Geo Soldier's Swarm not swarming

Ring
559 posts Member
edited February 2016
The Swarm attack is supposed to call an ally. Not 50% of calling an ally, not "may call an ally". No. It calls an ally to attack, period. Theory ends here. Over the past several days I noticed that GS doesn't always call an ally, sometimes he attacks and nothing happens. No one joins him, no one helps him, basically wasting his special attack.

Now, I could understand it if I had some stunned characters. While it seems ridiculous that the AI would try to summon a stunned ally to attack, it is possible I guess. But if my entire team is fine and they just decide they couldn't be bothered to help him, I feel like we may have a small issue.

Has anyone ever encountered anything of the sort before?

Replies

• Havent noticed has looked normal to me even more OP than normal.
  • Was one of your team stunned at the time? I thought that stunned characters being called to assist was no longer a thing?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about that.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    I've had both situations happen - with and without stunned characters on my team. As I said, having a stunned character summoned is just plain silly, but I could understand that happening. However, I think that what I saw two or three times recently may have just been a bug, nothing more. Hence my question if anyone else experienced anything similar.
  • I have seen the same thing. Usually happens when someone is stunned, but I have also seen it happen rarely when all of my team is available.

I haven't kept great track of it because it happens so infrequently, but it seems that when he doesn't call an assist on a fully available team, it is because I used that special on Dooku.

Are you seeing the same thing? Or is it any character?
  • Assists should proc 30%. too OP.
  • I noticed this in GW yesterday, one of my characters was stunned so im assuming its trying to call in the stunned character and nothing happens. Makes stun a viable counter to assist teams. I kinda like it.
  • It's ok, if a char is stunned, it can't assist. Nothing wrong here
  • Mine is working fine. How many times have you tested this?
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    @Ivan_Drago Please read my posts farefully. I specifically said that I AM aware of a glitch when GS is trying to call a stunned ally, but this has also happened when none of my team are stunned.

@ThalosKirano I don't know, because I wasn't really testing. GS is one of my main toons, always in action (Arena, cantina, whatever) so I use him a lot. I've noticed it once or twice, wnough to make me wonder about it and then today I saw it happen again. Let me stress again: NONE of my characters were stunned at the time, I DID press the right button, because I notice GS taking that Swarm stance, gripping his weapon harder, and then nothing else happened, he fired and no one responded to his call.

@designingsean It's very possible it's because of Dooku, I see a lot of him in the arena recently (maybe because of all the Jedi teams), so chances are good he's to blame.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Was one of your team stunned at the time?.

This
  • Qui Gon tries to have stunned guys assist and no one comes too. Happens to me ALL the time with QGJ.
  • Finn
    111 posts Member
    same issue with fives
  • Man, he is attainable by anyone and super easy to farm. Go get one.
  • I have seen it myself as well with both GS and QGJ. Most people want to talk about someone being stunned and of course that happens.

However I've also had it where no one was called to assist and there were no toons stunned. Rare but it does happen.