

I like your idea tho pal, sounds quite balanced.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    This isn't one of those kinds of trolls. This is the kind who starts spamming your email because he's lonely inside types. The ones you can't feed after midnight..or is that a gremlin. Whatever.

Lol too funny yet not the case haha
  • Options
    Ever notice it's the people who don't have kids who are always the ones giving parenting advice ? If facing teams almost 20 levels higher isn't your experience then hushhhhhhh. You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Go sit in the corner and be pretty an let those of us "with kids" talk amongst ourselves. You are not being helpful in any way.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I don't have a problem with it being hard, or even impossible to complete on a daily basis, but with the variance. There's a fundamental flaw in the system if a capped lvl 70 7* player is getting easier battles than a lvl 57 player. It's just wonky, theres no rime or reason to it and it feels bad. They need to tune the mode so it is a consistent challenge across the playerbase, not easy or hard depending on some arcane behind the scenes algorithm that arbitrarily hands out cake or ****.

edit: ok really disease names are censored? how about cancer? cake or cancer, does that work?
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    I look at it no dif then the yoda event (which ppl are already crying is too hard as well).
    I hve a 5* yoda because my team is not yet rdy to go after/beat 6* or 7* yoda. Thats how it works sometimes. GW i think is no different. If you struggle, its because your not ready. Some days it may let you get through and other days may seem too hard but thats how its designed. like yoda event, my team is not ready. The event is not too hard, my team is too weak is all.

I can accept it.........can you?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Agree fully, and i only use the term "crying" because so many lower lvl players are doing exactly that when the devs said in one of their announcements that it was meant to be hard, challenging, sometimes impossible, and above all, was meant to be ENDGAME content.
    That's actually not accurate. I made this claim in a thread once and @CG_JohnSalera specifically corrected me. It is not intended to only be "endgame" content. And it opens up a full 30 levels below the cap.
    If they are going to make it available to level 60s, 50s and 40s, it should be viable at those levels. I was able to finish at level 40, 45 etc. but it is substantially harder now, and imbalanced.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with it being hard, or even impossible to complete on a daily basis, but with the variance. There's a fundamental flaw in the system if a capped lvl 70 7* player is getting easier battles than a lvl 57 player. It's just wonky, theres no rime or reason to it and it feels bad. They need to tune the mode so it is a consistent challenge across the playerbase, not easy or hard depending on some arcane behind the scenes algorithm that arbitrarily hands out cake or ****.

edit: ok really disease names are censored? how about cancer? cake or cancer, does that work?

Lol its nuts what it wont let us say sometimes haha. I go back to what the devs said, its meant to be endgame. Lvl 50 players arent suppsoed to be able to complete it in general (thats why i think they have to face teams that are far out of reach). Its the games way of "checking" it so the player either cant make it or really really earns it perhaps.

Also, perhaps lvl70's getting some cake battles is the ganes way of rewards the work? I dunno
  • Options
    The Yoda event is consistent. I know I can't complete the 6* Yoda event. That's fine. It's easy to tell why I cant.

GW is an issue because a player the same level and power or even much higher gets objectively easier battles than another because of a mechanic that's not properly explained in the game and possibly doesn't even work correctly.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Ever notice it's the people who don't have kids who are always the ones giving parenting advice ? If facing teams almost 20 levels higher isn't your experience then hushhhhhhh. You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Go sit in the corner and be pretty an let those of us "with kids" talk amongst ourselves. You are not being helpful in any way.

Was that @ me?
    What parenting advice am i offering lol?
    and if so, i am a husband an father so check your facts before you act like you know me smh
  • Options
    I'm about 80% clear rate as long as I get within my level plus 10. There is a harsh break point above there that just wipes me out. I can handle one of those with a suicide squad but two in a row more than 10 levels above ends my day.

Keeping your healers charged is key as well as having a good first strike to kill one enemy. A QGJ /GS open eliminates a lot of problems
  • Options
    Noooooo you are assuming everyone who complains is slow or unable to grasp common concepts. I may or may not get Yoda this time. I'm 30 shards off. I like my chances. Will I beat the fight? I don't know...we will see. I won't "cry" about it. I do or I don't. As someone else said if 70s are getting easier battles then that's an issue. Remove your ego. Assume we aren't talking about ourselves. Do you understand? "Hey thanks for playing our game, go let the strongest % kick your teeth in daily" oh those of you at lvl 70 here is some mats to farm up your C team while these guys keep hitting the wall on their A team" was probably not how the GW design talk went.

• Options

this sounds like an excellent idea. why isn't it like this already??? why RNG to the extremem on GW?
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    That's actually not accurate. I made this claim in a thread once and @CG_JohnSalera specifically corrected me. It is not intended to only be "endgame" content. And it opens up a full 30 levels below the cap.
    If they are going to make it available to level 60s, 50s and 40s, it should be viable at those levels. I was able to finish at level 40, 45 etc. but it is substantially harder now, and imbalanced.

Perhaps the devs caved on that then too but i read where a dev said it was always meant to be endgame content. If thats no longer the case, then my apologies.........

Here i am, trying to share info provied from a dev that the devs have since caved on. My apologies, apparently the devs reassure us that crying gets us what we want (yet again) so ignore the post, and pass out the tissues........ Game on

But seriously, if thats the case then yes, there is definatly a balancing issue and lower lvl folks should not be expected to face top emd opponets. If its NOT meant to be endgame then the need to make it easier so everyone can complete it easily.
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    I'm about 80% clear rate as long as I get within my level plus 10. There is a harsh break point above there that just wipes me out. I can handle one of those with a suicide squad but two in a row more than 10 levels above ends my day.

Keeping your healers charged is key as well as having a good first strike to kill one enemy. A QGJ /GS open eliminates a lot of problems

That's about my experience. I'd be willing to chalk that up to intended difficulty if other players weren't reporting significantly easier content, which leads me to broken matchmaking instead of an intended challenge.

• Options
    also the weekly themes seems like such a cool idea. probably a lot of work but hey, would be cool to see
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Noooooo you are assuming everyone who complains is slow or unable to grasp common concepts. I may or may not get Yoda this time. I'm 30 shards off. I like my chances. Will I beat the fight? I don't know...we will see. I won't "cry" about it. I do or I don't. As someone else said if 70s are getting easier battles then that's an issue. Remove your ego. Assume we aren't talking about ourselves. Do you understand? "Hey thanks for playing our game, go let the strongest % kick your teeth in daily" oh those of you at lvl 70 here is some mats to farm up your C team while these guys keep hitting the wall on their A team" was probably not how the GW design talk went.

I most certainly am not. I never said (or assumed) anyone was slow or unable to grasp concepts. i also have no ego. As i have said many times, my team is nothing special, mediocre at best.

You really should not make up things about me or about how/what i think lol. Makes you look quite foolish as you have now been compeltly inaccurate multiple times.
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »

That's about my experience. I'd be willing to chalk that up to intended difficulty if other players weren't reporting significantly easier content, which leads me to broken matchmaking instead of an intended challenge.

What proves it to me is also not the difficulty alone but the complaints and the sudden spike. I'm not 80% but at this point I'm probably....45ish lol. I've beaten it 7 times including the first a few days after I unlocked GW. But I digress, when you fight a team your lvl/power/etc within 3 levels either way for 2-3 fights, and the next fight spikes to full on purples 15 lvls higher and 2 stars higher with abilities 2-3 lvls higher ... Well that's clearly not intended. If it was the intent I could roll with that but it should be the final battle if that were true.