Shard drop rates, no patch improvement "feels worse".

HanSlowMo
235 posts Member
edited February 2016
Seriously drop the RNG on shard / gear drops.

I typically like an RNG system while farming or looking for gear in other games but the current system is awful. With the amount of characters in this game as well as gear, the current drop system is far far FAR too long to actually accumulate anything within a reasonable amount of time. (or even a reasonable amount of money).

I'll start off with this:
So, for the next major update (not the Player Level increase, but the one after), we're looking to find a way to make it feel better. Once we lock on the approach, @EA_Jesse, @CG_AaronNemoyten, or I can communicate it out.
Hope that helps!

What happened with this? If the "change" was adding the little green flag around your shard count, it definitely doesn't feel better. Maybe this post is coming from frustration after going 2 shards for 24 on Mace (300 crystals in refreshes or around $2 in crystal currency based on the best pack), or going 0-6 on FOTP for the day, but with the amount of characters in this game how could it be reasonable to obtain a character to 7* every 100-150 days going on a 2 shard a day drop chance (like many characters with two nodes...FOTP for example). With cantina going to the next tier of refresh (400) it bumps the cost up to another ~$2.50 and it's already almost a $5 dollar investment for the day on ONE hero to gain (based on assumed drop rates) 4 shards. Of course doing only the two refreshes is ideal, you are still looking at MOST 8 total shards for ~$2.50 and zero refreshes for anything else for the remainder of the day. Yes yes RNG and some days are better than others...we all know that, but it seems to even out to 1 shard per 4-5 attempts.

How can we expect the meta or the game to evolve any if the majority of options are on a 2-3 month farm time (WHILE farming only 1-2 heroes per day?). We are how many months into this game and it's STILL only Sid, Dooku, Lumi, ect. ect. I've seen a small surge of QGJ in the highest tiers of PVP, and chances are 2 months from now most will have him 7* and using him as well. This makes for an extremely dull game...