Wookie control (in tune of Prince song)

I wanna know, where did all the Wookies go? We get all these other factions but no Woolies. We get Clone Wars Chewbacca but not an Episode IV or Force Awakens. In the Clone Wars there was a bunch of Wookies. We get ewoks, empire, scoundrel,and so on. We need Wookies. Make Wookies great again.

Replies

• I agree. I rather have a WHOLE slew of wookiees. I would pay good money.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    At one point I heard he was supposed to be the first "universal toon" like R2. One toon who spans all th eras.

Maybe he has a future. I don't see a faction of wooki (is it wook"ee" or wook"eye" for the plural? :wink: )
  • At least some kind of synergy with the ewoks if we're limited to Chewie
  • jjh82077 wrote: »
    I wanna know, where did all the Wookies go? We get all these other factions but no Woolies. We get Clone Wars Chewbacca but not an Episode IV or Force Awakens. In the Clone Wars there was a bunch of Wookies. We get ewoks, empire, scoundrel,and so on. We need Wookies. Make Wookies great again.

He did it all for the wookie
  • E-woks were the replacements for wook-iEs in ROTJ. There relationship between Lucas' original ideas for wookies and for ewoks is complicated, but the earlier idea of the wookies clearly morphed into the later idea of the ewoks. Lucas has said that this was because he wanted to do a primitives vs. high tech battle and he had already established wookies as capable of flying starships and repairing droids (through Chewbacca). A very early draft of Ep4 included a wookies vs Empire battle, IIRC. The battle was to take place in a forest using no-tech/low-tech wookies. When ROTJ's script was being put together and Lucas decided it was finally time for that battle to be shown on screen, he merely changed the wookies to ewoks, and presto!

Although he doesn't portray it this way, I think the 1/2 size teddy-bear like critters were clearly a marketing ploy. He could have had a primitives vs Empire battle without the primitives looking so darn cute to 8 year olds. But he didn't.

Given all that, I'm quite sympathetic to synergies between wookies & ewoks, though I'd be happier to see more Wookies show up.
  • E-woks were the replacements for wook-iEs in ROTJ. There relationship between Lucas' original ideas for wookies and for ewoks is complicated, but the earlier idea of the wookies clearly morphed into the later idea of the ewoks. Lucas has said that this was because he wanted to do a primitives vs. high tech battle and he had already established wookies as capable of flying starships and repairing droids (through Chewbacca). A very early draft of Ep4 included a wookies vs Empire battle, IIRC. The battle was to take place in a forest using no-tech/low-tech wookies. When ROTJ's script was being put together and Lucas decided it was finally time for that battle to be shown on screen, he merely changed the wookies to ewoks, and presto!

Although he doesn't portray it this way, I think the 1/2 size teddy-bear like critters were clearly a marketing ploy. He could have had a primitives vs Empire battle without the primitives looking so darn cute to 8 year olds. But he didn't.

Given all that, I'm quite sympathetic to synergies between wookies & ewoks, though I'd be happier to see more Wookies show up.

We could start with the wookie from KOTOR, I forget his name.