Will raising entry level requirement remove low-level members?

If I raise the minimum level requirement for joining the guild, will that remove the lower-level players who have joined as members already? (Don't want to do that!)

Replies

• Only if you kick them out. I would suggest keeping them, and accepting player of any level and build a strong guild as you all progress. Loyalty is a valuable thing.
  • Thanks. I'm not kicking anyone out! I do want to raise the bar for entry a little.
  • Ranfon
    524 posts Member
    Suggestion: unless you're completing the higher level content (haat) for now, be wary about a level requirement. Often, I'd much rather have a lvl 65-70 person who is hitting the top spot in arena daily compared to a lvl 85 with a couple g10 toons, and a pile of 7-9 toons. Long term usually the lower level player smacking everyone down in arena will catch up and be far better than the other player.
  • I think you're right. That makes sense and is how we've been for well over a year. I just want to raise it from 40 to 58ish because we seem to get a fair number of folks who come in, look around the guild and don't participate. I tend to remove players who are inactive over two weeks if the guild is close to full regardless of level, but I thought a slightly higher level might attract folks who already *know* they want to participate in a guild. What do you think?
  • I think you're right. That makes sense and is how we've been for well over a year. I just want to raise it from 40 to 58ish because we seem to get a fair number of folks who come in, look around the guild and don't participate. I tend to remove players who are inactive over two weeks if the guild is close to full regardless of level, but I thought a slightly higher level might attract folks who already *know* they want to participate in a guild. What do you think?

2 weeks inactive is too long, happens alot, people play and stall out and stop, I'd remove them and keep looking for new players who are hooked on the game.
  • Thank you.