HELP QUICKLY

JimmyLC15
1 posts Member
edited February 2016
So I've been playing the game for awhile, and I'm F2P but I've put about $100 in. I'm currently level 4 and the new update has caused GW to be impossible to beat. Nonetheless I have a decent collection and don't know who to train with the limited droids I have.

I Have:

DS 6* L54 (Gear 7)
HK 47 4* L51 (Gear 7) The rest are either Gear 6 or below
Poggle 4* L52
Lumi 4* L51
JC 4* L52
IG86 3* L52
IG88 3* L50
Luke 4* L50
Talia 4* L50
Eeth 3* L50
Poe 3* L50
GS 2* L50
Kit Fisto 2* L47
Tano 2* L47
Chewy 3* L49

Replies

• Options
    I could use some help from anybody experienced
  • Options
    Lumi should a top priority. If you are getting more shards for Poe, can go wrong with poe. 3* for poe will really limit his usefulness in the lvl 50s and beyond (this is true for pretty much all characters)

Here would be my priorities of that roster:

Lumi (and farm her shards in GW)
    Poe
    Poggle
    HK
    GS
    JC
    Luke
    IG88
    IG86

this is 9 toons, primarily because to complete GW, you will sometimes need all 9 (maybe a 10th)

The primary reasons that I put the IGs at the bottom are that they are only 3* for you. get them to 4* or above and they would rise up the list.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    One of the keys to GW is healing and synergy. Try to put together teams that make sense synergistically. For example:

IG88, IG86, HK47, and Poggle - are all crit based (and the droid synergies work really well too.) Chewie or Poe might be a nice addition to this team, so they can taunt and keep damage away from the fragile droids (especially IG88 who's very squishy). Either that or a "lesser" healer.

Lumi is a great lead for a Jedi team if she is properly starred and leveled. She has abilities that benefit Jedi (heal and evade). So her team would include JC & Ahsoka. I like Talia here as well, as she can provide offense or healing - then Lumi can heal Talia after she's spent health, etc. Luke might add some nice "pop" to this team, but you need to protect him. Obviously, if you're facing droids in arena, drop Eeth in too.

In general keep in mind 3 things:

1) Gear is more important than stars/levels (swgohcantina.com for details)
    2) Timing is important - heals, using abilities, etc. so don't auto too much.
    3) Play to everyone's strengths - i.e. Chewie is only a good tank if he's got good health (gear, levels, etc.) Lumi is only a good healer if you have her skills leveled up nice and high, Sid is good - but really great against Jedi teams. So make sure you field the best team for what type of team you're facing.

There are far better veterans on this board, but thats my 2 creds.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Prioritice healers first JC, Lumi, Daka, forget about poe he is fodder in GW
    Get Daka from cantina shipments, while getting JC on the cantina node, when JC is done switch to GS
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Just posted this in another thread hope it helps

as far as gw is concerned, you should have at minimum 2 healers in every fight, try to keep them at a 2 rd heal proc range... (I have a 4* Barris I keep for back up....but I manily use jc n luminara ).......but if you consistently fight peeps 10+ lvs higher then you, your prob. Getting the swgoh shaft.

If your not fighting with high dps toon, your gonna get the shaft, my goal is 2-3rd max....I can usally beat most of my 1st 6 nodes, in the 1st 2 rds.

Usally by nodes 7-9 I have to put in a scrub team , to kill off one toon , (usally because there's a poe in it, and I've hit 4-6 phasma /sid leads with poggle, kylo,ig88, ig86, luminara,dooku, daka,qgj mixed teams) so I can bring back my A team n get my health proc back into rotation with out the worry of poe & sid screwing me over in rd one...... my A-team consists of Qgj( lead ) luminara, jc, leia, & ftop(6*) everyone full gear lv70... gw is fun n a p.i.t.a. at times I've completed 74 of 76 gw (some days are a total bit ch, some are easier).

• Options
    Get daka. She's a must for GW
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    One of the keys to GW is healing and synergy. Try to put together teams that make sense synergistically. For example:

IG88, IG86, HK47, and Poggle - are all crit based (and the droid synergies work really well too.) Chewie or Poe might be a nice addition to this team, so they can taunt and keep damage away from the fragile droids (especially IG88 who's very squishy). Either that or a "lesser" healer.

Lumi is a great lead for a Jedi team if she is properly starred and leveled. She has abilities that benefit Jedi (heal and evade). So her team would include JC & Ahsoka. I like Talia here as well, as she can provide offense or healing - then Lumi can heal Talia after she's spent health, etc. Luke might add some nice "pop" to this team, but you need to protect him. Obviously, if you're facing droids in arena, drop Eeth in too.

In general keep in mind 3 things:

1) Gear is more important than stars/levels (swgohcantina.com for details)
    2) Timing is important - heals, using abilities, etc. so don't auto too much.
    3) Play to everyone's strengths - i.e. Chewie is only a good tank if he's got good health (gear, levels, etc.) Lumi is only a good healer if you have her skills leveled up nice and high, Sid is good - but really great against Jedi teams. So make sure you field the best team for what type of team you're facing.

There are far better veterans on this board, but thats my 2 creds.

Pretty good advice right there.

Good start to a killer Droid team