Make GW a legit challenge please!!!!!!

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I believe the parenting reference, paraphrased, would be something like.....

Ever notice some of those with no experience of a given situation or subject matter still manage to try to opine on the subject? Perhaps they should refrain if they lack the experience.

And frankly I concur -

I run two accounts. One is 64, one 67. Built almost identically other than RNG Bronzium pulls being kinder to the higher account and giving it more random toons (Ashoka, JKG, Fives, none of them in my A or B groups but there nonetheless).

67 account is either extremely EXTREMELY lucky or the 64 one that unlucky - I consistently see higher and more difficult opponent groups in GW with the Lower level account - which is 50 ranks lower in Arena, less toons, lower leveled toons, less purple geared toons.

If you do not have the experience of GW ripping you apart for no logical reason then good for you. I see both sides - quite literally - and say that in my opinion (and with a proper perspective) without question the ranking and difficulty metrics are FUBAR as it stands.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    I'm about 80% clear rate as long as I get within my level plus 10. There is a harsh break point above there that just wipes me out. I can handle one of those with a suicide squad but two in a row more than 10 levels above ends my day.

Keeping your healers charged is key as well as having a good first strike to kill one enemy. A QGJ /GS open eliminates a lot of problems

That's about my experience. I'd be willing to chalk that up to intended difficulty if other players weren't reporting significantly easier content, which leads me to broken matchmaking instead of an intended challenge.

What proves it to me is also not the difficulty alone but the complaints and the sudden spike. I'm not 80% but at this point I'm probably....45ish lol. I've beaten it 7 times including the first a few days after I unlocked GW. But I digress, when you fight a team your lvl/power/etc within 3 levels either way for 2-3 fights, and the next fight spikes to full on purples 15 lvls higher and 2 stars higher with abilities 2-3 lvls higher ... Well that's clearly not intended. If it was the intent I could roll with that but it should be the final battle if that were true.

Check qeltars comment above, it seems the devs caved on their previous statement about GW being endgame content. (Which means if they went back on that, then my info from the devs is not fully valid)
    Given that, i am quite sure GW is unbalanced and needs to be made easier for folks lvl'n up.
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    Plz devs, ignore the whining and crying and please make GW a legit challenge.

Heck, i am willing tos ettle for you making it even just a little bit challenging.

Im basically FTP and have a mediocre team at best (i do not chase the flavor of the week like folks did with poe). I jut have easily farmable toons mashed up together in a team. Nothing special, nothing fancy and GW is nothing more then a cake walk.

I am pleading that you ignore the crying and make it challenging. You said it was supposed to be hard, suppsoed to be end-game content, supposed to not even be completeable daily so come on, dont listen to this mess and make it what YOU devs said it is supposed to be
    Two words. Shut. Up
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    I'm about 80% clear rate as long as I get within my level plus 10. There is a harsh break point above there that just wipes me out. I can handle one of those with a suicide squad but two in a row more than 10 levels above ends my day.

Keeping your healers charged is key as well as having a good first strike to kill one enemy. A QGJ /GS open eliminates a lot of problems

That's about my experience. I'd be willing to chalk that up to intended difficulty if other players weren't reporting significantly easier content, which leads me to broken matchmaking instead of an intended challenge.

What proves it to me is also not the difficulty alone but the complaints and the sudden spike. I'm not 80% but at this point I'm probably....45ish lol. I've beaten it 7 times including the first a few days after I unlocked GW. But I digress, when you fight a team your lvl/power/etc within 3 levels either way for 2-3 fights, and the next fight spikes to full on purples 15 lvls higher and 2 stars higher with abilities 2-3 lvls higher ... Well that's clearly not intended. If it was the intent I could roll with that but it should be the final battle if that were true.

Check qeltars comment above, it seems the devs caved on their previous statement about GW being endgame content. (Which means if they went back on that, then my info from the devs is not fully valid)
    Given that, i am quite sure GW is unbalanced and needs to be made easier for folks lvl'n up.

I get your point on the crying and whining. I see it in many threads. I'm sure I will cry about something silly soon enough, but this ain't that. I (and many others dealing with this) can handle a challenge and I enjoy it, but this is something different.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Check qeltars comment above, it seems the devs caved on their previous statement about GW being endgame content.

You're jumping from one false statement to another. I searched for the "endgame" quote from a dev back when John replied to me. I couldn't find one. It was just another example of a player claiming something and it getting passed around. Unless you can actually find a quote saying this, in which case I'll retract the above.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Check qeltars comment above, it seems the devs caved on their previous statement about GW being endgame content.

You're jumping from one false statement to another. I searched for the "endgame" quote from a dev back when John replied to me. I couldn't find one. It was just another example of a player claiming something and it getting passed around. Unless you can actually find a quote saying this, in which case I'll retract the above.

No i was agreeing with you, if john corrected you or whatever and made it clear that GW was NOT meant to be endgame then 1/2 my points are invalid (i did not know or see where the devs changed their minds on this so was u aware but they can wdit comments no different then we can so not finding it does not mean it wasnt said. I read it so it was said but since may have been changed). Since you filled me in, i can move forward with more correct info.

As for the comment iteslf, its been far too long ago now and buried im sure if not edited. Not worth any effort to try and find. Unlike some folks, if you say john said it to you, thats good enough fir me. If i cant trust you or what u say then no point in even debating. One would think you have no reason to make it up so thats goid enough fir me pal :)