To all of you who are opening bashing this game

Prev1
RamzaBeoulve
100 posts Member
edited February 2016
How do you think great games are made? Over night? Lol. Get real. Think about diablo 3's release. The devs on this game are working themselves to the bone. I've played mortal kombat 9 for almost 6 years now. In this first year it received 4 patches. Then they abandoned the game entirely. They just allowed their baby that made them quite a lot of money to sink super hard. The devs that code this game are honestly working really hard to make a great gaming experience. Clearly because of how many changes at once was a mistake. Should've been more incremental to not break the mold which is exactly what happened. But that being said. It's still in development. Things will improve quite rapidly.
Post edited by WillowStar on

Replies

• Options
    Dang I'd hoped you were going to ask why they stayed and I had a good one liner about for the same reason I stayed married, because I liked the abuse but this wasn't that. Ah well.
  • Options
    Development seems to be propelled by greed with this game and that's not fun and not good for the game at all.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    +1
    Also, because of the rushed release to coincede with TFA, anything before the february update should be considered as little more than beta...
  • Options
    papnwors wrote: »
    Development seems to be propelled by greed with this game and that's not fun and not good for the game at all.

Proof?
  • ThewhiteonE
    658 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    How do you think great games are made? Over night? Lol. Get real. Think about diablo 3's release. The devs on this game are working themselves to the bone. I've played mortal kombat 9 for almost 6 years now. In this first year it received 4 patches. Then they abandoned the game entirely. They just allowed their baby that made them quite a lot of money to sink super hard. The devs that code this game are honestly working really hard to make a great gaming experience. Clearly because of how many changes at once was a mistake. Should've been more incremental to not break the mold which is exactly what happened. But that being said. It's still in development. Things will improve quite rapidly.

Not like it hasn't been said before, but thank you, this for me anyways shows progress! The beaches will beach but it's folks like you that'll make the game move forward. You see the bigger picture!
    Dang I'd hoped you were going to ask why they stayed and I had a good one liner about for the same reason I stayed married, because I liked the abuse but this wasn't that. Ah well.

Hahaha! Still funny regardless!
  • Jesus747
    56 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    +1
    Also, because of the rushed release to coincede with TFA, anything before the february update should be considered as little more than beta...

Truth, but too bad we weren't told it was beta. Instead the devs kept raising expectations like it's going to be great around the corner instead of just leveling with people and tell them to no expect too much because they had to rush the game out. They didn't do that be ause they probably thought it would hurt their sales.
  • Options
    I think this game is great, gives us the experience lot of us looking for.

The problem is that we/some of us* are impatient, want everything *now*, can't wait a day/week/month to mature.

*you choose :smile:
  • Options
    When they say we're improving something such as the credit and droid challenge and there improvement is reducing its payouts by 85% this is a problem that deserves to be addressed. There actively reducing the economy significantly forcing players to spending money. I was all for spending money to improve characters when it felt like I was getting something extra now there's pay was just to play the game. If people don't voice there concerns why would they ever change things like this

• Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I got to you referance to Diablo III, and stopped reading as I think D3 is the biggest dissapointment ever, since all the cool things they were talking about, were cut away and replaced with gaming for dummies tools, all the things that made D2 last for so long, they had removed(think Activision is to blame), yes it took all start sales records but the revenue dropped quickly, even the in game trade for real money wen't down the hill, and most that I know went back to D2, or stopped playing Diablo alltogether.

Lol it cencors out D with 3 capital i's
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Stevesaint74
    898 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

But we're paying a premium cost for it! I'd be far more forgiving if the content level/bug removals kept up with the inflation of customer costs too
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    I got to you referance to Diablo III, and stopped reading as I think D3 is the biggest dissapointment ever, since all the cool things they were talking about, were cut away and replaced with gaming for dummies tools, all the things that made D2 last for so long, they had removed(think Activision is to blame), yes it took all start sales records but the revenue dropped quickly, even the in game trade for real money wen't down the hill, and most that I know went back to D2, or stopped playing Diablo alltogether.

D2 was my favorite game in early 2000s, LOD ladder was incredibly fun. Still cannot believe D3 was not even close in terms of fun, endless farming for a legendary was pathetic.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Natok205 wrote: »

D2 was my favorite game in early 2000s, LOD ladder was incredibly fun. Still cannot believe D3 was not even close in terms of fun, endless farming for a legendary was pathetic.

Toon stats were fixed, so there were no way to make off toons like in D2, and they scrapped the cool skill tree that u could mege with ruins, but the devs never understood the players, and changed it to the boring way skills work today, as they said "There are more ways to alter ur skills" completly missing what the fun was, to build the toon as you wanted to,
    Thats why it's importend for devs to figure out what is fun for the players
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    The game is great.

The communication from Devs is terrible.

The 'not stealth' nerfs are terrible.

The inaccurate patch notes are terrible.

The fact that one of the greatest meta shifts of the game was entirely unmentioned was terrible.

I'm sure I'll think of more . . .
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    I am sure that like any other team, most of them are working hard and trying and there is always going to be that 10%. I really appreciate those who do try. I appreciate EA_Jesse, for instance, and I_am_not_really_a_jedi. They do the best with what they have. The problems are originating above them. Management has made decisions but has not supported them, documented them, or held that 10% accountable. Unfortunately, the bad just keeps getting exacerbated while the good cannot keep up. I understand that they are making some changes to their procedures. A shared log of changes made for patch notes would be a terrific start, for example.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    "The devs that code this game are honestly working really hard to make a great gaming experience."

That's great someone is doing their job and all. The major issue people have is the blatant cash grab. Its just out right greed to launch a Jedi event and then offer two low starting jedis for 59.99.
  • DarthBalls
    518 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Lol at blatant cash grab. How do you think games like this make money? If you don't like the jedi bundle... Don't buy it. If you don't want exclusive characters...don't buy chromium packs. If you love Anakin and think he's your missing link...Maybe it's worth 60 bones. I know I wish I bought the droid pack when I first started.

It's a great game with more content coming. All those "games in the genre that offer more". I guarantee you they didn't have all those gaming additions when it launched. JFC
  • Options
    I'm not sure what rock you live under but there are multiple freemium games that make millions of dollars without selling items at $60 - $100 a pop.
  • Options
    How do you think great games are made? Over night? Lol. Get real. Think about diablo 3's release. The devs on this game are working themselves to the bone. I've played mortal kombat 9 for almost 6 years now. In this first year it received 4 patches. Then they abandoned the game entirely. Talk about **** devs. They just allowed their baby that made them quite a lot of money to sink super hard. The devs that code this game are honestly working really hard to make a great gaming experience. Clearly because of how many changes at once was a mistake. Should've been more incremental to not break the mold which is exactly what happened. But that being said. It's still in development. Things will improve quite rapidly. So calm the **** down

Not like it hasn't been said before, but thank you, this for me anyways shows progress! The beaches will beach but it's folks like you that'll make the game move forward. You see the bigger picture!

Hahaha! Still funny regardless!

:)
  • RamzaBeoulve
    100 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    TommySitt wrote: »

Have a cookie.

The devs have incrementally taken things away from us, and given some things back at increased cost. Meanwhile, the game has, at best, half of the content of others in this genre. Regarding patches, a known bug can go on for weeks or more, for example Assaj healing the whole party, but The Anakin nerf in the Yoda event was fixed in 24 hrs? Anakin was fixed because it made the event harder, which will make players spend more to develop other Jedi.

How is this "working really hard to make a great gaming experience?"
    Jesus747 wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    +1

Truth, but too bad we weren't told it was beta.

Beta testing at top dollar

• Options
    tameshon wrote: »
    When they say we're improving something such as the credit and droid challenge and there improvement is reducing its payouts by 85% this is a problem that deserves to be addressed. There actively reducing the economy significantly forcing players to spending money. I was all for spending money to improve characters when it felt like I was getting something extra now there's pay was just to play the game. If people don't voice there concerns why would they ever change things like this

I'm not saying don't address the issues. It's just the manor at which its being presented I have an issue with. Gets old.
  • RamzaBeoulve
    100 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

• Options
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    I am sure that like any other team, most of them are working hard and trying and there is always going to be that 10%. I really appreciate those who do try. I appreciate EA_Jesse, for instance, and I_am_not_really_a_jedi. They do the best with what they have. The problems are originating above them. Management has made decisions but has not supported them, documented them, or held that 10% accountable. Unfortunately, the bad just keeps getting exacerbated while the good cannot keep up. I understand that they are making some changes to their procedures. A shared log of changes made for patch notes would be a terrific start, for example.

Yes. This.
  • Options
    DarthBalls wrote: »
    Lol at blatant cash grab. How do you think games like this make money? If you don't like the jedi bundle... Don't buy it. If you don't want exclusive characters...don't buy chromium packs. If you love Anakin and think he's your missing link...Maybe it's worth 60 bones. I know I wish I bought the droid pack when I first started.

It's a great game with more content coming. All those "games in the genre that offer more". I guarantee you they didn't have all those gaming additions when it launched. JFC

Forrrrrrr real!!!! You get it
  • d3gauss
    311 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    DarthBalls wrote: »

Dude have you spent money? You can spend a grand and get nothing. I have pulled more ewok scouts than anything...probably around 15...and it is the wrist thing you can pull not only is it a terrible character, but you get almost no shards for it because it is 1 star...

The game punishes you for spending money. This isn't about then making money, this is about then getting filthy rich so they can throw music festivals.

• SamSausagehead
    99 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I'm not for flame threads but we DO have freedom of press which allow us to openly criticize any organization on its decisions.

And to be fair, great games are usually great as soon as it launches and includes very minor tweaks.

I am a p2p player and have spent multiple hundreds on the game. Although, SWGOH is a great game and fun; it does seem we have been playing a beta version especially since added features and etc are still to come and are still being coded. These said features being KEY to any mobile game app these days. (I.E.; Guild Features)
    [SøtFØ] Leader
  • Options
    With the money they are making now on the game they can do alot to improve this game even more
  • Options
    Let's face it, we all love this game deep down or else we wouldn't care enough to post on forums.

I believe the Devs are doing what they can, and I do expect greater things to come.... especially with the huge amounts of cash they've been pulling in!
  • Options
    Let's face it, we all love this game deep down or else we wouldn't care enough to post on forums.

I believe the Devs are doing what they can, and I do expect greater things to come.... especially with the huge amounts of cash they've been pulling in!

Exactly they receive enough money so that wont be a problem