Who's Good Against Zavage?

Zeta'd Savage took out two of my teams all by himself in GW Node 11. Any toons that can dispell his "health up" ability?

Replies

• Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    GAT and Nihilus are good options
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • You need a buff immunity to be applied to him....eliminates his HoTs.....or a toon like Boba that will consume all this buffs and deal high damage....or Nihilus...one shot KO if you can lower his CD on annihilate
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    You need a buff immunity to be applied to him....eliminates his HoTs.....or a toon like Boba that will consume all this buffs and deal high damage....or Nihilus...one shot KO if you can lower his CD on annihilate

Note that if you crit him, there goes your buff immunity so this approach is not very reliable unless you apply the immunity repeatedly.
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    DN and Thrawn are the easy options, You can also use Zader and boba when there is enough debuffs or buffs in case of Boba's execute.
  • westenger
    138 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    thrawn makes zavage look like an ughnaut
  • Geonosian spy!
  • Tifer
    130 posts Member
    Any toons that can dispell his "health up" ability?

Resistance trooper is good for that
  • Crazy_Old_Maurice09
    57 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks for the feedback, all. I have DN, but he got taken out by the other DN's "Anihilate" before I could use mine on Zavage. Thrawn is a work still in progress. 5* at g9 and hopefully g11 in the near future. Would help if I upped my speed a bit more. Most of my top toons are in the 190's to low 200's, but mods with good speed don't come easily, though I will get there eventually.

I was finally able to take out all the other Sith on this Node 11 team, with Zavage being the loan survivor.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.

Toons/abilities to use:
    • jka
    • thrawn
    • nihilus
    • CLS
    • boba
    • geo spy
      anyone with
    • dispell on basic
    • buff immunity
    • healing immunity
    • shock
    • daze (not for the healing but to slow him down)
  • Sempoo
    3 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Just stun him or reduce his tm and finish him off with boba or vader when there are alot of dot on him..or wiggs or any other high dmg kitten while he is stunned
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Darth Nihilus (Annihilate), Boba Fett (Execute), Grand Admiral Thrawn (Fracture) are all great against him.
  • I used a DN lead squad with EP... Shock him then just whittle him down. ZSavage behind a Zmaul lead can be annoying, but just shock any sith and he will absorb the debuff next turn.

Really I just ignore him and leave him to last... But key is to make sure you have something with heal immunity/buff immunity left. Using DN as lead is nice as it stops you from crit attacks.
  • stavrik
    88 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Emperor and Dooku are also good. Shock and stun I use them in GW and don't have problem with Zavage.
    Forgot Sidius. He inflict healing immunity.
  • zombiwan_kenobi
    427 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Debuffs won't work if he has a zeta so you'll nead Nihilus or his lead, huge burst such as a Wiggs or TM reduction.
    Usually i auto battle and wait for my squad to not achieve too many criticals. Most boring gameplay ever. :/
  • Zader destroys Zavage. All those people mentioning debufs have mostly forgot the cleanse on crit (why DN lead is good), but Zader brings them back.

In fact, if you leave Zavage till the end, his repeated cleanse of other Sith will build up so many DoTs on him that a DN debuf or EP shock can remove the HoTs or prevent healing and he'll just die from DoTs. Of Culling Blade/Execute and 1hko.

The real trick with Zavage is to not hit him until you are sure you can deal with him. Don't feed him TM and avoid giving him Offense Up. Us special damage which he has less resistance against and has a lower crit chance, apply massive damage moves.
  • Once I was able to kill zavage 1v1 with zyoda. But that took me like 3.5 minutes :-)
  • doesnt matter if thrawn is work in progress, all you need is his fracture, then the rest of the team can take him out
  • have downed Zavage a number of times with Zylo. Keep up his ret and keep nailing him with the stun ability. If Zavage gets through all Zylo's protection and nails into his health, it is normally a very quick death to Zavage there after. Just my experience with dealing with him.
  • got a 5* Thrawn that is lvl72 and gear 8. I use him for 1 thing in GW. Fracture, the rest of the sqoad will do the rest.
  • Lossberg wrote: »
    Once I was able to kill zavage 1v1 with zyoda. But that took me like 3.5 minutes :-)

Yeah, I've had that too, but I also learned not to rely on it ;)

Nihilus and Thrawn were mentioned already, they are by far the easiest ways of dealing with Zavage. My jedis dealt with him by simply dealing him the death of a thousand cuts, while JKA continuously applied heal immunity. The main trick is to just ignore him completely until you are ready to focus all your effort on him. Without offense up, his basic doesn't hit too hard. Shock is obviously THE debuff you'd want to apply (well, fracture, but aside from that), preventing both healing and TM gain. But Palpatine is pretty bad in the current meta. He runs the chance of getting 1-shot by a number of toons.
  • @Acrofales I never said that it is reliable :smile:
  • Who is GAT? Sometimes the acronym is hard to decipher
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Who is GAT? Sometimes the acronym is hard to decipher

Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Who is GAT? Sometimes the acronym is hard to decipher

Grand Admiral Thrawn
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Zeta'd Savage took out two of my teams all by himself in GW Node 11. Any toons that can dispell his "health up" ability?

Emperor Palpatine utterly destroys him. No TM, no healing, no buffs. He is the very best for 1v1 zSavage
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    DarkLord7 wrote: »
    Zeta'd Savage took out two of my teams all by himself in GW Node 11. Any toons that can dispell his "health up" ability?

Emperor Palpatine utterly destroys him. No TM, no healing, no buffs. He is the very best for 1v1 zSavage

But if EP crits, Zavage dispels all his debuffs
  • Zylo, debuff him with a basic attack and then special him
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Zylo, debuff him with a basic attack and then special him

Kylo crits lots of times (Removing that healing inmunity)