Update to Territory Battle Timers - 8/25/17 [MEGA THREAD]

Replies

• BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Fantastic news! Now just let me use my zVeers on Hoth.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Fantastic news! Now just let me use my zVeers on Hoth.

this^
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Just wanted to chime in and say thanks for the initial change to the timers. Was not looking forward to having to get up before noon.
  • (un?)intended consequence will also almost eliminate guild hopping for rewards.
  • Jaajaa71 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Jaajaa71 wrote: »
    So just to confirm this temporary change will give a start time for everyone at 1pm UTC, regardless of your guild leaders time zone?
    No, 6:00am your guild founder's time. The UTC time was given so that you could more-easily figure out your time. I think.

Actually it probably wasn't needed at all...

It stated "we are going to launch the feature with 24 hour phases. They will start at 1PM UTC (for all players) on Wednesdays and end at 1PM UTC on Tuesdays."

To me that's saying it starts at 1pm UTC for everyone, regardless of what time zone you are in.
    Oh, yeah. Looks like that's the case, then.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Faroer wrote: »
    Thanks for making this change! If I may offer a humble solution that will save you time tuning or re-tuning the timing of TBs going forward

1) Launch TB's once per week with a 6 day timer.
    2) Allow guilds to mark a phase as complete and reset their toons at will.
    3) Rewards are distributed when the 6 phases are done, OR the 6 day timer expires, whichever comes first.
    4) the next TB starts.

If guilds burn all toons and finish phases fast, they can run through the full 6 phase cycle without waiting. On the other hand, if they need a little extra time to get coordinated, they can hold off reseting longer as needed. This flexibility leaves what to do in the guilds hands and requires no further analysis or resources from CG freeing you to continue your good work.

As a bonus this would be particularly valuable when members are traveling or ill.

That's not a bad idea. +1
  • Real quick it says in there that 4 squads and one fleet is required. Does that mean that's all you are able to use or that's the base amount of teams you can use?
    Ally code: 357613281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/
  • Real quick it says in there that 4 squads and one fleet is required. Does that mean that's all you are able to use or that's the base amount of teams you can use?
    No, I think they're saying there just isn't more you NEED to do per phase. Not because there's a hardcap on number of attempts (like in raids) but because territories just don't have that many Combat Missions that you'd need more.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Will we have the same number of territory battles per week or month?

This ^
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks for making this change! If I may offer a humble solution that will save you time tuning or re-tuning the timing of TBs going forward

3) Rewards are distributed when the 6 phases are done, OR the 6 day timer expires, whichever comes first.
    4) the next TB starts.

If guilds burn all toons and finish phases fast, they can run through the full 6 phase cycle without waiting. On the other hand, if they need a little extra time to get coordinated, they can hold off reseting longer as needed. This flexibility leaves what to do in the guilds hands and requires no further analysis or resources from CG freeing you to continue your good work.

As a bonus this would be particularly valuable when members are traveling or ill.

Sounds great! But then again... you'll have some guilds who accidentally hit the move on button without having everyone complete the special missions and complain. :neutral:
    Another thing is guild hopping will be a thing again if you can go through all of TB in 1 day, what's to say that you complete multiple TB's within the week?
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Tavanh wrote: »

4) the next TB starts.

Sounds great! But then again... you'll have some guilds who accidentally hit the move on button without having everyone complete the special missions and complain. :neutral:
    Another thing is guild hopping will be a thing again if you can go through all of TB in 1 day, what's to say that you complete multiple TB's within the week?

Good question. I assumed everyone knew this background info in my post which was wrong to do - Mobilegamer did an interview with the devs that released the same day as Warrior and Ahnalds summary videos. The dev confirmed that a player cannot participate in or gain rewards from an in progress TB. Because all guilds are now on a set weekly start schedule and launch simultaneously, by definition a player cannot guild hop because whatever guild that player was a part of at the start of the TB is the only guild that player can participate with or gain rewards from. This is a good design choice by CG that makes guild hopping impossible, and thus a non issue in my suggestion.

