Stuck between a rock and a hard place

Now that the game has more than quite a few toons that are arena worthy I'm having a hard time deciding on who I should use.

For starters, GK and zBarriss are out of the question (and for any further detail as to what toons I have check my sig). So until I can get GK, I believe that Chaze is almost a must... if you have another argument as to who I should choose over them feel free to comment.

So that leaves three available spots for five toons: either Rex or CLS a lead, with DN, Thrawn or R2 as support. At the moment the only zeta'd toon out of these five is DN with his "Wound in the Force." I thought the zeta was good at the time, and I still believe it's nice to have but seeing as how I'm now putting him on the potential chopping block I'm not too thrilled about casting his zeta aside :D

Which 3 of 5 would do you like? I've tried all combinations out but can't decide.

Replies

• usho1
    363 posts Member
    Zeta thrawn, DT, SHT, DN, sum1
  • Empire team. Leave Chaze out, they are garbage right now, believe me. You might think they are somewhat strong when you face them, but it's probably because you're facing them in a CLS, Kenobi, Han/Leia/Ahsoka team and those 3-5 are what makes the enemies game, not Chaze. I am about 10-12 raids away from GK and can't wait to get rid of Chaze. Their biggest Con is the fact that neither of them is good alone. And when they are both together they take 2 slots that can be used by much better characters.
  • First of all barris is g2p and her zeta is well worth it. Secondly i do not have GK either so i feel ya...

I currently use rex (L)chaze/nihlus/thrawn and can easy get in top 20 of my jan 16' shard... but will only hold in top 40-50 overnight. I have no zetas on that team.

Zthrawn is really great w shoretrooper/deathtrooper/r2/nihlus and i think you have those toons... thats what i'd roll with.

Chaze is great and everything BUT, not that great... if you really want to pursue them make chirrut your priority... baze only needs g9 to be arena viable... mine is still g9 and lives until nihlus annihilates him. Taking him past g9 is a waste.
  • Perhaps I wasn't clear enough but I already have Chaze, that's why I asked which 5 toons should fill my 3 remaining spots... All the toons I mentioned are at gear 12; none of the toons you guys mentioned are even gear 9 and most certainly not level 85. I realize that DT and Shore work great with Thrawn but like I just mentioned they're not at all geared up so I just can't plug them in.

Maybe you should actually take a look at my characters before giving advice.
  • Already at gear 12 :o
  • Sorry, gear 11 :D
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    To be specific your gonna have swap leads between rex/cls on chaze/r2/dn/thrawn

Rex (L) chaze/dn/thrawn
    Cls (L) chaze/r2/thrawn

And cherry pick your battles
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Chaze is on the way out.

Your CLS lead with R2, Thrawn, and DN would be good if you can add a tank.
  • Empire team. Leave Chaze out, they are garbage right now, believe me. You might think they are somewhat strong when you face them, but it's probably because you're facing them in a CLS, Kenobi, Han/Leia/Ahsoka team and those 3-5 are what makes the enemies game, not Chaze. I am about 10-12 raids away from GK and can't wait to get rid of Chaze. Their biggest Con is the fact that neither of them is good alone. And when they are both together they take 2 slots that can be used by much better characters.

Gabbage?! Lol. Whatever

Yes garbage, I am using them and they are garbage. They take 2 slots(as I already said) and because of that I can't use many other toons that are far better. Neither of them can do anything on his own. Chirrut can be taken out with 2 turns, Baze can't taunt if Chirrut isn't there unless you kill somebody and on top of that Baze is squishier compared to other tanks, because he benefits mostly from Chirrut. So if they are not a combo they are total garbage.