Is Leia the secret hero of Star Wars?

I don't want to Big Bang Theory Star Wars the way they did Indiana Jones, but think about it:
  • Leia puts the DS plans into R2. If she didn't, Empire wins.
  • Leia gets them into the garbage chute. If she didn't, Empire wins.
  • Leia makes them go back for Luke. If she didn't, Empire wins.
  • Leia stops the Ewoks from eating everyone. If she didn't, Empire wins...Ewoks get heartburn.

And in her spare time as a captive, she just happens to kill a notorious planetary gangster. Empire doesn't win, but Tatooine residents lives are presumably better.

Bottom line? The pretty girl is the true hero of Star Wars.
obama-micdrop.gif

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    In most good adventure/fantasy stories, every character has a purpose and aids the progression of the plot. Thats one thing ROTJ, Rogue One, TFA, and the prequels did wrong. Hm, i suppose that only leaves the first two movies.
  • I'm not sure anyone helps the progression so much. If Luke stayed on Endor, we would've lost the best part of ROTJ but Vader & Palp still would've got themselves blown up.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I'm not sure anyone helps the progression so much. If Luke stayed on Endor, we would've lost the best part of ROTJ but Vader & Palp still would've got themselves blown up.

Notice that i included ROTJ in my list of movies that got that aspect of characters wrong ;)

For example, name one significant thing that han does in ROTJ.
  • I did notice that. Uhh...well he knocks Boba Fett to his death digestion. The only other thing I can think of is lending Lando the Falcon. He kinda drove them to Endor I guess.

He didn't really get the shield down, did he? Ewoks made that possible.
  • I believe that R2D2 is the secret hero of star wars.
    While Leia got them into the trash compacter, R2D2 prevented it from crushing them.
    While Leia killed Jabba, R2D2 tossed Luke his lightsaber, allowing the escape from the Sarlacc Pit.
    R2D2 also prevented the fall of the elevator in ROTS, carried secret plans for Leia and transferred them to Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, and unshrouded Luke's location in TFA by providing the last element of the map.
    star-wars-episode-vi-die-rueckkehr-der-jedi-ritter-sarlacc.jpeg
  • Can't argue with any of that. He got the shield back up in TPM and saved Padme too.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I don't want to Big Bang Theory Star Wars the way they did Indiana Jones, but think about it:
    • Leia puts the DS plans into R2. If she didn't, Empire wins.
    • Leia gets them into the garbage chute. If she didn't, Empire wins.
    • Leia makes them go back for Luke. If she didn't, Empire wins.
    • Leia stops the Ewoks from eating everyone. If she didn't, Empire wins...Ewoks get heartburn.

And in her spare time as a captive, she just happens to kill a notorious planetary gangster. Empire doesn't win, but Tatooine residents lives are presumably better.

Bottom line? The pretty girl is the true hero of Star Wars.
    obama-micdrop.gif

Actually Luke with 3P0 as his prop, stop the Ewoks from eating them. Leia's words fell on the the def ears of the murder bears.

But otherwise I agree - she is quite good isn't she as a supporting hero I'd say.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I believe that R2D2 is the secret hero of star wars.
    While Leia got them into the trash compacter, R2D2 prevented it from crushing them.
    While Leia killed Jabba, R2D2 tossed Luke his lightsaber, allowing the escape from the Sarlacc Pit.
    R2D2 also prevented the fall of the elevator in ROTS, carried secret plans for Leia and transferred them to Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, and unshrouded Luke's location in TFA by providing the last element of the map.
    star-wars-episode-vi-die-rueckkehr-der-jedi-ritter-sarlacc.jpeg

He also stopped Padme from being burnt alive in AOTC, therefore allowing Luke & Leia to be born!

And he fixed the Hyper Drive so that the Falcon could escape in TESB, as well as fixing the shield generator in TPM before Qui Gon, Obi Wan and Padme all blew up!
  • Secret hero? She is quite clearly one of the three most important heroes in Star Wars OT. Not a very well kept secret, if you ask me.
  • I'm just saying she deserves a little more credit is all. Her rescue kinda went like...

Leia: "What's the plan?"
    Luke: "OK, I know your gonna be mad, but I forgot the plan."
  • My name says it all.
  • If we learned anything from TPM and jar jar, its plot armor... the force guided her and the rebels every step of the way...if it wasnt that way it would have been another way like this...

https://youtu.be/lkv_mJa4MNE
  • But of course she is the (goddess ).