As for mistakes - yes people can make mistakes, just like they can with managing coins for raids, or managing teams within raids. However most guilds learn how to manage raids and not screw up. Given that guilds can manage generally raids, it is reasonable to expect guilds would learn how to do TB right as well. Mistakes are opportunities to learn! :-)
  • 4 squads,1 fleet per phase and characters reset per phase only uses top 20 toons and 8 ships?
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    How the heck can you say you like this news? Instead of having the event during the weekend they moved it during work hours for most people, kitten is this?
    giphy.gif
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • AnakedJaywalker
    719 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Nightlores wrote: »
    How the heck can you say you like this news? Instead of having the event during the weekend they moved it during work hours for most people, kitten is this?
    giphy.gif

You work 24 hour shifts on weekdays? Rough.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    How the heck can you say you like this news? Instead of having the event during the weekend they moved it during work hours for most people, **** is this?
    giphy.gif

No but it was stated first couple phases are over fast. 10 minutes for phase 1, over half the guild will miss TB if it resets at that time. I am guessing 1pm utc is even during the night for some guilds. Having it not based on guild reset is a bad thing.
  • Nightlores wrote: »
    How the heck can you say you like this news? Instead of having the event during the weekend they moved it during work hours for most people, **** is this?
    giphy.gif

No but it was stated first couple phases are over fast. 10 minutes for phase 1, over half the guild will miss TB if it resets at that time. I am guessing 1pm utc is even during the night for some people. Having it not based on guild reset is a bad thing.

Eh, it's open for 24 hours, it's a checklist of individual tasks for each guild member, not a raid boss. There's nothing to stop you from starting it with half an hour to go 20 hours after the other 49 players in your guild have finished.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    giphy.gif

No but it was stated first couple phases are over fast. 10 minutes for phase 1, over half the guild will miss TB if it resets at that time. I am guessing 1pm utc is even during the night for some guilds. Having it not based on guild reset is a bad thing.
    The phase isn't over for 24 hours. Your guild may have already earned enough TP to 3-star the territory in 10 minutes, but that's not the same thing at all. You can still try your hand at the missions if you want to compete for bragging rights.
    Otherwise, you all share the same rewards, so it's not like you'd be missing out if they'd already managed to earn 3 stars.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Sounds good, but the wanting to go back to 12H phases and in weekends makes me wonder if any of the CG employees have a family? Sorry kiddo but dad/mom can't take you to Disney/Lego/whatever land as CG wants me to play. Yeah right I think people would quit before saying that (I hope so for the kids)
    I for one hope that they keep the new schedule permanently or use the @Faroer suggestion
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Ztyle wrote: »
    Sounds good, but the wanting to go back to 12H phases and in weekends makes me wonder if any of the CG employees have a family? Sorry kiddo but dad/mom can't take you to Disney/Lego/whatever land as CG wants me to play. Yeah right I think people would quit before saying that (I hope so for the kids)
    I for one hope that they keep the new schedule permanently or use the @Faroer suggestion
    If mom/dad already play SWGoH, then they have enough time to deploy their troops and auto the first few waves of a couple of missions. You could probably speed through a halfhearted TB phase in about 5 minutes.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Have we got a date this is starting yet ?
  • Pyrefly wrote: »
    giphy.gif

The phase isn't over for 24 hours. Your guild may have already earned enough TP to 3-star the territory in 10 minutes, but that's not the same thing at all. You can still try your hand at the missions if you want to compete for bragging rights.
    Otherwise, you all share the same rewards, so it's not like you'd be missing out if they'd already managed to earn 3 stars.
    Ok i guess platoon will only be filled then. The rest is still playable for everone. Thats not so bad. Thx for clearing that up :)

• Seeing as I made at least 3 complaint posts in the original thread, I thought I should make at least 1 thank you post now that CG/EA has listened!

Thanks!
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I still dont see how hard it is to learn something in 3 days. That we need 6. But ok ;)

If it only takes about 15 minutes every 12 hours this shouldnt put a strain on family life
  • I don't understand why it needs to be UTC start time for all players, every other facet of this game is done off a players local time zone, this effects guilds like mine which is all Australian player base.
  • Faroer wrote: »

4) the next TB starts.

That's the best idea man!
  • @ Devs - one question:

If i boot someone not doing his 600 and reinvite him to the guild he/she can´t participate on active raids anymore. What happens during TB? What happens when we do the Leia mission and someone did or did not finish it? When i reinvite this person - does he/she have to wait until the next Phase starts and is his/her last Phase progress lost?
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • Jack92
    179 posts Member
    Good Job!
  • Prudkoan
    236 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    What the stupid change? Small time to play in new mode? Why? If you dont want or cant play mobile game - dont start it. 6 days oh God....1 day per phase that last 10-15 min? Is it very interesting? Play 15 min and need to wait 24 hrs for more 10 min of gameplay?
  • Anyone else think the first one will be this Wednesday?