Trying to figure out Solo Rancor team...

GeneralOrgana
27 posts Member
edited September 2017
Hey guys!

Here is my collection: Collection

Any advice on my quickest route to a solo rancor heroic team?

I managed to solo the first round with Teebo/CLS/R2/Old Ben/Leia (who did 1.5M damage on her own). But then it fell apart in round 2.

The closest I can find in the reccomended Solo teams is "Lightzader" - DV, Tarkin, Jyn, TIE, Sidious - so I'm working on Jyn and TIE now.

Until then, does anyone have any suggestions on other toons I could use to at least attempt it?

Thank you!
Post edited by GeneralOrgana on

Replies

• I use Wedge (L), Biggs, CLS and Jyn. Can't quite auto with this team though (died in P4 on auto). Zader also works good but takes longer
  • Wedge L, Biggs, CLS, Jyn, and a fifth toon with TM removal on basic is super easy to auto. I use Rex for the fifth but you could likely substitute Bistan or QGJ. With your available toons, I think a solo would be very hard and take forever. Assuming your Vader is zeta, your best shot would probably be Zader L, CLS, Tarkin, R2, Teebo
  • You don't need other toons. You need to use less. Leia and OB aren't adding anything, and Leia is actually making it harder with the multiple attacks generating TM. You could probably get by with Teebo lead, CLS, and R2. Or you could do Wiggs, CLS, and QGJ (could be Han or Rex etc., but you have QGJ). Adding in more characters that don't remove TM or cause Rancor to generate more TM than you can adequately handles is counterproductive.
  • Zader, EP, CLS, Rex and STH can probably get you to at least the end of phase 3
  • I used Wedge g10 (L), Biggs g10, R2 g9, Teebo g9, CLS g8. Took about 15 minutes. No Zetas
  • Would teboo(L), Vader, bisten, jyn, and tusken sharpen work or would Zader be a better lead
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    zVader, CLS, Tarkin, Teebo, R2D2
  • CLS alone with 250+ speed can auto
  • Wiggs with luke is a 12 minute auto, no need for the other 2 spots to be filled
  • Teebo (L) cls/jyn/rex/ewok scout

You can use thrawn, qgj, bistan also... but the team above will solo the whole T7 on auto and is f2p (with time & patience) which begs the question... why? Won"t your guildies hate you for hawgin the dmg? Or is your guild just getting into the T7 game?
  • "Loose_Lee wrote: »
    "...which begs the question... why? Won"t your guildies hate you for hawgin the dmg? Or is your guild just getting into the T7 game?

Everyone can solo it, as long as your guild coordinates. About half my guild can. You just wait to drop your score until the rest of those that can't finish him off. That's why there is that hour buffer after a raid - to allow everyone to finish. Then it sorts all the people with a solo score and randomly orders them for rewards (since they all got the same).

Just to update, I was able to do it with Teebo - L (G8,151s), CLS (G11,250s), and R2 (G11,216s).

I got CLS up to 250 speed with mods, but he still gets toasted in the first round solo. I think once I zeta him that might change. In the meantime, this team worked - mostly auto, though a few times I did drop the door on the Rancor manually. TBH, I'm not sure that actually helped or not. R2 dies at the beginning of P2, but Teebo makes it at least to P3. I played with retreating them, but I found it better just to let them die naturally.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions, guys!
  • GeneralOrgana
    27 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    why? Won"t your guildies hate you for hawgin the dmg? Or is your guild just getting into the T7 game?

No - everyone can log a solo. That's why you get that 1 hour buffer after it's over. Those that can solo wait until the raid is over to drop him for your score.

It's a good thing, because I found a combo but it took about 1/2 hour, mostly on auto, LOL. I stopped it a few times to pull the door down on the Rancor, but I'm not sure if that helped or didn't.

I ended up with Teebo - L (G8,151s), CLS (G11,250s), R2 (G11,216s).

None have Zeta - I have a feeling CLS alone might be able to do it once he has his first Z. Without it, he gets overwhelmed in P2 with the guards. I played around with retreating Teebo and R2, but I found it easier to just let them die naturally. R2 usually departs sometime early in P2, but Teebo can last until well into P3.

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! They helped a lot in figuring it all out!
  • I have the components of a "lightzader" team (Zader, Jyn, Tarkin, TFP, Sidious). What mods/speed do I need to actually make this team auto? Haven't actually played this team yet; just got Jyn to 7 stars. Current speeds: Jyn 207, Zader 179, Tarkin 187, TFP 208, Sidious 190.

I was previously running Zader with Tarkin, TFP, Teebo and R2 but could never make it through more than half of P4, and it took forever on manual. I don't have CLS unfortunately.
  • Hey guys!

I managed to solo the first round with Teebo/CLS/R2/Old Ben/Leia (who did 1.5M damage on her own). But then it fell apart in round 2.

The closest I can find in the reccomended Solo teams is "Lightzader" - DV, Tarkin, Jyn, TIE, Sidious - so I'm working on Jyn and TIE now.

Until then, does anyone have any suggestions on other toons I could use to at least attempt it?

Thank you!

DV, Tarkin, Jyn, TIE, Sidious - Swap for Bistan for Sidious and you should be able to solo - but manual and use Zader's saber toss sparingly. I had more success with Zader, zDN, Tarkin, Jyn and Bistan. DN's annihilate was great.

Wiggs, zCLS and Zolo can auto in under 10 minutes. Add Jyn if you want to make sure of it.
  • anyone kno what can i replace jyn with?She's not at full power yet

also solo it means it can do phase 1-4 without problems right
  • Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Hey guys!

Thank you!

DV, Tarkin, Jyn, TIE, Sidious - Swap for Bistan for Sidious and you should be able to solo - but manual and use Zader's saber toss sparingly. I had more success with Zader, zDN, Tarkin, Jyn and Bistan. DN's annihilate was great.

Wiggs, zCLS and Zolo can auto in under 10 minutes. Add Jyn if you want to make sure of it.

You don't actually need a zeta on CLS, but def need the zeta on Han Solo
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    newbornFL wrote: »
    anyone kno what can i replace jyn with?She's not at full power yet

also solo it means it can do phase 1-4 without problems right

FOO (First Order Officer) has similar mechanics. He can grant full TM to another toon and remove 40% TM from the Rancor quite frequently.

Many solo teams will need a bit of luck in phase 4, but should be able to make it through phase 1 through 3 consistently