Ezra vs. Hera: Who is more important to farm for Thrawn?

2Next

Replies

• Tell me about it I just unloaded all of them in to my PS

And it just gets worse, wait to see what it takes to get them to g9...
  • Both are MUST HAVES
  • Unless things change next time around you only need g7 to unlock thrawn at 5* maybe 6* (mine is 6*) chopper is toon you dont teally need.

Ezra is one heck of a dps toon so he is definitely one you want, sabine too. Zeb & Kanan are less useful and chopper is just plain useless.

Once captain han solo is out I'm itching to try zjyn led captain han/hera/2 other rebs... that means you have 3 toons who revive... and hera who can keep captain han & zjyn alive after a deathblow... plus hera can stack 2 exposes on healthiest toon under zyn lead...

I think hera's time in spotlight is coming soon.
  • In order of usefulness

1. Hera
    2. Ezra
    14. The other 4
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited August 2017

In order of usefulness

1. Hera
    2. Ezra
    14. The other 4 All 6 Phoenix Squad Members

Fixed it for you.
  • Winstar wrote: »

In order of usefulness

1. Hera
    2. Ezra
    14. The other 4 All 6 Phoenix Squad Members

Fixed it for you.

Nah, Hera is vital for Thrawn and TB for her leader ability and Ezra is superb in a Jedi or Rebel squad under QGJ or Wedge. The rest are kittens.
  • Get Hera from cantina node and buy Ezra shards from fleet.
  • On how many * of Thrawn do you aim?
    Honesty I don't think his event will be back too soon, so probably you will have time to get both to 7*. In terms of gearing, ezra is the most important.
  • Sabine is better than chopper and her is the only Phoenix with a leader but you will need both

Sabine hasn't got a leader ability, Hera is the PS's leader
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
    518 posts Member
    Hera definitly. She's the only leader of this squad, without her lead your squad worth nothing. Ezra is pretty important to. I would say that Choper is not a must-have farm but all other five are !
    Ezra is the best damage dealer, followed by Sabine who's good and all of them can land high damages.
    Kanan and Zeb are making your team tanky and countering a lot while they heal and regen more protection if debuffed. With Ezra and Sabine they hit harder each turn (yes, sabine is not increasing damage over turns but with Ezra you are, so critical chance and damage are required to be more efficient). And Hera gives TM when they use their special (Ezra gain 70% TM with his second special : 50+20% if the target is not buffed).
  • Kanan0017
    81 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Lossberg wrote: »
    On how many * of Thrawn do you aim?
    Honesty I don't think his event will be back too soon, so probably you will have time to get both to 7*. In terms of gearing, ezra is the most important.

Aiming (and hopefully wishing) for 7* but I don't know if I'm gonna have them all ready in time. And I think some missed the main part of the question where I said do I keep going on ezra until he's 7 (hes currently 6) or do I get hera to 6, back to ezra for 7, and back to hera for 7?

I had never intended to use one or the other. You can't win without Hera's leader, or Ezra's offense.
  • @Kanan0017

Is your goal just to unlock Thrawn or to get him 7*?

There is a whale on my shard who had all of his Phoenix to G9-G10 by he has garbage 5dot mods and he still wasn't able to get 7* Thrawn.

If you have at least a couple sets of plus 100 speed for Ezra and Sabine/Chopper and 70+ for Hera and some good tanky mods for Kanan and Zeb then G8-G9 is doable.

Without really good (fast) mods, you will struggle.
  • As most people have said, Hera is required to get Thrawn. Without her, uniques aren't shared. Ezra is better than Sabine for the Thrawn event -- she is the weakest link in that squad.

For the last tier, you need a lot of speed, and you need to get Zeb's potency at 70% or above. Zeb can control Thrawn with his daze/stun, but you need it to land.
  • Kanan0017
    81 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    @Kanan0017

There is a whale on my shard who had all of his Phoenix to G9-G10 by he has garbage 5dot mods and he still wasn't able to get 7* Thrawn.

If you have at least a couple sets of plus 100 speed for Ezra and Sabine/Chopper and 70+ for Hera and some good tanky mods for Kanan and Zeb then G8-G9 is doable.

*sigh*...I guess at this point its unlock and 6* if I'm lucky. They're more then ready for tier 5 when the event comes back. I'm assuming it will be October-November ish since they'll be doing stuff for Last Jedi in December.
  • Hskull55 wrote: »
    Sabine is better than chopper and her is the only Phoenix with a leader but you will need both

Sabine hasn't got a leader ability, Hera is the PS's leader

I meant hera but all Phoenix are good for gw and for rancor I only don't have chopper 7 started but I have to auto them cause they are way to slow but they go forever like the Energizer Bunny
  • coeuss
    216 posts Member
    Ezra 100% and Chopper isn't as bad as some say. He helps survivability.
  • Kanan0017 wrote: »
    @Kanan0017

*sigh*...I guess at this point its unlock and 6* if I'm lucky. They're more then ready for tier 5 when the event comes back. I'm assuming it will be October-November ish since they'll be doing stuff for Last Jedi in December.

Why so pessimistic? You have plenty of time, really. You need mix of g7-9 PS and just some good mod set. I got him 7* last time, so trust me, I know what am I saying. And if you are not planning to use Ezra anywhere else there's absolutely no difference who to farm first.
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    Well, for getting Thrawn to 7* specifically, you obviously need both anyway, so for that purpose it doesn't matter who you do first, because failing to complete both locks you out of that goal.

So, the question is, what does doing either one first get you? In Ezra's case, since he's actually a solid character in his own right and does well on Jedi or Rebel teams in AAT, or Jedi teams in arena, you might consider finishing him first if you think you'll use him in either of those. But on the flip side, the only thing he really needs that last star for is to qualify for Heroic AAT - if you're doing normal AAT, the 6* you have is enough, and there's little enough difference between 6 and 7* that it won't be a huge issue to wait on it even if you want him in arena.

For Hera? Eh, she's pretty much useless outside of a full Phoenix team, and the full Phoenix team isn't great at anything, and is only needed for Thrawn and one mission in the new Territory Battles. But 6*ing her first does help qualify you for the 6* tier of Thrawn (if you're worried about Thrawn's event coming back sooner rather than later) and that mission in Territory Battles p5, whereas if you 7* Ezra first but leave Hera at 5* you take longer to qualify for those.

So: if you want to use Ezra in HAAT soon, or really want him maxed in arena, finish him then do Hera. If you're worried about qualifying for Thrawn/TB in time, do Hera to 6* first, then 7* Ezra, then Hera. If neither of those is true, it genuinely doesn't matter at all what order you do them in.
  • As far as farming goes, you can get Ezra from Fleet Shipments so finish Hera first as you'll have two places to farm for Ezra when she's done. But if you focus on Ezra and have bad luck you may not get hera on time.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease